forum

You have been banned (for $duration hours because $reason) [Denied]

posted
Total Posts
This is a feature request. Feature requests can be voted up by supporters.
Current Priority: +0
Topic Starter
awp
While the title described the request in its entirety, I'll re-iterate.

When users are banned from osu! and they try to log in, an unhelpful message pops up saying "You have been banned. If you think this was a mistake, complain to an admin or bitch on the forums"

Most people who get banned aren't the best thinkers (sorry, but you're really not) and an equal subset* of the banned users believe it was a mistake, because they'd never do anything wrong. So we get a lot of activity on the Ban Appealing thread now that just isn't needed.

Please amend the ban notification message to include ban duration and the reason why the user was banned. These parameters are already stored somewhere on the system, so this feature should be trivial to implement as long as we don't abuse the "reason" field

also I'm pretty sure I've requested this before, but I don't think I've requested it in the Feature Requests forum. So, tadaa.

*this conclusion was derived without any data
Ijah_old
I support this.
Also, I think the string could be better as "You have been banned for $duration. Reason: $reason".
James2250
viewtopic.php?p=562007#p562007 ~
(The 'reason' for the ban isn't included in this request thread but should be pretty obvious anyway)
Derekku
Boom 8-)