forum

Minimal (All modes, HD/SD)

posted
Total Posts
show more
Topic Starter
Geroyuni

eps0003 wrote:

Is it just me or does the glow for the mode symbol look slightly unaligned to the left?

Also, could you make some mania sprites which work with flashlight as a customisation. I am unable to see the full healthbar and the hit accuracy dots. The best way to make it work is to shorten the scoreboard height and move the acc dots down and to the side so both are fully visible. The only bad thing about this is that the healthbar would look bad in other gamemmodes, but this is also the case with the standard playfield square customisation while playing mania.
Funnily enough, the misalignment you pointed out is actually osu!'s fault. That misalignment is a result of the image being placed incorrectly by the developers, meaning that, to fix this, I would have to intentionally misalign the icon in mode-X-small.png so it would look correct ingame. This also means the icon is also slightly misaligned in the default skin.

You can see more of these misalignments by the developers in the multiplayer UI, such as in the player list in the ranking screen and the horrible looking party ranking screen. The problem with these 2 is that I can't even fix them because the misaligned files are also used somewhere else (fixing it in one area will misalign it in another area). As for the mode icon, that will be fixed in the next version, I already knew about that one ; )

About the osu!mania flashlight customization, as far as I'm aware, the healthbar can't be shortened in the way that it is needed in order to be fully visible for flashlight. As for the hit images, that would be as simple as using a different number in ScorePosition: number over at skin.ini's mania section (for each key count). I did a quick test and it seems that something between 200 and 260 may be what you're looking for (200 slightly visible in the top, 230 in the very middle, 260 slightly visible in the bottom) you may try that out by yourself if you want to.

I have been getting more busy recently because of school but I'll try to release something this week or next week. Thanks for the feedback and suggestions
Topic Starter
Geroyuni
Released the minor 1.3 update, changelog and download link in the main post.
oh yeah, and mania note and key color customization is released.
szmak01
Great skin i love it!

Is it possible to change the color of the circles to pink and blue ?

Same as here:
Fatal3ty

MIKEWar wrote:

Great skin i love it!

Same as here:
You can change this colors with per skin.ini

Open this Skin.ini with notepad and change this:

[Colours]
Combo1: R,G,B
Combo2: R,G,B
... max. Combo8

R,G,B for colours your like (example 255,255,255 for white)

Pick your colour under: http://www.rapidtables.com/web/color/RGB_Color.htm
szmak01
I will try !
Thanks!
Topic Starter
Geroyuni

Fatal3ty wrote:

MIKEWar wrote:

Great skin i love it!

Same as here:
(image)
You can change this colors with per skin.ini

Open this Skin.ini with notepad and change this:

[Colours]
Combo1: R,G,B
Combo2: R,G,B
... max. Combo8

R,G,B for colours your like (example 255,255,255 for white)

Pick your colour under: http://www.rapidtables.com/web/color/RGB_Color.htm
Might I also add that these colors are from a beatmap I was playing (can't remember which); the colors were not added manually. I always play with "Ignore all beatmap skins" disabled because each map introduces their own combo colors and adds a bit of variety to the skin for each map that I just can't do myself with the tools currently available for skin creators.

I didn't expect so many people to have the setting enabled, and I even find the default combo color in my skin quite boring. I'll do something about that in the next/last update.
Aythen
a
Topic Starter
Geroyuni

Itacz wrote:

What about other circles sliderb sliderfollowcircle?

I'm unsure about what you are referring to specifically, are you talking about their color being just white?
Ethan
This is my new skin tbh this is great
Jordan
Amazing skin!
TunaSub
great skin!! not using it for gameplay tho
D1mka[HF]
Nice skin bro, thanks! ;)
Crusty21
can any one tell me what the name of the main font in this skin?
WittyKitty
I'm editing all the text on this skin to be in japanese, when it's done should I send it over? I think it might be a nice addition to the skin.
Topic Starter
Geroyuni

AGamerzDemize wrote:

