forum

Stonebank - Ripped to Pieces (ft. EMEL)

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
napie09
This beatmap was submitted using in-game submission on Freitag, 16. Juni 2017 at 00:32:41

Artist: Stonebank
Title: Ripped to Pieces (ft. EMEL)
BPM: 170
Filesize: 4360kb
Play Time: 04:21
Difficulties Available:
  1. Insane (5,59 stars, 920 notes)
Download: Stonebank - Ripped to Pieces (ft. EMEL)
Information: Scores/Beatmap Listing
---------------
As I said here is my map for you <3
newton-
q

nice bg, girls with glasses are cute

[insane]
  1. more of general points and stuff, apply these through the whole map
  2. i feel like the map is lacking in the aesthetics department. try arranging your objects in more easily recognizable geometric, symmetrical, or parallel patterns - including but not limited to regular polygons
  3. in general its a good idea to nc on every sv change for readability and as common practice
  4. you switch between sharp and wide flow without a pattern a lot (eg 00:18:404 (1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,1,2,3) - ), i'd recommend sticking to one kind of flow consistently
  5. 00:20:169 (3,4) - this sort of slider backtrack thing is viewed as uncomfy by lots of players, in general sliders should flow smoothly into the objects after them
  6. 00:21:757 (2,3) - this is ignoring the important sound on the blue tick, make this a double instead to better represent the music
  7. 00:01:287 (8,9,1) - i thought you were going somewhere with this but this doesnt show up anywhere else in the intro :c. redo triple as stack or similar for consistency.
  8. 00:18:757 (3,4,5) etc - this isnt easily readable since no other 3/4 gap as appeared before and this looks exactly like a 1/2 gap. make this more distinct from your other 1/2 gaps to make this readable.
  9. 00:26:875 (1,2) - kind of the same problem as the above. the previous 1/1 gaps were spaced like this too so this looks like 1/1 as well, causing people to misread. in general try to give each kind of rhythm a distinctly different spacing so players can easily recognize what sort of rhythm you're going for in any part.
  10. 00:38:169 (2,3) - some of your objects are visually too close for comfort, try spacing them out a little so they look less cramped.
  11. 00:45:757 (5) - some of your sliders (like this one) end on more important sounds than they start. it's an unwritten rule in mapping to always start sliders on stronger sounds than they end, or end them on sounds of equal power - 00:36:051 (3,4) - is a good example since they both end on powerful vocals and end on less powerful or equal sounds
watch pishifat on youtube if you haven't to have a clearer understanding of what a map that's clear and consistent with its concepts should be like

good luck!
Topic Starter
napie09

newton- wrote:

q

nice bg, girls with glasses are cute

[insane]
  1. more of general points and stuff, apply these through the whole map
  2. i feel like the map is lacking in the aesthetics department. try arranging your objects in more easily recognizable geometric, symmetrical, or parallel patterns - including but not limited to regular polygons
  3. in general its a good idea to nc on every sv change for readability and as common practice
  4. you switch between sharp and wide flow without a pattern a lot (eg 00:18:404 (1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,1,2,3) - ), i'd recommend sticking to one kind of flow consistentlychanged it a bit, I made the pattern more recognisable, but I want to stick with this kind of rigid flow if you know what I mean
  5. 00:20:169 (3,4) - this sort of slider backtrack thing is viewed as uncomfy by lots of players, in general sliders should flow smoothly into the objects after them
  6. 00:21:757 (2,3) - this is ignoring the important sound on the blue tick, make this a double instead to better represent the music changed
  7. 00:01:287 (8,9,1) - i thought you were going somewhere with this but this doesnt show up anywhere else in the intro :c. redo triple as stack or similar for consistency. 00:02:875 (1,2,3) - it does show up again, but I see what you are talking about. I didnt stick with tripels through the intro because it didnt felt right if it makes sense ._.. But it is an interesting idea to stick closer to the triples
  8. 00:18:757 (3,4,5) etc - this isnt easily readable since no other 3/4 gap as appeared before and this looks exactly like a 1/2 gap. make this more distinct from your other 1/2 gaps to make this readable.
  9. 00:26:875 (1,2) - kind of the same problem as the above. the previous 1/1 gaps were spaced like this too so this looks like 1/1 as well, causing people to misread. in general try to give each kind of rhythm a distinctly different spacing so players can easily recognize what sort of rhythm you're going for in any part.
    00:24:051 (1,2,3,1,2,3) - this is the only part where I am going for this 1/1 spacing after that I always use the same spacing for 1/2, but you are right about stronger emphazising the change
  10. 00:38:169 (2,3) - some of your objects are visually too close for comfort, try spacing them out a little so they look less cramped.
    I think this is just personal preference ._.
  11. 00:45:757 (5) - some of your sliders (like this one) end on more important sounds than they start. it's an unwritten rule in mapping to always start sliders on stronger sounds than they end, or end them on sounds of equal power - 00:36:051 (3,4) - is a good example since they both end on powerful vocals and end on less powerful or equal sounds
    you are right with this one gonna change that
watch pishifat on youtube if you haven't to have a clearer understanding of what a map that's clear and consistent with its concepts should be like

good luck!
Yes I do watch pishi's videos, but I dometimes think that it is boring to have just one or two concepts in a map and stuff so I just map how I like and how I like playing it. I guess thats why my maps are rather shitty :shrugs:

I try to look closer into your points and also try to apply it to the rest of the map. I am always a bit unsure if it is even worth to try to fix those problems because I dont even know if it could get ranked because I am to lazy to create easier difficulties