forum

Preview sb doesn't appear [Resolved]

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
-Mantis-
Hello,

I got following problem: I'm working on a beatmap and uploaded it in Work in Progess/Help. And since a few days my preview sb doesn't appear anymore. there's just the grey osu! screen. Of course my sb is integrated in the map.
Did I do something wrong? Should i just wait and it will appear later? I'm wondering, because it worked when i uploaded it the first time.
Thanks in advance!
Ayeen_old
Put backgorund image under "background". You got to wait like 1/2 or 1 day to see the previews
James2250
(That is a preview background not a preview sb by the way)

The reason nothing appears there is because you have no background set on the map right now. The background is in your folder but nothing else. While on your map in editor go on design - Insert Background and click on your background that is in the folder, then do a full submit)

(On a side note it looks like you didn't change the mp3 of your map yet either, you changed the timing that was provided in your thread but you need to replace the mp3 in the folder as well as it is pretty far off at the moment)
Topic Starter
-Mantis-

James2250 wrote:

(That is a preview background not a preview sb by the way)

The reason nothing appears there is because you have no background set on the map right now. The background is in your folder but nothing else. While on your map in editor go on design - Insert Background and click on your background that is in the folder, then do a full submit)

(On a side note it looks like you didn't change the mp3 of your map yet either, you changed the timing that was provided in your thread but you need to replace the mp3 in the folder as well as it is pretty far off at the moment)
This is pretty strange, i already have added the new file and the smaller picture, but now i downloaded my map from the osu! servers and, yeah theres no image and the wrong songfile. I reuploaded my map pretty often to save my proceedings. the whole map ,until the point i mapped it, is there but not the image and the file that i uploaded even earlier than my recent proceedings. O.O
A Bug of the submission system or did i do something wrong?
And thanks for the help : )
James2250
You might of done a standard submission instead of a full submission which updates the maps but does not update any of the files in the folder.
ziin
You did it wrong; I posted in your thread.
Topic Starter
-Mantis-

James2250 wrote:

You might of done a standard submission instead of a full submission which updates the maps but does not update any of the files in the folder.

ziin wrote:

You did it wrong; I posted in your thread.
YES, that was the problem. I just used the standard submission all the time...
Now everything is fixed and the preview image appears.
Thousand of thanks for your help! The support in this board is really great :)
I hope i get my map ranked someday, when it's finished.