forum

Renka - (Nohr Version) One's Thoughts

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
BlooAnarchy
This map has been deleted on the request of its creator. It is no longer available.
RealRinkashime
Hey BlueFoxHunter (Take this as constructive criticism from someone who doesn't have much experience mapping), I would say that the Easy and the Hard difficulty are really good, but the first ten or so circles/sliders on the Hard difficulty could do with a small bit of tweaking. The Normal one is fine as it is (I think). In the Easy difficulty, the very first click is slightly early, try to work on that. I think Insane is the same as Normal in my eyes. I think you are doing great, you succesfully made some decent beatmaps (I couldn't because I gave up first day.), although one problem with them all is that it is a bit short, but that doesn't halt it one bit, just makes me sad that I can't listen to more Fire Emblem music :lol: . Thanks for your time, and enjoy your day!
Topic Starter
BlooAnarchy

RealRinkashime wrote:

Hey BlueFoxHunter (Take this as constructive criticism from someone who doesn't have much experience mapping), I would say that the Easy and the Hard difficulty are really good, but the first ten or so circles/sliders on the Hard difficulty could do with a small bit of tweaking. The Normal one is fine as it is (I think). In the Easy difficulty, the very first click is slightly early, try to work on that. I think Insane is the same as Normal in my eyes. I think you are doing great, you succesfully made some decent beatmaps (I couldn't because I gave up first day.), although one problem with them all is that it is a bit short, but that doesn't halt it one bit, just makes me sad that I can't listen to more Fire Emblem music :lol: . Thanks for your time, and enjoy your day!

Aw, Thanks! I recently got into beatmapping because there was songs that I LOVE! ( like this one.) But, no one had made any maps for them.
So, i decided to start mapping lol. I'll try to fix the problems you said about some of the difficulties of the map. I knew that the Hard difficulty had problems but I didn't really take them into consideration (idk why. And I made this map short cause I was lazy to do a 3 minute long beatmap. :| :| probably when I'm more experienced with mapping I'll make a longer map. BUT ANWAYS THANKS FOR THE TIP! I'LL SEE WHAT I CAN DO <3

THERE REALLY ISN'T THAT MUCH FIRE EMBLEM BEATMAPS OUT THERE :( :( (I wish there were more, since i like the songs from the games.)
Topic Starter
BlooAnarchy

BlueFoxHunter wrote:

RealRinkashime wrote:

Hi RealRinkashime! Thanks for the compliment! I'll try to fix the problems you said about some of the difficulties of the map. I knew that the Hard difficulty had problems but I didn't really take them into consideration (idk why). I made this map short because I was lazy to do a 3 minute long beatmap. :? lol. But, probably when I'm more experienced with mapping I'll make a longer map. BUT ANWAYS THANKS FOR THE TIP! I'LL SEE WHAT I CAN DO <3

THERE REALLY ISN'T THAT MUCH FIRE EMBLEM BEATMAPS OUT THERE :( :( (I wish there were more, since i like the songs from the games.)
Lux Lux
Hello there! Total beginner modder/mapper here and decided to try out modding/mapping. I wanted to start with something easy to mod. ^^

I've found some clear issues with this map, so I guess I'll help out a bit! ;)

The most notable thing I found is the timing. If you are having some trouble with timing on any map, you may visit https://osu.ppy.sh/forum/t/13795, and someone may help you out.
For this map, I've found that 115bpm at a 949ms offset works.

(image just an excuse to try the text editor out, as this is my first time xD)

By having set good timing on a map, placing objects gets a lot easier and you don't have to rely on 1/16 beat snapping to "approximately" match the sounds.

You don't have a preview point. You may set one by choosing a time (in the editor), and then using "Timing"->"Set Current Position as Preview Point".

These maps are about 44 seconds long, while the song is longer than 3 minutes. While having a short map isn't a bad thing, you can crop the mp3 file in order to reduce file size.

Also, you should check AiMod (File->AiMod, or Ctrl+Shift+A) for more problems, since it can really help sometimes. It shows, for example, if any objects aren't snapped.

Lastly, don't give up on mapping easily! Seek to improve (that's what I'm aiming for too), and eventually you'll be making longer maps with ease and laziness won't stop you.

I hope I helped a bit. Have a nice day! :P
Topic Starter
BlooAnarchy

Lux Lux wrote:

Hello there! Total beginner modder/mapper here and decided to try out modding/mapping. I wanted to start with something easy to mod. ^^
I've found some clear issues with this map, so I guess I'll help out a bit! ;)
The most notable thing I found is the timing. If you are having some trouble with timing on any map, you may visit https://osu.ppy.sh/forum/t/13795, and someone may help you out.
For this map, I've found that 115bpm at a 949ms offset works.

(image just an excuse to try the text editor out, as this is my first time xD)
By having set good timing on a map, placing objects gets a lot easier and you don't have to rely on 1/16 beat snapping to "approximately" match the sounds.
You don't have a preview point. You may set one by choosing a time (in the editor), and then using "Timing"->"Set Current Position as Preview Point".
These maps are about 44 seconds long, while the song is longer than 3 minutes. While having a short map isn't a bad thing, you can crop the mp3 file in order to reduce file size.
Also, you should check AiMod (File->AiMod, or Ctrl+Shift+A) for more problems, since it can really help sometimes. It shows, for example, if any objects aren't snapped.
Lastly, don't give up on mapping easily! Seek to improve (that's what I'm aiming for too), and eventually you'll be making longer maps with ease and laziness won't stop you.
I hope I helped a bit. Have a nice day! :P

KK THANKS FOR THE TIP!!