forum

Help With Sensitivity and Tablet Area Playing Size?

posted
Total Posts
show more
Nattsun
You are not supposed to play 5* maps anyway.

There is no "best" area, the higher the area the better your aim will become, though. More room to work with, better developing of muscle memory plus higher presicion. If you change your tablet area every second day you will develop no muscle memory at all, so pick something that is comfortable to you and stick to it. Some pro players like Totori change it occasionally, I don't know if that is a smart move, but they probably know what they are doing.
Topic Starter
Manfred

Cirno9 wrote:

You are not supposed to play 5* maps anyway.
Uhh, am I not supposed to do 6* maps either? I don't find 4* maps fun at all, I feel I'm on the spot because those are the range of maps I'm capable of FCing and that just causes me to rage really easy when I miss something that I shouldn't have missed. It's just more stressful playing them, then messing around with 5.3-6* maps.
I tried what sandy said and turned my sensitivity down to 1, but in turn I have to make my tablet area the size of a credit card to feel like I'm not trying to move the cursor 2 miles to reach a jump.
Yuudachi-kun
If you don't find the thing you need to do most of all in order to improve fun, then you're fucked and should stop worrying about improving.
Topic Starter
Manfred

Yuudachi-kun wrote:

If you don't find the thing you need to do most of all in order to improve fun, then you're fucked and should stop worrying about improving.
The way I look at it now, it's not like FCing some stupid TV sized 4.5* map is going to magically make me better at the game permanently, like a step up a staircase. Simply playing the game and doing what I guess I find fun will in my mind, hopefully, lead to me becoming a better overall player, capable of FCing those TV sized maps and more with relative ease. Otherwise, if that doesn't work, I don't know why I'm still playing this god forsaken game still.
Sandy Hoey

Manfred wrote:

The way I look at it now, it's not like FCing some stupid TV sized 4.5* map is going to magically make me better at the game permanently
There are 4* maps that aren't TV sized...
Yuudachi-kun

Manfred wrote:

Yuudachi-kun wrote:

The way I look at it now, it's not like FCing some stupid TV sized 4.5* map is going to magically make me better at the game permanently
When you fc a combination of dozens tv sized and non tv sized in your top 20 pp that progressively move up the star rating, you will.
Topic Starter
Manfred

Sandy Hoey wrote:

Manfred wrote:

There are 4* maps that aren't TV sized...
I know, that's just my example. I've been trying to FC https://osu.ppy.sh/b/859001&m=0 [Moecho's Another] for the last few days, so I'm aware of the different types of maps, even at 4 SR.
Topic Starter
Manfred

Yuudachi-kun wrote:

When you fc a combination of dozens tv sized and non tv sized in your top 20 pp that progressively move up the star rating, you will.

I've noticed I have improved, based on my tops scores, but also simply by what I can comprehend to read and what I can now consider easy that I once considered hard. I can't take the pp system seriously anymore after my 3rd highest pp score I obtained the the other day. https://osu.ppy.sh/b/672429&m=0 [CBH's Insane Glue] DT 96.64% 174/178 FC. I did that on my first try of the map, just messing around with DT and ever since I got that score, I can't get good accuracy, let alone FC that map. It's all just luck to me right now.
Yuudachi-kun
Well first of all, don't DT 3* anything. Until you can DT something that's 4.00* or greater, it's not really worth it in terms of improving.

Secondly, who the fuck cares if one file you have is a bit overrated? It's one out of 20 I said were important and one out of all 100 that count. It doesn't stop you in any way from trying harder for files that give less pp than that one.
Nattsun

Yuudachi-kun wrote:

Well first of all, don't DT 3* anything. Until you can DT something that's 4.00* or greater, it's not really worth it in terms of improving.

Secondly, who the fuck cares if one file you have is a bit overrated? It's one out of 20 I said were important and one out of all 100 that count. It doesn't stop you in any way from trying harder for files that give less pp than that one.
Everyone is overranked anyway. Honestly, the most impressive plays pro players did are worth nothing. Just naming Totoris lindwurm FC (like 250pp?), which is an insane score and underweighted af.