I'm editing all the text on this skin to be in japanese, when it's done should I send it over? I think it might be a nice addition to the skin.
Sure. I'll add it onto the customization pack with credits.
ababa
mania-note-png resolution is quite a lot bigger compared to Minimal 1.2 don't you think? :)

(hint: it was 1x3 before, quite minimalistic)
Topic Starter
Geroyuni

IceDynamix wrote:

mania-note-png resolution is quite a lot bigger compared to Minimal 1.2 don't you think? :)

(hint: it was 1x3 before, quite minimalistic)
Yeah, good catch. The reason for this change was that the extremely small resolution would break the note's position in stable fallback, so I had to increase it a little.
mengass
Hello!
Could you update the download link, please?)
Players which lives in Russia, can't download that skin, because of our goverment blocked that domen which you use to download skin(
ABD007

mengass wrote:

Hello!
Players which lives in Russia, can't download that skin, because of our goverment blocked that domen which you use to download skin(
Can you open the mega one ? I'll upload it for you :)
mengass

Kyousukee wrote:

mengass wrote:

Hello!

Can you open the mega one ? I'll upload it for you :)

Can you send me link, please?)
NAGATEI
coredem
I just wanted to say - Thank You. Just switching to this skin increased my performance. Not sure if that's an indicator of how good this skin is or how bad i am though ;-;
Drake2202
Yo, nice skin mano
Topic Starter
Geroyuni

mengass wrote:

Hello!

Does this link work? (this is 1.4 Final by the way, I'm still updating the main post to the final version)

Thanks to everyone else, I'm glad you all like the skin
_kanekichigo_
I love it! My only thing is, I think the arrows that show if the sliders bounce back are kinda small.
VenomThor2
could you make the circle dispear instantly (basiclly the circle overlay and the dots go as default-0,default-1 etc...
Topic Starter
Geroyuni

VenomThor2 wrote:

could you make the circle dispear instantly (basiclly the circle overlay and the dots go as default-0,default-1 etc...

there's already a customization for that, check the main post (Main stuff > Customization)
VenomThor2

Geroyuni wrote:

VenomThor2 wrote:

there's already a customization for that, check the main post (Main stuff > Customization)

oh dint know thanks
Ladder0311

Geroyuni wrote:

Minimal gets its name from looking like a pretty clean minimal skin compared to your usual osu! skin. It also gets that name because I’m not good at naming things. At first I didn’t have any plans to share this skin and I had made it only for myself, but it ended up looking nice and I figured other people would've liked the skin as well.

Main stuff:
Customization
Download (ZIP, 1MB)
List of the 8 customizations below (click links to see how it looks)

General:
-Cursor colors (8 choices, PSD included)
-Stable fallback fix

osu!standard:
-Followpoint
-Disabled fading (when hitting circles)
-Playfield border
-Numbered hitcircles (not recommended, to use only if you can't live without numbers)

osu!mania:
-Note and key colors (8 choices, PSD included)

osu!taiko:
-Slider tick

Changelog
Minimal 1.4 Final - Update changelog
This final update contains some small changes to wrap things up. As I barely dedicate my time to playing this game anymore, and also as osu!lazer comes closer and closer to completion, I feel that it's about time to call it a day. Thanks for using my skin, it was a lot of fun to make it and I learned quite a bit from it.

General changes:
-Removed yellow section in mode button with skin information (not made to be a permanent thing, only as a mild nudge for people to check the forum for updates while the skin wasn't completed)
-Reduced skin size considerably without quality loss (from 12MB to 6MB, extracted)
-Added very slight variation to background of the 'song cards'
-There might be other changes I made in the past and forgot

osu!standard:
-Slightly decreased slider outline's brightness to not mix with hitcircle's outline as much
-Slider ball is now colored by combo color (can be turned off in skin section of osu!'s settings if you want)
-Reduced slider ball's size to go along with the change above
-Changed default combo colors (had no idea so many people kept the default ones, I highly recommend enabling the custom ones from each map for more variety)

Versions history

Versions:
03/01/17: 1.0 release
04/18/17: 1.1 update (~50 file changes)
05/24/17: 1.2 update (~25 file changes)
08/09/17: 1.3 minor update (~8 file changes)
05/26/18: Final (~8 file changes)

Customizations:
03/03/17: Added Disabled fading when hitting hitcircles
03/03/17: Added Slider tick
04/08/17: Added Numbered hitcircles
06/10/17: Added Followpoints
06/10/17: Added WIP Stable fallback fix
06/22/17: Updated Numbered hitcircles
06/27/17: Added Playfield border (16:9, 16:10, 21:9)
06/27/17: Added Cursor colors
08/09/17: Added mania note colors
08/09/17: Added mania key colors

License
Use it for whatever. Credit is only optional but appreciated.

