forum

mouse sensitivity

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
judgegrumble
what do you recommend for sensitivity and general mouse speed on osu! my mouse is crap but I'm wondering if increasing or decreasing the mouse speed and sensitivity will help me play better
Echo
This map has been deleted on the request of its creator. It is no longer available.
James
the lower the better, thats my opinion :)
Echo
Lower means you can be more accurate, but much more mouse movement and spinners are harder to spin

Higher means less mouse movement and harder to be accurate but easier to get high bonuses on spinners
Ekaru
I have it on 1x, with the computer's mouse settings having the sensitivity right in the middle. I would just set it to what you're used to, though it should be quick enough so you can move it. Having it too fast can end up A. giving your hand the cramps because you have to move it, but barely, and you have to 'twitch' it to move just a tiny bit. B. Give you crappy spinner scores because you keep on spinning outside the circle. Having it high can IMPROVE your spinner scores, but only if you make super tiny circles with your mouse. =P

I would either keep it as is, or increase it just a tiny bit. Also, if you believe your mouse is crappy, then just get a $10 optical mouse from Best Buy or Target. If wires get in your way, go wireless (This can happen if your computer is at an abnormal position, as in, is to the right, facing towards you, and is located just a tiny bit behind you, like mine, resulting in the cord going backwards and to the right). Just a normal optical mouse is good enough for osu! from my experience.

P.S. Can everyone stop saying they have a crappy mouse? All because it's not a gaming mouse doesn't mean it's crap, dang nabbit. XP Stop using that excuse when you do badly! D:

SUMMARY: Get a $10 optical mouse if you believe your mouse is crap, and just set it to a nice medium if you have issues with your current settings. Oh, and higher helps your spinner bonuses if you spin tiny circles, unlike my huge circles. Otherwise it can hurt.

EDIT: Because 'I have a crap mouse' is one of the most used excuses from my experience. >_>;

EDIT2: Just to clarify, by a 'nice medium', I mean that you can just pivot the mouse around your wrist, so your wrist just sits their, and pivots and stuff, while your finger(s) clicks through everything!
Gemi

Ekaru wrote:

SUMMARY: Get a $10 optical mouse if you believe your mouse is crap, and just set it to a nice medium if you have issues with your current settings. Oh, and higher helps your spinner bonuses if you spin tiny circles, unlike my huge circles. Otherwise it can hurt.

EDIT: Because 'I have a crap mouse' is one of the most used excuses from my experience. >_>;
Actually if you buy a $10 mouse then it probably does suck when spining wildly in spinners and drops your spin rate since the mouse can't keep up with your speed. I'd suggest something a bit more costly that handles acceleration and high speeds well, eg Logitech MX518.
Asher005
This map has been deleted on the request of its creator. It is no longer available.
Slain087
Optimal sensitivity has a lot of factors included. Is your mouse optical or ball? What's the mass of the thing? What's the size of your mousepad? How easily is it reached and in a comfortable position? And most of all, what's comfortable for you?

On that note, I have my mouse at 1.2x normal Windows speed ingame. My mouse is a little heftier than most, so I need slightly more sensitivity to compensate. The slightly increased sensitivity also comes in useful due to the small, uncomfortable position I have to have my hand in because I'm using a standard steel chair rather than one of those chairs that let you control your height. It allows me to get Jamesspacing relatively quickly, and is accurate enough to not overshoot everything.

It's up to you, though, whether you prefer accuracy or speed.
James
i have low sensitivity but and got both accuracy and speed :3 /notbragging
Zatoichi
My sensitivity is set at .08. I average spins at about 150-200. I have a really, really small mousepad.

I still believe none of that is to blame for my being in the 4000s. I believe it is because I suck, and need more James's Training.
Card N'FoRcE
lukewarmholiday
I have 1 tick from max windows sensitivity and 4.0x osu sensitivity.

But my right hand is as steady as a rock, so don't follow my lead
James
thats why you got imbalanced spinning technique
lukewarmholiday

James wrote:

no u
rbjwest16
I use a program to increase my mouse sensitivity to 2x (dont have computer admin :/)
then osu's sensitivity at 4x

that probably totals to 6x, but im playing this because im really used to ultra high sensitivity settings :P
James

lukewarmholiday wrote:

James wrote:

no u
what? i got almost the opposite of youre :P
CowNoseThe50PoundCat
I have found I like Osu! at 1.6x and the drivers for my mouse say its at "10" top level sensitivity. Now, I dunno if my mouse's drivers correspond with the windows setting but whatever.