forum

How Long Do You Take To Warm Up?

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Manfred
Aye all, how are you? I'm fine thanks for asking. Just as the title says, how long on average do you think you take to warm up to play at your best? Other than playing https://osu.ppy.sh/b/863850 do you have maps that you play to warm up your playing capabilities better then others? K thx

Here's me attempting a 6* map
https://imgur-archive.ppy.sh/bYrJVOy.gif
kai99
Hrm, hard question.
I think it takes me from 30 minutes to an hour and a half. My playing is best at around an hour and a half and plateaus / slowly falls after that.
Nowadays I'm grinding 3.5-3.7* maps so I warm up somewhere around that number, whatever comes up first lol tbh

When I warm up I find longer songs than what I want (something around 3 mins wow such a long song) and don't really try to fc them. After I've warmed up, I go for FCs...

gl with that 6* lol hope you get through
-Makishima S-
Depends if 100k pleb in multi put bik blak garbage or some quality 5* maps.
Jukkii
an hour
Topic Starter
Manfred
What about having your pen holding hand falling asleep? I've looked around and people complain about pain and such but mine just goes to sleep like if you rest your leg in a weird position for too long. If you've seen Rohulks video about how he holds his pen I hold mine very similar to that, so I don't think I'm holding it particularly wrong or anything.

Video in question
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=icda7LVPm9Y
N0thingSpecial
Idk I just start setting random 200pp plays 15 minutes in without doing anything special
I Give Up
idk how some people take 10 years to warm up. for me its about 5-10 minutes. i just play maps that i normally play and wait for accuracy to kick in.
NixXSkate
Depends how fast I'm trying to warm up, casually warming up is a half hour to an hour, but I can speed it up. I feel like I have to warm up aim, singletap, and streams individually, but usually I warm up for streams fast if my singletap is warmed up.
Nattsun
My aim sucks really hard when I'm not warmed up, usually takes an hour to be fully warmed up. I just play some random maps from 4-4.5* (pick a starrange that is ezpz for you), and then I'll play a map with some burst streams and I'm warmed up. Most of the time I just continue playing everything from 4-5* until I feel my aim and streaming is on point, then I either move up to 4.5-5* maps, practice streaming or go for PP (4.9-5.5* maps).
Emotions_old_1
I don't usually "warm up". I open osu! and then I play the song I want to FC. [ofc, I don't do it at 1st try]
Topic Starter
Manfred
Not only is aiming something I have to warm up to, but I have to be hopped up on some sort of caffeine or just be full of energy to bother with rapid 120bpm or 240bpm maps of any kind. My comfort zone is 180bpm right now, I try to mix in 240bpm to improve my speed it just really shows when I can get 95% on a 5.6* map at 180bpm and have trouble on a 4.6* 190-210bpm map. I sort by BPM and difficulty if you haven't noticed, not sure what the norm is.

My first attempt at USAO Dynamite (Extended Mix) [Twerk]
Kunino Sagiri
Just play some of those back and forth copy paste jump map #6249147 and you're already warmed up.
Hibiya-chan

-Jukke- wrote:

an hour
Runiel
I play DT maps with a lot of singletaps for warming up my fingers
And the rest just random maps that are higher than my current level
Usually takes like 5-20 minutes
Deva
Quit while you still can
Attenox
About 1 hour