forum

osu! (OS X) beta release

posted
Total Posts
show more
Gulzt
Wow, been wanting this so badly! When I registered in 2010 I tried experimenting with running some windows/boot stuff (wine?!) Never got it to work, and now it does, Awesome!!!!
Thanks so much for making this!
Johnny [OTK]
There isn't an online right because if there is can someone help me if there isn't than when will it be coming?
Topic Starter
peppy
Please try re-reading the thread.
needmofun
do i have to install boot camp to be able to open osu! on my mac? cause now i don't have bootcamp, and everytime i click osu!, the icon just jumps once, stops and it never opens-_- please help?!?!?! :cry:
xemnas9110

needmofun wrote:

do i have to install boot camp to be able to open osu! on my mac? cause now i don't have bootcamp, and everytime i click osu!, the icon just jumps once, stops and it never opens-_- please help?!?!?! :cry:

i don't know what you mean by bootcamp, but having x11 or xquartz so i've heard needs to be up when playing the game. and are you sure you don't have test build clicked by accident that can mess it up and if you go to settings and try to change some of the settings like fullscreen or mouse sensitivity that can mess you up. the only thing you can change is the special effects
[deleted user]
sweet now i can try Osu on my buddys mac :3
Saint Nick

needmofun wrote:

You do not need boot camp. This version of osu! runs through Wine and X11.

When you download osu!, make sure it's in a place like Desktop or Applications. If you have it in any folder that has a space in it's name (Example: Shadow's stuff), osu! will not run. Once you have in in a good place, open it. It'll take a few minutes to load, so be patient.
It osu! still closes, open console.app (Found in /application/utilities) and then open osu! again. Copy and paste the error message that comes up.
[deleted user]
Hey I try and open "Show Package context," but I don't get the songs option. What do I do?
xemnas9110
go to contents then resources then wineprefix, then drive c then osu then to songs then you just drag the song file to the song folder open osu and refresh it
ramhdi
thanks peppy, but, please fix the online rankings and bancho connections.
xemnas9110
like he said he doesn't have it up yet and he's working on it but it is available on the test build to osu supporter tag members
AsgardWef
Waaaa!! I need it to work faster online ... for now I'm a mac and I have pc with windows so I'm needed to play on Mac. T-T
yx19950725
留一爪子再走
AsgardWef
-_-' R u kidding me?
Topic Starter
peppy
No, no-one is kidding you.
zarahi77
i could open osu and also import the songs but when i was playing it it was too slow! like if i had lag which is not possible because i cannot play online with mac so i went to option and there was an option of using another type of screen resolution and i changed it, it asked me to restart osu! which i did and know it won't open :S!
xemnas9110

zarahi77 wrote:

i could open osu and also import the songs but when i was playing it it was too slow! like if i had lag which is not possible because i cannot play online with mac so i went to option and there was an option of using another type of screen resolution and i changed it, it asked me to restart osu! which i did and know it won't open :S!
well i don't know and yeah it will be laggy, b ut catch the beat and taiko isn't so just bear witht those for the moment and you might just have to redownload it to play it again
Topic Starter
peppy
Supports score submission on public builds: http://dl.dropbox.com/u/16332218/osu%21.app.zip
Adding new maps still means hitting F5 a few times, else they won't display.
Frankiescou
This works wonderfully, you can even see scores now. Thanks peppy, you've made this awesome game available to more people now.
Amoxici0
Long time since I played online.. Thank you ppy :)
How
Works nicely. Now I can play osu! from mac without using bootcamp! (well still I will go windows and play thou.)
Nice job peppy.
Topic Starter
peppy
Glad to hear success stories :D.
How
Well I found the bug, but this might not the big problem.
After I can access online from mac OSX, I tried to chat with my friend.
There is no problem in English but when I use Korean, the typing doesn't work properly. TNX.
(Comparison of same typing from me & my friend.)
lepidopodus
@^: Yeah that is one of the reason I don't use OS X ver. of osu! anymore... Cannot type Korean letters properly.
TimeWalker
Amazing! It works almost perfectly on my Mac.
Just the FPS drops are a lot higher when using effects than on Windows. Also the offset is a bit weird, so I had to change that in the options.
But else, great work!
emergist
It's so wonderful.
Mesita
works great.
tested it in a macbook white @ 200/300 fps.
blueberry1004
Works great, and faster than I expected, too. Thank you so much! :)
shegy415
Hello to everyone. I just downloaded osu! (great game by the way) and i thought of sharing on installing osu and beatmaps the easy way or the most easy way at least for me. here it goes.

1 download osu! zip file from the downloads link.
2 extract the contents from the zip file and drop the osu! app on your desired destination. run (double click) osu! to start. osu should be running after patching etc. and will ask you to enter the user name and password. there it is osu! is installed.

Now to instal beatmaps I found it easier to just do the following.
download a beatmap form the beatmaps section. if downloaded using safari look for it on the downloads folder. once the file is located hold and drag it to the osu! icon (pink round osu!) this action will launch osu! and there you have it the new beatmap should be in the playlist. if not hit f5 key to refresh the playlist. note... make use to keep the original file extension osz. when dragging.

if you will still like to do it the explorer style follow the following.
right click on the osu! icon and choose show package contents click on it. next double click on the contents folder.
next double click resources folder next double click on the dosdevices folder. next double click on the c/ next osu! next and finally the songs folder.

hope it works as it did for me :D
Topic Starter
peppy
I didn't realise it correctly handles dragging new maps onto the icon. This is interesting.
lepidopodus
Uhh, it's kinda hard to map like this, cannot edit timing sections.
I guess this is known issue already?

(Well and those hidden menus...)

EDIT: Whoops, puush account vanished, so screenshot also vanished.

EDIT2: puush fixed.
_eNTiTy__old
When i change my mouse sensitivity higher or lower than 1.0 it makes my pointer stutter until i put it back. Happens with my Deathadder and just the trackpad on my macbook. Anyone have any suggestions or ideas i can try to fix this?
Topic Starter
peppy
For the moment you will need to adjust your sensitivity in os x (or using the DPI selection on your mouse).
Jeg_old
There is spikes (about 0.2 seconds every 2-3 seconds) when i play it :( And it is just horrible when you play a game like osu. :( I want to play! :cry:

Use hackintosh on intel core 2 duo

And one additional thing - when i pick OpenGL support instead of DirectX app crashes and did not start again! Help!
Topic Starter
peppy
I can't offer support for non-apple hardware due to the unstable nature of drivers on OS X. Please use windows.
gyorin
hideyukikarei
I tried using this with my macbook pro but when I added the .osz files into the "songs" folder, the songs didn't appear on the songs list.... :cry: I'm not sure if this is related to this problem but, the "drive_c" file is placed inside the "Resources" folder, and the "wineprefix" folder doesn't exist at all.... Any solutions?
Miiouy
The mouse sensitivity bugs the mouse if increased :x
Except that, works fine here
Pickoloh
Is it possible to open MP3 files to create beat maps? How?

I've also encountered an error when I want to switch from fullscreen to window mode. The screen goes beige. Here is the screenshot.

http://pickoloh.deviantart.com/art/Scre ... -312167093

I've tried restarting osu, but it just reverts back to fullscreen and the same thing happens when I try to change it again.
Katze
Previously I had no problems with osu! on my Mac, but now the cursor freezes very often, and the game starts lagging.
No other programs are opened in the back, only osu!. I already use "low end pc". Is there a solution or not?
show more