forum

Nonstop Lag [Resolved]

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
-Lennox-
Hello, I've got a problem.
My osu! has been lagging really really bad nonstop for about 2 months already, and I've tried everything I could think of to fix that. Frame limiter, changing renderers, downloading the latest update for my graphics card and scanning for viruses. I even went as far to deinstall osu! and defragmentize my HDD, and none of that worked. What else could I try to get this fixed?
James2250
Did you try reading all of the replies in this topic just to make sure there isn't anything you haven't tested out yet
viewtopic.php?f=5&t=42149

What are some of your computer specs? (Audio/video drivers, memory, etc)
Topic Starter
-Lennox-

James2250 wrote:

Did you try reading all of the replies in this topic just to make sure there isn't anything you haven't tested out yet
viewtopic.php?f=5&t=42149

What are some of your computer specs? (Audio/video drivers, memory, etc)
I tested all of them.. but nothing fixed my problem.

That's my system:(important things)

INTEL Quad Core I7-960 3,2GHz
12GB DDR3 PC1333 main memory
nvidia Geforce GTX580 1536MB DX11 Graphic card
awp
Strong machine.

Must be bloatware, then. Clean up the crud and sludge on your harddrive and it should start purring again.
Kitsunemimi

awp wrote:

Strong machine.

Must be bloatware, then. Clean up the crud and sludge on your harddrive and it should start purring again.
There's no way in hell that crap on his hard drive can stop that computer from running osu! smoothly.

The only other possibility of it being something on his drive is if it's some sort of virus or retarded software that's taking up all your system resources in the background. But then again, this lag doesn't happen when you run any other game right?

That means it's got something to do solely with osu! and his computer............ And I'm not sure what it could be.
Topic Starter
-Lennox-

Kitsunemimi wrote:

awp wrote:

Strong machine.

There's no way in hell that crap on his hard drive can stop that computer from running osu! smoothly.

The only other possibility of it being something on his drive is if it's some sort of virus or retarded software that's taking up all your system resources in the background. But then again, this lag doesn't happen when you run any other game right?

That means it's got something to do solely with osu! and his computer............ And I'm not sure what it could be.

I see.. no one can help me :<
Shael_old
is it like 5 fps whole time?
Topic Starter
-Lennox-

Shael wrote:

Nope, around 800 without frame limiter.

Edit: Its like "Three seconds without laggs and 1 second lagg" everytime
Shael_old

-Lennox- wrote:

Shael wrote:

Nope, around 800 without frame limiter.

Edit: Its like "Three seconds without laggs and 1 second lagg" everytime
Yeah, I have it too, it's really crap to play with it... fucks up most of my good plays lol

EDIT: Might help- Try deleting your .cfg file in your osu folder and restart osu, not sure if it'll help tho...
Topic Starter
-Lennox-

Shael wrote:

EDIT: Might help- Try deleting your .cfg file in your osu folder and restart osu, not sure if it'll help tho...
Nope, doesn't work at alll...
Jalatiphra
try setting osu.exe to high priority in the task manager

-> press strg alt del -> taskmanager -> proceses -> find osu in the list -> rightclick : set priority -> higher than normal
MDuh
wow with that machine?

clean up your whole OS if you feel you tried everything
Topic Starter
-Lennox-

MDuh wrote:

wow with that machine?

clean up your whole OS if you feel you tried everything

Yea.. thats why i'm wondering about the lags >_>
Shael_old
Wie groß ist deine festplatte wo windows instaliert ist? und ist osu auch auf der festplatte?
Topic Starter
-Lennox-
I think i got it.. yeah.. it works now dunno what i've done but anyway thx to all who helped me
makemecool123

Jalatiphra wrote:

try setting osu.exe to high priority in the task manager

-> press strg alt del -> taskmanager -> proceses -> find osu in the list -> rightclick : set priority -> higher than normal
THX :D
VeilStar
Please don't necro-post / bump ancient, dead threads.