forum

Daydreamer - Skyscrapers

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Incomp
This beatmap was submitted using in-game submission on Sunday, April 16, 2017 at 3:50:16 PM

Artist: Daydreamer
Title: Skyscrapers
Tags: electronic english
BPM: 115
Filesize: 26077kb
Play Time: 06:12
Difficulties Available:
  1. New Heights (4.31 stars, 1331 notes)
Download: Daydreamer - Skyscrapers
Information: Scores/Beatmap Listing
---------------

Daydreamer - Skyscrapers

A rather ambitious map. I think the song itself is inspired by Porter Robinson's work.

Daydreamer is a talented artist that has released multiple songs of high quality. This one is one of my favorites, and I wanted to share it with the osu! community, even if they might hate it (or the map).

Skyscrapers is the second track in his "Senses" EP -- an album that was well-received. Currently, however, the artist finds himself in a mental rut where he can't find the motivation to continue making music. In his own words, he feels stagnant and that he has no real source of creativity anymore. He elaborates on this by saying that his creativity is based off of his own experiences and emotions, thus his creativity is struck hard by the rather boring times he finds himself in.

I'm not trying to imply that this map will bring him out of his hole, but I am implying that this map shows that his creativity then led to my creativity now, and maybe that'll brighten up his day for just a few minutes.

New Heights - me
Storyboard - me

Changelog

SPOILER
4/3/2017 - Mapped the rest of the first chorus.
4/4/2017 - Added fancy ring highlights to the first piano bit during the first kiai time. Now I have a commitment to add fancy ring highlights to all of those piano bits.
4/16/2017 - Finished up the first version of the map and storyboard. Now, I can either try to get mods, or I can just graveyard this map and hope that someone will uncover it some day. It was a lot of work getting the map to just this point -- I'm not sure if I have the mental fortitude to make the kind of changes that mods often result in.

Modders

SPOILER
None :(
JierYagtama
hitsound volume is a little too low try patching up the volume a bit also offset sounds of try 425
and ill mod it if you fix the offset xd