@Manfred I FCd like 1400 4* maps and there is so much diversity in that starrange. I always play 4* maps, as warmup, for fun, for improvement, sadly not for pp anymore.
Come to think of, if it's THAT easy to climb in the current system then proof it. People just tend to abandon other skills for aim+accuracy, it doesn't mean they are bad, they just suck at the stuff they didn't play.
Yuudachi-kun
2016-12-01 09:59 Yuudachi-kun: well seeing as im rank 2k now...
2016-12-01 09:59 Fangzy: that's what i mean
2016-12-01 09:59 Fangzy: you left when the era of pp farm maps
2016-12-01 09:59 Fangzy: emerged
2016-12-01 09:59 Yuudachi-kun: but we always had that
2016-12-01 10:00 Yuudachi-kun: ACTION is playing [http://osu.ppy.sh/b/207846 MuryokuP - Sweet Sweet Cendrillon Drug [Cendrillon]] +DoubleTime
2016-12-01 10:00 Fangzy: no it's bad
2016-12-01 10:00 Yuudachi-kun: im gonna try this
2016-12-01 10:00 Yuudachi-kun: now
2016-12-01 10:01 Fangzy: atleast 800ppl above you don't deserve their rank i bet xd

Lmbo checking my osu replays I have a 2 miss on cendrillion drug DT from a year ago

Topic Starter
Manfred

Cirno9 wrote:

@Manfred I FCd like 1400 4* maps and there is so much diversity in that starrange. I always play 4* maps, as warmup, for fun, for improvement, sadly not for pp anymore.
Come to think of, if it's THAT easy to climb in the current system then proof it. People just tend to abandon other skills for aim+accuracy, it doesn't mean they are bad, they just suck at the stuff they didn't play.
I just went back and tried to FC any map at 4* rating. I FCed 1 map, and its was 40 seconds long, you might be able to guess (HAI) what it was. I mean I don't know what's up, but when I go back to try maps at 4* my fingers actually go slack sometimes AR 9 is actually too slow for me to play comfortably, so I have to slow myself down so much to the point where my body doesn't actually react to notes at all. Instead of practicing AR 9 I'm going to have to ignore any advice given to me telling me to play at "my level" of 4* maps. I can't fucking stand almost any of them. I don't care if it doesn't get me anywhere, I'm sticking with 5.5* + and just being happy with passing maps with an A for the time being.

I know this isn't special AT ALL, but for me it was a big accomplishment, and tough as fucking nails to actually pass. https://osu.ppy.sh/b/979547&m=0 [StaR's Extra] 90.79% accuracy B ranking. To me, that was fun to pass, wasn't worth jack shit but to pass a 6* map at 227 bpm, made me feel less shitty.

Also https://osu.ppy.sh/s/440827. Again, not an impressive score by other higher ranked players standards, but a 89.90% B is another score I can be happy with, and had fun trying to get. I still go back frequently to try and better my score at that, and I find that fun. So my point here is I guess, I'm doing what I find fun, and 4* maps aren't part of that.

I think this thread was originally about Tablet or sensitivity or sum shit, who cares anymore.
Yuudachi-kun
I liked playing 2008 files at ar6-8 for fun

You should try that.
Topic Starter
Manfred

Yuudachi-kun wrote:

I liked playing 2008 files at ar6-8 for fun

You should try that.
That's some scary stuff, AR 8 I can handle with HD but I've never tried AR 6 outside of 2-3* maps. Sounds like fun.
Yuudachi-kun
https://osu.ppy.sh/s/85

https://osu.ppy.sh/s/2188

These are actually my best fcs. Still top 50 on mope lmbo

I am going to highly reccomend playing 2008 everything and becoming a WWW tier reading master
Topic Starter
Manfred

Yuudachi-kun wrote:

I am going to highly reccomend playing 2008 everything and becoming a WWW tier reading master
A few posts ago on this thread Cirno9 mentioned Totori, and now that you've mentioned WWW I mine as well bring up one of my favorite plays that in my eyes, is just mindblowing. If you've ever seen WWW's #2 single tapping on https://osu.ppy.sh/s/137377 then you can probably agree that that play is just unbelievable, that play is what gave me the push to get into playing higher BPM maps.
Nattsun

Yuudachi-kun wrote:

https://osu.ppy.sh/s/85

https://osu.ppy.sh/s/2188

These are actually my best fcs. Still top 50 on mope lmbo

I swear, a friend and me had a DJPOP masterrace. We picked his legendary maps and aimed for #1 in friend rankings. I even got an S rank on that "marisa stole the precious thing" map.

Oldschool stamina workout (legends say my fingers still burn).