Note for publishing skins with these assets: If the website only allows original skins, then this license doesn't really matter. Make sure to check this subforum's skinning rules or whatever site's rules you plan to publish your skin on.

Screenshots:

osu!standard
(note: screenshots were taken with 'Ignore all beatmap skins' turned off, which enables the custom combo colors from each map for more variety. I highly recommend that you do so as well and disable in a per map basis if they use other skin assets)

osu!mania
(note: if you want another color for the notes and key, check out the customization section in the top of the thread for 8 other color choices)

Oh heck yeah, it was updated! I love this skin ;w;
My favorite thing about it has to be the semi-transparent cursor trail, it's pure eyecandy for me. Thanks for updating it, it's a really good skin!
mengass

Geroyuni wrote:

mengass wrote:

Hello!

Does this link work? (this is 1.4 Final by the way, I'm still updating the main post to the final version)
Thanks to everyone else, I'm glad you all like the skin

No(((
That's so bad((
_xAegir
Just started using it recently and it is really quite decent, clean and of course Minimal.
Living up to the name I see. anyway, nice job done making this skin.
Topic Starter
Geroyuni

mengass wrote:

Geroyuni wrote:

mengass wrote:

Hello!

Does this link work?
[...]

No(((
That's so bad((

That's unfortunate. Do you know any file hosting websites that work for you?
By the way, are you sure both Dropbox and Discord have been banned in Russia? According to bitly, a lot of people in Russia have opened the Dropbox download links and I haven't seen any complaints until now, so it could be just you.
rollingboi
hello i cant customize a skin i downloaded a customization ZIP file and then exported it and in it i found only cursor@2x and cursortrail@2x i changed them in skin folder but skin cursor didn't changed so i cant change cursor please help
Topic Starter
Geroyuni

rollingboi wrote:

hello i cant customize a skin i downloaded a customization ZIP file and then exported it and in it i found only cursor@2x and cursortrail@2x i changed them in skin folder but skin cursor didn't changed so i cant change cursor please help

Seems I forgot to make the non @2x version of these, the cursor didn't change for you because your resolution is small enough and actually needed these smaller files.

Here are the files you need for now, I'll update the whole customization zip later.
mengass

Geroyuni wrote:

mengass wrote:

Geroyuni wrote:

mengass wrote:

Hello!

Does this link work?
[...]

No(((
That's so bad((

That's unfortunate. Do you know any file hosting websites that work for you?
By the way, are you sure both Dropbox and Discord have been banned in Russia? According to bitly, a lot of people in Russia have opened the Dropbox download links and I haven't seen any complaints until now, so it could be just you.

Yeah, like this mega.nz or MediaFire :3
Topic Starter
Geroyuni

mengass wrote:

um, sure then. Here's the download (and here's the customization zip download if you want it also)
rollingboi
thank you very much its very nice skin :D
Fiiji
Hello! I've been enjoying this skin very much and I'd like to add a few things of my own. May I ask, What font did you use for each of the elements? Is all the text the same font? Thank you!
Topic Starter
Geroyuni

Fiiji wrote:

Hello! I've been enjoying this skin very much and I'd like to add a few things of my own. May I ask, What font did you use for each of the elements? Is all the text the same font? Thank you!

I've used mainly Roboto, with a sprinkling of Open Sans and Exo 2 in some areas and customizations
mengass

Geroyuni wrote:

mengass wrote:

um, sure then. Here's the download (and here's the customization zip download if you want it also)

Thank you very much) :3
show more