forum

Help with spinner

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
-yuo-
[quote=" in p/5925840, -yuo- ":1337]IDK if replies in this thread are fast but lets try :)

SO, I'VE FINALLY BEEN WORKING ON THE NIGHTGATE SKIN ( link in sig)

I found that many items are unclear without much background dim, and i would like to add a black shadow behind the spinner.

i've tried:
Intergerating it into the glow image, but since it's additive it didn't show up
Making a new image and naming it the 'spinner-background' but this reverted the actual spinner to the old style

Is there a way to slide a completely black shadow under the current spinner with minimal editing?

thanks in advance
Lyawi

-yuo- wrote:

but this reverted the actual spinner to the old style
why you don't try a newer skin version then?
O2MasterFX
^ and use spinner-middle2 (spinner-middle if you want it static but it turns red when it's 'clear').

Or just go with the old style.
Topic Starter
-yuo-

Lyawi wrote:

-yuo- wrote:

but this reverted the actual spinner to the old style
why you don't try a newer skin version then?

O2MasterFX wrote:

^ and use spinner-middle2 (spinner-middle if you want it static but it turns red when it's 'clear').

Or just go with the old style.
I'm using skin version 2.5, and using the middle2 will add the "shadow" above the main spinner since its the highest layer, and block out the spinner...

No matter what skin version you force, if you add a spinner-background the spinner will force back to the old style. I can't use this because this particular spinner uses multiple layers to create a parallax effect and different speeds to improve recognition in gameplay

:(

(thanks for the help)
O2MasterFX
Well.. you could try mask it out by making a circle with the same size of your spinner, add shadow effect and fill the circle at 0%. Leaving shadow effect only.

No guarantee. (If that doesn't work, then you're forced to go old style or abandon the effect)
Topic Starter
-yuo-

O2MasterFX wrote:

Well.. you could try mask it out by making a circle with the same size of your spinner, add shadow effect and fill the circle at 0%. Leaving shadow effect only.

No guarantee. (If that doesn't work, then you're forced to go old style or abandon the effect)

:? :?:
Can you rephrase this?