forum

Child of Eden

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Azure_Kite
So I got this game the other day, and only tried it out for the first time today.

Child of Eden is an on-Rails Shooter/Rhythm/Epileptic fit game, where you play as an AI, trying to rescue aforementioned Project named Lumi. Lumi was the first human born in space, and lived and died. All of the data collected from her during her life was stored, available from a vast Internet now known as Eden. The records and information collected was used to create Project Lumi.

This is kinda sorta a prequel to Rez.

wikipedia wrote:

The objective of the player in Child of Eden is to save Project Lumi, which is near completion, from a virus attack. If finished, Project Lumi would reproduce a human personality in Eden, the artificial intelligence inside which Rez took place.
Child of Eden features just five levels, but they change depending on the actions you perform and how well you do.

You can use two main control types in this; Standard Controller play, and Kinect. Kinect is where the real fun is, as you use your left and right hands to aim/shoot, clap hands to switch weapons and Raise both hands for Euphoria Attacks (bombs)

Game play videos are self explanatory, so here we go!

adam2046
Rez 2, but every video of the game has failed to show me that this is better than or equal to Rez (and everyone playing seems to have no idea what they're doing or are slow as hell).

I have no doubt that I will pick this game up and really like it, but Kinect does not look like it improves the game at all (not that I have any intention of buying one), I loved the soundtrack to Rez and this one does not seem to have the same impact, vibration (which was one of the most important parts to Rez) is weak as on the PS3 controller and there's no vibrator add-on.
So yeah, the only complaint I can throw at the game is "It's not Rez".
Topic Starter
Azure_Kite
Kinect does make control difficult, but it is different. I've mainly been using a controller, as it lets you use both weapon types simultaneously (something kinect doesn't allow for).

The vibration on the 360 controllers seems fine for me. That being said, I myself haven't played Rez (flame me, get it over with) so I wouldn't know how the Trance Vibrator impacted the experience.
adam2046
I haven't used the trance vibrator either and I doubt many other people in the west own one since I'm pretty sure it was a Japan exclusive.
The PS2's vibration is a beast and alone is enough to make my hands go numb after playing Rez for extended periods.
awp
Saw this and it looks like fun. Star Fox on acid, almost.

Don't have an XBox, but we're talking about getting some consoles in the Games room at work, maybe I can sway PM to get a 360 with Kinect to give this a try.