@Manfred, if you are already on it, the ar8/od8 nightcore maps from the nightcore beatmap packs are incredible. You feel the rhythm, gr8 mapping imo.
Yuudachi-kun
I have a C fc on wizards in winter

It's a magical file
Nattsun

Yuudachi-kun wrote:

I have a C fc on wizards in winter

It's a magical file
Gotta get 10k bonus on the spinners :^)
Yuudachi-kun
That's the file where I learned you can hold one button for spinners and use the other buttons for hitting circles.
3bdallah
just noticed we have similar rank [85k], play time in hours [236]and I started playing 9monthes ago

I thought I was so much behind people for my play time lol
Topic Starter
Manfred

3bdallah wrote:

just noticed we have similar rank [85k], play time in hours [236]and I started playing 9monthes ago

Oh wow, we really are. Our top scores are even along the same lines Granat being a shining gem of "easy" pp. I still found my score hard to obtain, but to prevent myself farming it more I deleted it from my listing. I too worry that I'm not at the right pace compared to other players, but I think we really are on the right path with our scores, playtime and so on. Race you to 2k I guess? (you'll win, I don't have any fun trying to play for pp)
Yuudachi-kun

3bdallah wrote:

Compared to me at 238 hours you probably are
Nattsun

Yuudachi-kun wrote:

3bdallah wrote:

Compared to me at 238 hours you probably are
You seem to forget that you are above "average". IMO 300-350 hours played=rank 50k is pretty solid and that's what people should try to achieve. Shouldn't be that hard with the amount of jumpspam maps nowadays, I quit w farming, though. Fuck that, it's less fun that way, even if you get pp.
Topic Starter
Manfred

Cirno9 wrote:

You seem to forget that you are above "average". IMO 300-350 hours played=rank 50k is pretty solid and that's what people should try to achieve. Shouldn't be that hard with the amount of jumpspam maps nowadays, I quit w farming, though. Fuck that, it's less fun that way, even if you get pp.

Amen, specifically farming for PP, throwing any sort of fun to be had out the window, is just a giant circle jerk of sadness to me. Right now I'm trying to pass USAO Dynamite [Twerk] and Airman, because fuck it, it's what I find fun.
Nattsun

Manfred wrote:

Cirno9 wrote:

Amen, specifically farming for PP, throwing any sort of fun to be had out the window, is just a giant circle jerk of sadness to me. Right now I'm trying to pass USAO Dynamite [Twerk] and Airman, because fuck it, it's what I find fun.
Well, I can farm pp if I want. I just can't seem to find enjoyment in FCing jumpspam maps, I prefer streaming and in all honesty, I'm thinking about giving up the mouse masterrace. If my table wouldn't be too high for tablet...

I think it's quite obvious what I like, it's playing 4* maps and not the generic stuff. The best sliderspam/"normal" maps are 4* anyway, I only play 5* maps cuz 4* maps ain't technical enough (anymore).
Yuudachi-kun

Cirno9 wrote:

Rank 50k means almost nothing to me right now because rank is constantly changing from when I was playing through the game.

2,000pp for rank 26,000
3,000pp for rank 10,000
4,000 pp for rank 4,000
5,000pp for the mid 1000's
5,500pp for rank 1000

This is how I remember it

Everytime you say jumpspam I read jumpstream

Manfred wrote:

Cirno9 wrote:

Your statement that these two things are mutually exclusive is incorrect. It's just not fun for you
Topic Starter
Manfred

Manfred wrote:

Right now I'm trying to pass USAO Dynamite [Twerk] and Airman, because fuck it, it's what I find fun.

Yuudachi-kun wrote:

Your statement that these two things are mutually exclusive is incorrect. It's just not fun for you
Isn't it implied in what I said that I don't think what I find fun to also be what all others find fun? Everyone's enjoyment of the game is subjective, and I'm not saying what I enjoy is anything else but my own experience. Stating my opinion on PP farming ≠ fact, and I'm aware of that.
Yuudachi-kun
Then can you explain why "throwing any sort of fun out the window, is a circlejerk of sadness"

Is supposed to mean. That's you stating they shouldn't feel fun for doing it
Topic Starter
Manfred

Yuudachi-kun wrote:

Then can you explain why "throwing any sort of fun out the window, is a circlejerk of sadness"

Is supposed to mean. That's you stating they shouldn't feel fun for doing it
I should've used a different term then "circlejerk" I didn't mean to make it sound like it included other people. I just wanted to be part of a circle jerk I guess?
PinkNightmares
Braixen-Desu
God, I feel like crap because my rank is dangerously close to a person who has played approximately 7 months less than me ;-;

Edit: And i'm guessing being younger definitely isn't an excuse