forum

Ayane - Azurite no Hitsugi

posted
Total Posts
show more
Shiirn
Streams of this BPM are not as intense or emphatic as you may think they are, Desperate. There are many, many maps out there based on long, low-170bpm streams that are not considered difficult or overly crazy at all, especially with as many sliders scattered throughout as this map has.

I agree that the 8-note shorter snap stream as an introduction is a mistake, but more due to the fact that it doesn't separate the rhythm of the section from the actual cascade of chimes that the first 8 notes are theoretically following.

This song has the fairly interesting aspect of having the most musically intense portion of the track not actually in the chorus, and as such it will naturally come out differently than people might be used to.

Personally, the main issue with the stream is purely that there are multiple chimes that are not 1/4 sliders which feels inconsistent, but makes sense rhythmically so whatever, fuck it.
Kaifin
insane

01:05:725 (4) - not snapped

i mean there is also the fact that there is a 16 note stream overtop of plain 1/2 rhythm at 01:33:471 (1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8) - in the top diff which i think should be enough for dq on it's own but to each their own
Topic Starter
I Must Decrease
oo how did that get past. requesting DQ.
Cryptic
DQ'd upon request by mapset owner.
Topic Starter
I Must Decrease
I've gone over the issues that people had with the extra. If you have any more comments pentori / desperate, feel free to say them. I did end up changing the stream in the chorus to a more suitable pattern that fits the music.
Myxo

Shiirn wrote:

This song has the fairly interesting aspect of having the most musically intense portion of the track not actually in the chorus, and as such it will naturally come out differently than people might be used to.
This point is what I disagree with, hence why I pointed it out. To me, the stream section doesn't feel nearly as intense in the song than the chorus does. But I'll accept this anyway.

The one thing I still think is bad is the transition with the small spaced stream. If you want it to be consistent with 1:45 you could change both of them to be sliders, but as it is right now, the transition is already a huge increase in tapping from the previous section, which then just continues on throughout more than a measure. Just because it's a high difficulty level doesn't mean that you don't need to introduce players to concepts properly and switching from a calm section to a longstream is certainly a change that needs a proper introduction.
Topic Starter
I Must Decrease
talked to pentori as well. Should be all good for rebubble now :^)
Karen
so we are good now
rebubbled
Lasse
the legs are still tilting me
Topic Starter
I Must Decrease
dq to reset rating pls xd

edit: DQ to make change to make stream more intuitive (fucking mao)
Mao
done on request
Lasse
done on request
DeletedUser_3638005
done on request
puxtu
done on request
Djulus
done on request
Karen
done on request
pw384
done on request
Lasse
done on request
Battle
your previous heart was as broken as the girl's leg tbh
KaedekaShizuru
How did this boring map got ranked with a wrong BPM ????