1. osu!community
  2. osu!
  3. Development

What is the reason you map anime/japanese songs?

5.38% 5
4.30% 4
4.30% 4
54.84% 51
17.20% 16
9.68% 9
4.30% 4
Total votes: 93
Please sign in to vote.
posted
I'd guess that since the song pool is already so full of anime songs, it'll atract more anime enthousiasts and thus the playerbase grows to map anime more and more. Not many people are gonna admit that it's easier to get mods for that kind of music but in my opinion this is true.

I'm not rly an anime-song enthousiast and tbh i'd love to see a bit more genre variety in the ranked section but i don't rly see things changing in the near future lol
posted
420:69 (123) - CANT YOU HEAR THE RAISE IN THE VOCALS??

cause it's pretty friendly genre to map, most anime song's can be kinda lenient in structure, and thus easier to rank.
i'm not saying that mapping anime takes no skill, but that it's a more attractive choice for mappers.

Which is probably the reason why Loved section is less dominated by that genre.
posted

BOUYAAA wrote:

I'd guess that since the song pool is already so full of anime songs, it'll atract more anime enthousiasts and thus the playerbase grows to map anime more and more. Not many people are gonna admit that it's easier to get mods for that kind of music but in my opinion this is true.

I'm not rly an anime-song enthousiast and tbh i'd love to see a bit more genre variety in the ranked section but i don't rly see things changing in the near future lol

I agree, if we leave it like this it will probably never stop / change. But perhaps something can be done later down the road.
posted
I think that the anime maps are really so much mapped in this game, and usually people don't play maps for the songs, but for the PP it gives, that's my point of view. And since the anime maps got a lot of plays because of retries, people usually maps anime song for having a lot of plays, and not for fun. I don't know if this answer to the question D: but that's my conclusion o:
posted
scuttlebug is english
posted
Japanese music is pretty much spreaded with the anime in general (I guess)
Also they are really popular from what we can see here (Ignite/tatoe and the other generic songs!)

I guess people just map the songs they liked from an anime and that's probably why many people inspired from watchin anime to map an opening/ending
posted
Artists like Camellia, yuki., xi, and t+pazolite are perfect for rhythm games.
posted
idk tbh
posted

pkhg wrote:

idk tbh
posted

F1r3tar wrote:

Artists like Camellia, yuki., xi, and t+pazolite are perfect for rhythm games.

By Japanese I meant the language spoken in the song, not the origin of the producer. xi only makes instrumentals as far as I know.
posted
well anime songs are the same as any other song but theyre in japanese and used on a anime
its like picking a local band to make a intro song for a random cartoon or something
maybe anime is just more appealing as well as the songs for most osu players idk
posted
Because of the community.
Since the start, it always leans toward the japanese culture. Even the game is based off a japanese game. Even the first ever ranked beatmap is a Japanese song. https://osu.ppy.sh/s/1

People like me, who didn't actually know much about japan, started to take interest in Japanese stuff because they are exposed to those things everytime they open osu. And since the anime/otaku culture is the surface of this, of course there will be many people who map anime stuff.
posted
B/c 4/4 is the easiest to map towards. Not only that but most anime music is basically straight 8th-note pop or rock grooves, either half-time, double-time or regular time.

Also other rhythm genres such as samba, shuffles, swing, second line, etc. are not as popular within the community, thus harder to gain appreciation towards it and consequently harder to develop a mapper base.

As for rhythm inspiration, I'd check this video out.

posted
japanese > edm
more like yunomi i think it's good
posted
I just go on whether a song sounds good or not, regardless of language. Even if the language is made up, if it sounds nice I'll take it.