forum

Ignoring Distance snap vs time gap

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Equivalent_old

Above image is my newly map: Cho-E Amputator for normal difficutly. AImod shown no distance snapping error, which should be good for a normal difficulty.

Here is some important facts:
(1,2,3,4) DS = 1.00 (1,2,3,4) DS = 1.00
(4,1) DS = 1.6

(1,2,3,4) is using 1/2 beat and 1/1 beat ( red tick and white tick, that is) and so does the next (1,2,3,4) and the gap between (4,1) is red- white- red which will is 2 time the time gap of (1,2,3,4) patterns. In this case:

If (1,2,3,4) pattern is using DS 1.00, the maximum pattern (4,1) can go is DS 2.0. I'll do know there will be modders saying inconsistency spacing and such by just looking at it. By playing it the gap 1.6 and about 1000ms time gap didn't noticed well those jump as the maximum DS did not exceeded yet.

Looking at the pattern in image, by making it consistent 1.00 DS will alter the beauty ( imo) of my pattern. So my question is should be the DS here ignored as it doesn't disturb the technical DS formula?

I want to hear some good explanation on this. Thanks,

and please;

Dont just say because it a normal and need to consistent the whole map where by DS formula here it not against the technical issues used by Osu! and The pattern is not that ugly (imo)

I hope someone understand what I wrote here >.< Please ask if you not clear
fartownik
The Distance Snap changes like in your (4,1) pattern are not a huge problem in gameplay because the 1/2 space between the beats is not enough for players to catch so small spacing change while going on the beat. If you put something like this in a hard Insane difficulty it might get problematic because the reaction time for players will get shorter. AIMod shown no error because it automatically adjusts to your current spacing value set and catch problems according to it.

Doing stuff like this without any reason IS a mapping issue and should be avoided, in all kinds of difficulties, but when you have a general purpose in spacing in your map + the spacing is natural and intuitive while playing (or you follow the symmetry patterns in the whole map) it will be just fine.

Hope I understood your question correctly~
Topic Starter
Equivalent_old
Thanks for the reply, beginning of the new combo is the starting of new lyrics/vocal and yeah, it supposed to be the reason for symmetry pattern purpose too. So I can say this is fine?

Btw:

When I'm checking the AIMod, I set the DS to 1.00 which is the major/most DS I used for the whole difficutly
Sakura
Actually the reason AIMod didnt show an error was because of the new combo, considering you're using symmetry i sure hope the rythm does follow that pattern as well, there's way too many people there that ignore the rythm for the sake of symmetry
Topic Starter
Equivalent_old
As I said previously, it is the start of new lyrics as I follow the lyircs here and it does follow the rythm in a correct way.
Shiirn
AIMod should never be consulted for any serious mapping reference except for unsnapped notes, imo.
Sakura

Shiirn wrote:

AIMod should never be consulted for any serious mapping reference except for unsnapped notes, imo.
and AIBat already checks unsnapped notes as well, so AIMod is unnecessary \o/ except... not really
Topic Starter
Equivalent_old
Still, AIbat didn't check DS. how to rely on thing that canot check what i want to see?