forum

Streams, DT and pp

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Proxlite
I was just thinking about it and I think that stream maps should give you more pp, I could FC a simple jump map thats 1:30 4,60* and get 100pp whilest doing a stream map thats 2:38 at 4,66* gave me less even though i had about the same accuracy, and i used about 3 times as any tries to FC that.
Also: I think DT should give you less pp since not only is it more about speed then rythm, but it also reduces the lenght of the map (by 50-60% or so?) so that you could play the map more times in a shorter amount of time. I see players all the time at around my rank (including me) that has DT maps that gives more pp, is shorter and reqire less rythm then other maps, resulting is a bunch of players having their top pp maps being 30 seconds long and have a really low accuracy.
07thAn
Just to point out a few things :
-The length of a beatmap is always measured in number of objects (i recommend you read the wiki about difficulties mods and pp) , which does not change with DT.
-DT also increases the AR a lot, which is a major difficulty.

I really think it's a question of playstyle. I've around 3100pp and none of my score is made using DT, i feel it's a lot harder. I'm sure balance is a core concern for the osu! developpement team. It would be convincing if you could provide decisive statistics showing that a x* map DT is easier than a x* map nomod. Feel free to use the osu! API and make the data talk.
7ambda
I was just thinking about it and I think that stream maps should give you more pp . I could FC a simple jump map thats 1:30 4,60* and get 100pp whilest doing a stream map thats 2:38 at 4,66* gave me less even though i had about the same accuracy, and i used about 3 times as any tries to FC that. So your "solution" is to make stream maps overrated (or more overrated) along with jump maps.

ok

Also: I think DT should give you less pp since not only is it more about speed then rythm, but it also reduces the lenght of the map (by 50-60% or so?) so that you could play the map more times in a shorter amount of time. I see players all the time at around my rank (including me) that has DT maps that gives more pp, is shorter and reqire less rythm then other maps, resulting is a bunch of players having their top pp maps being 30 seconds long and have a really low accuracy. So you want to underrate DT/NC when the real problem lies in outdated pp algorithm.

ok