forum

How to keep a consistent pen grip

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Mashirasou
While I'm playing osu I'll start out in a map holding the pen one way, but throughout the song I'll end up slowing changing how I hold the pen, and it ends up screwing me over, and suggestions on how to keep the grip from sliding? (Don't say "Just hold your pen tighter" or other dumb/sarcastic things, legitimately looking for suggestions.)
gooder101
i have the same problem but when i realize my pen is sliding i just adjust it during the map so you could just do that if you can't well then buy some rubber bands or bandage and get it on the pen and that's all there is to it.
kai99
oh god I had the exact same problem but with mouse.
It's a form of choking. I duuno if I ever got over it (because I switched to trackpad) but I guess.. you'll have to play more..?
Sayorie

gooder101 wrote:

i have the same problem but when i realize my pen is sliding i just adjust it during the map so you could just do that if you can't well then buy some rubber bands or bandage and get it on the pen and that's all there is to it.
doesn't work for me

Also I think it's a form of mannerism, like how I unconsciously change grip and rotate the pen and feel unusual when I touch the pen buttons and I fidget a lot and fuck my tics I can't FC anything jesus christ
I Give Up

kai99 wrote:

oh god I had the exact same problem but with mouse.
It's a form of choking. I duuno if I ever got over it (because I switched to trackpad) but I guess.. you'll have to play more..?
You have a choice.
1. Fight it every time your grip starts to change. or,
2. Adapt and let your grip change over time and apply that new grip at the start of every map from then on till it changes again.

I used to run with #1 first, then after a while realising that the cptnXn grip was not working for me, I went with #2.
thr1ve
Put rubber bands around your pen to avoid sliding it off your fingers. Rohulk did it, so can you. :)