forum

A question on osu! offline scores

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Coro
I'm wondering, what happens to scores and ranks you obtain while you're playing on offline mode? Do they get synced the next time you connect to bancho? Or do they just stay on your local score (and lost forever 8D)?

Just a random question. I dunno, maybe even a stupid one.
Cheer-no
They stay on your local scoreboard, sadly. Syncing with Bancho would be nice, but it would be too easy to just hack a score offline and then upload it to the server.
Topic Starter
Coro
Sad. Maybe someone should suggest that as a feature, since the code involved shouldn't be too difficult to implement.
But yeah, there are the problems of hacked scores. Still, that problem is present in all games to some degree or other, online or offline.
Guess I'll have to re-SS rank all my 1-star maps =(
adam2046

CoroQuetz wrote:

Maybe someone should suggest that as a feature, since the code involved shouldn't be too difficult to implement.
viewtopic.php?p=29119
viewtopic.php?p=57546
viewtopic.php?p=505474
boat

CoroQuetz wrote:

Still, that problem is present in all games to some degree or other, online or offline.
which is why peppy pretty much prevents cheating from happening

CoroQuetz wrote:

Guess I'll have to re-SS rank all my 1-star maps =(
why would you do that
Topic Starter
Coro
@failboat

Because I play 1-star maps when I am offline and bored... Usually.
Avedas

CoroQuetz wrote:

But yeah, there are the problems of hacked scores. Still, that problem is present in all games to some degree or other, online or offline.
Honestly it's bad enough as it is. Which isn't currently a huge deal.
theowest
I hate it when internet stops working.. It means the score I just got on a beatmap will be lost. Forever. ;___;

This happened today

S rank on Disturbia.. http://osu.ppy.sh/s/5399

FMInternet
Anzo
Hackers make everything limited...

And I think that one will never get implemented.
/me thinks about Bancho having huge server load..
Alternate_old
God, just peppy ban the hackers, but sadly, he cant discontinue the mods. :'(
MacDx
I just got my first SS on a 5 star map and the score didn't upload to global and I was wondering why, now I know it's lost forever, fuck this is awful
peppy
I'm sure you can get it again. Ganbare!