forum

Question about uninherited BPM changes in Taiko diffs

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Luna
Assuming I have a song with a high actual BPM but a slow feel, so I scale it down to half BPM. For the last chorus/kiai segment, I want to map on the "original"/double BPM.
Is it rankable to add a red timing line to double BPM in this case?
Leaving the "true" BPM throughout the whole song messes with drumrolls in the slower parts, using 1/8 beat divisor on the scaled-down BPM makes the faster patterns difficult to read because there are only half as many downbeat bars as there should be.
RandomJibberish
This is unrankable - use the actual BPM.

I'm pretty sure that Taiko drumrolls stay the same when you half and double the bpm, since there are cut off points where the speed of the drumroll doubles or halves, but I may be wrong. Also, couldn't a green line speed change be used to fix the readability issue?
Topic Starter
Luna
Since the only thing that changes readability here are the downbeat lines, green timing sections wouldn't help.
But I'll test the drumrolls with the actual BPM, hopefully they stay slow >_<
OzzyOzrock
No, don't double it, use a 1.5 inherit at the beginning if it's slow. Usually works. What's the BPM?
Topic Starter
Luna
I don't really get how a 1.5 inherit would help here =/
/me is confused und utterly clueless

Actual BPM is 216, but the song feels like 108.

Okay, so LittleMagic made a Taiko guest diff for me but since he doesn't like the osu! Editor, he mapped it on the TnT editor and I'm currently in the process of "translating" it to osu!
You can see the map here as a Youtube Video:

Using 108 throughout the whole song would make the last part hard to read because it's 1/8 patterns with a 4/4 downbeat signature. Using 216 for the whole song would look strange because downbeats lines would appear way too often for the slow feeling of the song~

Whatever, I'll find some kind of solution xD
OzzyOzrock
Just use an inherit, really. either x2 or 1.5

and two things
- lol why would he make it on taikojiro ._.
- the ending is horribly overmapped, and not even the good kind.

You're using SV1.4 and stuff right?
Topic Starter
Luna
Wouldn't inherits just change slider velocity?
*confused*

/E: Yeah, I know it's overmapped~ Will be changed before it's uploaded
OzzyOzrock
._.

Yes, it does, but in taiko maps it increases the scroll speed, thus making it more readable.
Topic Starter
Luna
Yeah I know that (:
I meant something different, but I failed to express it correctly xD Nevermind actually, I'll find the best way to handle this...
Sakura
Actually wouldnt it be better to use the original BPM, but use an inherited 0.5x throughout the whole thing until the last kiai?
Topic Starter
Luna
Would probably look stupid with the pulsating main menu logo and the double amount of downbeat lines, but I guess that's what I'm going to do (:
OzzyOzrock
But you're... and it's... and the...

I'm missing something, I'll understand when submitted.