forum

How long did it take you to switch to tablet?

posted
Total Posts

How long did it take you to switch to tablet?

1 Day
20.00%
2 Weeks
8.00%
1 Week
16.00%
1 Month
14.00%
2 Months
10.00%
3 Months+
32.00%
Total votes: 50
Topic Starter
Hiyorin
I bought a tablet thinking I would be frustrated for a few months before I would be fully accustomed to the device. Much to my surprise it didn't take long, it has since been two days since I've been playing on my Bamboo pen and I am already beating past scores submitted by mouse. I'm wondering am I the only one? Or is the switch usually this painless?
Mismagius
3 hours until I passed kanbu
Neruell
Infinite amount of time. Even Cookiezi is still getting better and better every day. It is a matter of what you call "get used to it". Untill you can pass "decent" hard maps, maybe a month, untill you can HR+HD emerald sword maybe more than a year?
Daru
I started tablet for osu!, but it took me a few hours to get accustomed to using the tablet for drawing, and maybe a month or two for me to feel as comfortable as I am with paper and pencil.

Three years later, I'm probably more accustomed to the conveniences of digital work versus paper and pencil - I have subconsciously moved my left hand in the "Ctrl+Z" position when I'm sketching on paper, or tried click the side of the pencil to make the tip change size.
GladiOol
Tablets are for the weak.
Real men play mouse-only.
Neruell

GladiOol wrote:

Tablets are for the weak.
Real men play mouse-only.
Switched to tablet, "only" because my first 2 "mouses" (don't know if it's mice because it is a pc mouse afterall) died (the buttons) xD In some point I was "better" in streaming and "jumping" with mouse only. After some time the tablet proves to have some slight advantages towards the mouse-only style, but no real advantages that makes you godlike.
Kert
2 days until I decreased the active area to the smallest as possible
Waryas
Changed hand so 1month to get to mouse level, 2months to progress.
TKiller
About a minute or two.

No, I don't play tablet, only played on a few tablets my friends who draw stuff left at my house.

They take away a large amount of fun.
Luna
Playing with tablet for about a month now and I'm still worse than with my mouse, but that might also be because I switched from clicks to keyboard and am pretty awful at it :?
Ayeen_old
3 hours. Like every hours I increase the sensitivity by 0.1 in Osu! and 1 tick in windows setup. When I switched, I feel map that used to be fast AR seem to be slow. But then, I am a lazy player :lol:
gat1toneku

Daru wrote:

I started tablet for osu!, but it took me a few hours to get accustomed to using the tablet for drawing, and maybe a month or two for me to feel as comfortable as I am with paper and pencil.

Three years later, I'm probably more accustomed to the conveniences of digital work versus paper and pencil - I have subconsciously moved my left hand in the "Ctrl+Z" position when I'm sketching on paper, or tried click the side of the pencil to make the tip change size.
i started osu with a tablet too but for some reason i can't even play normal diffs properly
so i took a break for like a couple months and play again with a mouse, surprisingly i suddenly can fc songs

after a year i recently tried tablet and need around 2-3 days to get accustomed to it
Wishy
2 days dunno.
RhaiizoN
never
Topic Starter
Hiyorin

Neruell wrote:

Infinite amount of time. Even Cookiezi is still getting better and better every day. It is a matter of what you call "get used to it". Untill you can pass "decent" hard maps, maybe a month, untill you can HR+HD emerald sword maybe more than a year?
Hmm I guess "used to it" would mean you are just as or better then before. I can already pass lunatic and 99% insane songs, and am making progress already ?_? That means either I was really bad with mouse to begin with, or I play too much
Atelier Nugra
1 hours
mekadon_old
1.2 years
aevv_old
1 day, spent a month or two playing tablet in like january, then went back to mouse just for streaming with left click x, my tablet control is still superior and i use it for maps without streams
dNextGen

RhaiizoN wrote:

never
Tenshi-nyan

dNextGen wrote:

RhaiizoN wrote:

never
But then again, I suck anyway.
Avedas
About an hour to reach my mouse skill. Adjusted the active area and switched to hovering the pen which took about a day to surpass my mouse skill.
FireballFlame
Tried it for a week or two before I gave up and went back to mouse :P