forum

Slider Questions

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
CrAzYbUnNyCoAsTeR
I've been looking for answers to these questions over the osu! forums, but haven't been able to find any threads that ask the same questions I do. If there is one that answers the same questions, and I was just too blonde to notice it, please post the URL. With that being said... please answer my question... it should be simple to those of you that make beatmaps.

Anou. I've been trying to make a beatmap for a while now, but I haven't figured out how to make a slider go back and forth.

Another thing I've been wondering about is how to draw sliders out. I don't mean like make them big. I want to know how you make small sliders go on for a long period of time. Every time that I attempt to do a slider like this it's quick and hard to slide. I want to know how to slow sliders down.

And lastly, I want to know how to make a bunch of fruit drops inside a slider. Anou.

Wahh~ -flails arms around uselessly- I have terrible scores on all the screenshots because it was hard to press shift with my pinky and F12 with my middle finger. -scratches back of head- If you can answer my questions that would be great. Arigatougozaimasushita! ^,^
mm201
Open up the timing panel (press F6) and add an new inheriting section. (Press the green + and it should add one.)
Then, at the left, you should see an option, "Slider velocity multiplier." Pick 0.75x or a custom value. (The slowest it will go is 0.5x.)
Sliders found after this green line in your map will go at the new speed. Add another green line with 1.0x to speed them up again.

Ekaru
1. You want a horizontal repeat slider. Make a horizontal slider, and then on the timeline, drag the end to the right. You'll get a repeat.

2. To draw sliders out, put an Inherited Timing Section at the slider's start. Then, go into the Timing Panel, and you'll see an option to change the slider's speed multiplier. Set it to a number lower than 1, and there you go.

3. For that, a good slider tickrate at a good BPM does that IIRC. The faster the BPM the better. This is because you want as many ticks per second as you can if you want a lot of those small fruit at once. This way, if you make a long slider you'll get a lot of fruit. So, this depends on the map.

Hope that helps! Just ask again if you need more help.

EDIT: 2 = what mm201 said. He explained it better.
mm201

Ekaru wrote:

and then on the timeline, drag the end to the right.
Just to note, you need to drag the end of the slider. It should show a "resize" cursor. Otherwise, the slider itself will move.