D33d
I'm just wondering who in this community:

• Knows of Google+
    Cares about Google+
    Knows what Google+ is actually used for
    Uses Google+
    Intends to use it
    Would use it over Facebook
This is effectively a G+ thread. If anybody wants invites to it, then I use it myself and can email invites to people. I'm laying the foundations for regular use of it, and so far I like it. The mandatory and intuitive use of groups makes organising my shit a lot easier and, in comparison to Facebook, the interface in general seems to be pretty usable. No complaints thus far.
mm201

D33d wrote:

• Knows of Google+ no
    Cares about Google+ no
    Knows what Google+ is actually used for no
    Uses Google+ no
    Intends to use it no
    Would use it over Facebook no
Sounds like a scam
Ijah_old
Knows of Google+ Yes
Cares about Google+ ???
Knows what Google+ is actually used for Yes
Uses Google+ Want to
Intends to use it Well of course
Would use it over Facebook Anything over that laggy shit
Hika
tl;dr
Is Google + supposed to be like a new version of Facebook or something, because I've heard of it before,
I just had no interest in it whatsoever until now, doesn't seem appealing if it's somewhat like Facebook though.
dkun

mm201 wrote:

D33d wrote:

• Knows of Google+ no
    Cares about Google+ no
    Knows what Google+ is actually used for no
    Uses Google+ no
    Intends to use it no
    Would use it over Facebook no
Sounds like a scam
I second this, plus this sounds like another "Google Buzz"

hyped up, invites, actual release = NO ONE USES
another service of google that'll probably flop on its ass
Avedas

I'd use it but I doubt it'll catch on.
Vext_old
Word on the street is it cures cancer.
boat
and gives you aids in return
Nekoroll
As much as it sounds wonderful and a good alternative to Facebook, I don't see Google+ being used among the common denominator of people who are still stuck on Facebook and aren't too quick to want to try something else out unless they're unhappy with what they're using already. It's similar to how people were stuck on Myspace for the longest time before transferring to Facebook because they realized that having neon colors, glittery photos, and obnoxious music auto-playing every time they visited a friend's profile wasn't too enjoyable. If Google+ really is the next shit, I'd still give it a while for people to stop asking "What's Google+?".

If it does take off well, I will probably grow sick of hearing people say "Hey, let me add you as a friend on my +" and "Tee hee, your photos on + are soooooo cute!".
Mashley
W-wait? You have invites? Omg I need one
awp
still got no interest in using facebook
Topic Starter
D33d

Mashley wrote:

W-wait? You have invites? Omg I need one
PM me an email address for invite sending. Sorry, but it's the only way. No, I won't use it to stalk you or whatever.

Personally, I think that G+ has a lot of potential. One thing that it's doing right is that it's using a similar layout to Facebook. This familiarity makes it pretty easy to switch from Facebook, which will be very good for even the mainstream demographic, as people'll probably be scared away from Facebook's horrible lack of privacy.

On another note, I'm quite fond of the change that it's brought upon Google's style, as I'm digging the charcoal and russet.
jjrocks
Might as well cross-post here

*gets google+ invite*
:D
*clicks link*

.......;-;
Loginer
Google must be mad if they seriously think they can compete with Steam Community.
Topic Starter
D33d

Loginer wrote:

Google must be mad if they seriously think they can compete with Steam Community.
Given their success across the board, they'd probably end up doing a gaming platform down the line. Oh man.
Firo Prochainezo
dNextGen

Firo Prochainezo wrote:

Topic Starter
D33d
It's called a field trial for a reason.
Tenshi-nyan
Is there anything Google can't do?

They can even spy in your house with Google Street. Hell.
WhoAteFred
Sure. With images from like, 4 years ago.
I got in, have no webcam to try out hangouts yet. Streams don't seem to update in realtime yet. Chat doesn't sync perfectly with gmail chat yet, generally pretty buggy with me atm. Seems to have potential, wouldn't jump all over it yet.
Mashley
Thanks a lot for the invite D33d :D
https://plus.google.com/114635276364552383887/ My profile, add me :>
Crakila
RemmyX25
I have one. What do i do with it
Mashley
Link it so we can add you! ;D
bagnz0r
I've got my friend send me invite, however it never reached my inbox. Damn Google.
jjrocks
D: You guys are making me so jealous! Someone fastforward 10 months so that way I can join.
Topic Starter
D33d

jjrocks wrote:

D: You guys are making me so jealous! Someone fastforward 10 months so that way I can join.
If it's any consolation, then Google are going to lower the age restriction when they get closer to releasing the thing.
show more