forum

Ive Only Been Playing For A Year!4

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Orbitalv1
Please Watch The Video And Tell me if there is a way i can improve?
Sensitivity is 1.9
Use a Tablet
Keyboard: Corsair Strafe RBG
Average Pass map is a 4 Star map (This is my First 6+ star map playing)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tBbOpnd-7LA

:D :) :D :) :D
NixXSkate
If you're using a tablet, sensitivity should be 1.0x and raw input should be off. If you want to use less space on your tablet, set the area you want to use with your tablet's area settings, not osu!'s sensitivity.
JigglePhysic
the video is removed?
Hiro-Senpai
How sad that the video is taken down. I would love to see how a 300pp player plays 6* map -_-
I don't even
Hibiya-chan
Sad to say but there won't be "improvement" anymore if you keep "playing more" maps that are waaaaay too impossible at your level
hayate13
300pp 6*
RIP gave me cancer
kai99
:^)
DistortionDeath

JigglePhysic wrote:

the video is removed?
yup u get rekt
JigglePhysic

DistortionDeath wrote:

JigglePhysic wrote:

the video is removed?
yup u get rekt
wow how r u here m8
DistortionDeath
yeahhhhh of cause I'm ur m8
Yuudachi-kun
Play Time: 49 hours
Nattsun

Yuudachi-kun wrote:

Play Time: 49 hours
I could do that in a week :^)
Yuudachi-kun
It seems some things never change such as people who don't actually play much over "LONG PERIOD OF TIME" claiming they have played for that long.

Hey guys did you know my 30 minutes of std in the last 11 months means I've been playing it for 2.5 years!
Nattsun

Yuudachi-kun wrote:

It seems some things never change such as people who don't actually play much over "LONG PERIOD OF TIME" claiming they have played for that long.

Hey guys did you know my 30 minutes of std in the last 11 months means I've been playing it for 2.5 years!
Some guy even accused me of cheating for that reason. It was hilarious, he claimed the exact thing you just said: "How can you be better than me when you are just playing for 3 months?!" I spent 2x more hours than him on osu!
Yuudachi-kun
Three months of osu std for me was March 2015 which means I was working my way through 5* nomod 130-160pp plays I think.

Except I played everyday for 3 hours and got fcs everyday.
Nattsun

Yuudachi-kun wrote:

Three months of osu std for me was March 2015 which means I was working my way through 5* nomod 130-160pp plays I think.

Except I played everyday for 3 hours and got fcs everyday.
Basically like me. Meh, I no RL the shit out of osu! atm, gotta farm at leas 7pp/day to achieve my "goal" before I quit w.
Yuudachi-kun
Come play 4 key and enjoy a real game.

Osu mania ranked above 3* is generally really bad but the client is okay for good unrankeds and stepmania converts
Nattsun

Yuudachi-kun wrote:

Osu mania ranked above 3* is generally really bad but the client is okay for good unrankeds and stepmania converts
I used to play stepmania as a kid, but my finger individuality is nonexistent rn. Can you even climb 4k only?
Yuudachi-kun

Cirno9 wrote:

Yuudachi-kun wrote:

I used to play stepmania as a kid, but my finger individuality is nonexistent rn. Can you even climb 4k only?
Osu pp is 100% irrelevant and entirely for show.

AA-goals, % goals, dans, etterna rating, sml rating or anything else is literally better.

Essentially, osu mania pp is just the score you get multiplied by the files star rating. There are other factors that maybe influence it by 2% at best. In order to calculate star rating, osu only looks at the density of notes. This means that files where you press [1234] in succession really fast or patterns that become dense enough you can spam [12][34] to cheese your way through have a very high star rating which means you get PP.

Because sr is such a fuck like this, I have almost no clue what anything should be rated when it comes to above 4* like this. I know some hard dumps that are high 4*; easy as fuck files with jumptrill spam that go above 6*, and really fucking hard files that are mid 5.5*. I have no clue where anything fits in this system, but I can rate them in terms of divisions or dans (Which certain sm players would probably yell at me about because they like to circlejerk against the concept of divisions).

Oh yeah, and osu mania ranked doesn't nearly have any good files to get you to a decent level or a better variety of skillsets. Loved is okay but it's obviously not expansive.

You CAN enjoy progressing through 4k with just the osu client, but you have to abaondon your idea of pp or rank meaning much and only focus on unranked files and stepmania converts. And what do you do with those? Well you get better % on them and then move on. The sad thing is is that osu only really has .75 rate and 1.5 rate in the form of ht and dt. Rates are incredibly useful in mania and having 1.1, 1.2, 1.3, 1.4 is also progression in addition to playing charts that are harder at 1.0.