forum

A quick note about multiple accounts

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
peppy
The use of multiple accounts is not tolerated on osu!. I guess this has not been made very clear until now, but this is the case. Using multiple accounts means anyone is able to bypass restrictions placed in order to keep the community working in an orderly fashion.

I am planning on running a database-wide check on multi-accounting and take appropriate action. If you believe you have multiple accounts with special conditions/reasons for doing so, please contact me ASAP so avoid deletion. Note that cases will be investigated first - so if you are sharing IP with other people, don't worry too much. We will ask before taking action.
awp
Free Saturnos!
aquabluu
The users aquabluu and CRAZ1 share the same comp, but have different accounts~
Course, CRAZ doesn't play anymore :P
EDIT: To elaborate, CRAZ1 is not me, he's just a relative of me
chy
i think this action can be effectively keep fair of osu!

though I have an another account named keyskira,I seldom use it.
if needed,i can give up that account.
Gemi
Not sure what you base this search on so: Me and kms play from the same IP, though not from the same computer, and she doesn't use the test build like I do.
Winterfaust
i play on Osu! with my sister on the same computer but with different IP because we have two accounts on the pc, is this a problem ?
ash
my little brother uses the account "KFT"

it'll probably show up on your radar
RemmyX25
you guys might think i've been crazy, but me, (RemmyX25), ProtoAlex, and PeriMatt are all three separate brothers sharing who used to share one computer. Now that I have my laptop, Proto and Peri share the vista downstairs.
Saturos
This map has been deleted on the request of its creator. It is no longer available.
Drezus
Me and the user Guma shares the same PC/IP, too. he's my cousin and I don't think he ever installed Osu at his own PC because he can't, so he only plays (or played, since he don't play anymore) here in my comp.
fdtoonsman
Just a note:
I don't have any extra accounts, but my sister is going to be joining soon and she has the same IP address as I do, so if you notice a new account popping up with my same IP, you'll know why.
Remco32
This map has been deleted on the request of its creator. It is no longer available.
ThePassingShadow
I was considering making a new account for playing extremely hard beatmaps without worrying about accuracy.

Thank you for making it clear that this is not tolerated.
Pokebis
Just to let you know the account Ewanzhouse was created on the same IP as my account, but we are not the same person. But you can still delete it for a lulzy affect if you want, just not mine (Pokebis).
xerxes_oli
my sister will also be joining osu later so ya oh and my little brother join he is sergio we all share the same comp.
HollowDream_old
One of my friends made an account on my comp and he started playing on mine because he cant play on his comp(its old) so he comes over and plays on mine is that ok? He made the account name KumaKuma so ya dont delete it plz or mine either.
YoshiKart
"MonkeyMagic74" is my cousin's account. But he's now in HK and has no computer there. ._.

So, you can just deactivate that account if you want to.
Xiao_old
Just wondering, exactly what repercussions would come around as a result of multi-accounting? I don't see much of a problem, other than top tier players stuffing the top 100 with alts.

I'm assuming they have better things to do.
awp

Xiaounlimited wrote:

Just wondering, exactly what repercussions would come around as a result of multi-accounting?
iirc, account deletion and with enough persistence IP ban. Having multiple accounts also lets people do shit like obscure statistics, confuse both public and staff members, and effectively increases your beatmap submission quota. And that's what we call a "dick move".
Topic Starter
peppy

awp wrote:

and effectively increases your beatmap submission quota
^my main problem.
show more