forum

Should I switch to tablet or stick with mouse?

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
AzzyGK
I've been playing osu! for a month now, and that whole period was with mouse & keyboard. Although, my friends keep praising about using the overrated tablet to play the game. They want me to start using it aswell. Question is - will using a tablet give me an advantage when it comes to more difficult maps? Thanks for any responses.
KingBranBran
I have been using mouse for 2 years and I won't be switching to tablet. Since you have only been using the mouse for a month, you could switch. If you get passed 100k with a mouse, you should stay with a mouse.
Roricon
There is no need to buy a tablet and if you want to buy one try one first. I also bought a tablet within the first few months i started playing and ended up selling it because i find mouse more comfortable. Now I've been playing with mouse for 4 years and I've never felt that it's holding me back.
Sandy Hoey
Ask one of your friends of you can borrow theirs for a week or something, just to see if you actually like it. The same think that happened to tomden happened to me. I bought a tablet, although I bought a cheap one because I wasn't sure if I would like it, and I never use it now.
N0thingSpecial
if you have extra money go ahead

I'm personally against it simply because it's retarded to buy a tablet for osu, unless you already do shit like photoshop.
dsavant
As someone new who uses a tablet: only buy one if that's how you want to play, not because you think it'll make you better (it won't).
Fritz
I started playing with a mouse for about a week, then I purchased a tablet.

I got very good with the tablet, but eventually went back to mouse.

I am now better with mouse than I ever was with the tablet.

Whatever play-style you prefer is what you should go with. If you are currently comfortable with the mouse, don't drop money on a tablet.
Buster
why spend your money on gadgets and gizmo's when you can improve your skill with mouse
I Give Up
study the game and how mouse really works. then work hard and progress through the game. completely crush all your tablet playing friends in multi and outrank them. then make a name for yourself in ur country or maybe the world.

or buy a tablet?
Kyrari
I feel like we need a tablet player in this thread :thinking:
dung eater
Tablet is fine for playing 2d games. You could get a touchscreen if you want to have the easiest time with aim.
JeromeTT
If you plan to play for a long time, then a tablet could be useful in the long run. Or you could just stick with mouse and spend your tablet money on chicken nuggets.
Disillusionz
If you can find a good one that isn't too expensive (they don't have to be a Wacom) and you have the option to return it, I don't see why you wouldn't try if you feel like you want to. Only YOU can tell if you're going to like it better than a mouse or not.

N0thingSpecial wrote:

I'm personally against it simply because it's retarded to buy a tablet for osu, unless you already do shit like photoshop.

Not any more retarded than spending money on any other game in existence. Osu! is F2P after all.
Fritz

VanillaSandvich wrote:

I feel like we need a tablet player in this thread :thinking:
I stated I was a tablet player for a while, but switched back to mouse :D
Nattsun

N0thingSpecial wrote:

Because spending 30€ on a game where you spend thousands/hundrets of hours is stupid :^)

In the best case you can borrow a tablet of your friends and they set it up for you. If you like playing like that and enjoy it more than playing with mouse go ahead, if not stick to mouse. I bought a tablet for the sake of trying it and it wasn't worth it at all, the praised tablet that is "better" than the mouse lmao.

Mouse players usually get more respect, if you like the bonus attention stick to mouse. Mouse ain't harder than tablet, people just hit a wall and sell their souls to Wacom and Huion.
LEMEME123
Edgy kids like me don't use tablet. Mouse ftw
Deva
Quit while you still can
Vullifer

Roricon wrote:

There is no need to buy a tablet and if you want to buy one try one first. I also bought a tablet within the first few months i started playing and ended up selling it because i find mouse more comfortable. Now I've been playing with mouse for 4 years and I've never felt that it's holding me back.
Dude, how the hell do you aim with mouse? Im on 4 star maps and Im thinking its time for me to get a tablet because mouse is hard to aim with. Super hard to move fast and accurately, it prevents me from getting traction into 4 stars.
HaonJ

DigitalRealm wrote:

Roricon wrote:

Dude, how the hell do you aim with mouse? Im on 4 star maps and Im thinking its time for me to get a tablet because mouse is hard to aim with. Super hard to move fast and accurately, it prevents me from getting traction into 4 stars.
please avoid necro posting, this thread is 4 years old. if needed just make a new one. there are plenty of top mouse players, its not impposible to play with mouse but it is objectivly easier to play with tablet. if you think you might be skillcapped using mouse you could buy a tablet which is what i did. some tips with mouse is maybe try using a diffrent sens, make sure you dont have any mouse accel.