forum

Camellia - yamabiko

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
den0saur
This beatmap was submitted using in-game submission on 27 апреля 2017 г. at 03:17:24

Artist: Camellia
Title: yamabiko
Tags: kamel cametek kamelcamellia かめるかめりあ EDP presents ravemania 2016 summer dubstep orientalstep
BPM: 150
Filesize: 9297kb
Play Time: 05:01
Difficulties Available:
  1. kyouko (5,58 stars, 1280 notes)
Download: Camellia - yamabiko
Information: Scores/Beatmap Listing
---------------
My first finished beatmap of this kind (if not counting PLANET//SHAPER Introduction).
Yes i know some parts are not that good, gonna remap and improve them.

Started:04.02.17
Finished:27.04.17

04.04.17 - added some other hitsounds, so make sure to redownload!
24.04.17 - changed bg
26.04.17 - changed bg again
26.04.17 - CHANGED MP3 (huge thanks to lazyboy007 for extending the audio for 5min drain)
peaceGiant
Alrighty Mod Mod Mod from nob nob nob

[kyouko]

00:07:787 (6,2) - Move them like 3 pixels to the left to fit the flow better and make spacing better
00:23:987 (1) - It's A cool idea that the slider follows up with 00:25:187 (4) - but still, i dont recomend doing that, instead
00:36:787 (1,3) - it's better if you just put srepeating sliders there, even if you dont want to use em, it fits the song better then having circles
01:22:387 (1) - NC that will aware players of 1/6 streams
02:00:787 (1,2) - Rotate 25 anticlockwise, overalll fits the pattern
02:07:187 (1,2,3,4) - Looks messy
02:40:187 (1,2,3) - I know what you were trying to do, but ctrl + g it, plus it will confront the slider after that
03:07:587 (1) - Still controversial about this :D
03:18:387 (6) - Put it on the first circle as before, (stack it with 1)
03:40:787 (1) - I know that the stream has a story, but dont over do it, the simpler the better
04:34:187 (1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,1,2) - lol, just lol, nothing bad but, lol
05:01:387 (4) - the slider reminds me of sonic the hedgehog, dont know why but your a god at sliders You suck at long streams though ;)

Gl, Hopefully this shit gets ranked!!!!
Topic Starter
den0saur

pecegiant wrote:

Alrighty Mod Mod Mod from nob nob nob

[kyouko]

00:07:787 (6,2) - Move them like 3 pixels to the left to fit the flow better and make spacing better Oh this is so minor. I dont understand what flow can be here if it is such a low speed going on. Also this is placed that way because distance from 00:07:987 (1) - end is equal both to 00:07:587 (5,6) - these
00:23:987 (1) - It's A cool idea that the slider follows up with 00:25:187 (4) - but still, i dont recomend doing that, instead I don't like it visually
00:36:787 (1,3) - it's better if you just put srepeating sliders there, even if you dont want to use em, it fits the song better then having circles Again no, i dislike repeat sliders(and almost don't place them ever). Also it would be weird to have repeaters all of a sudden when in each song section of this type there are no thing like this.
01:22:387 (1) - NC that will aware players of 1/6 streams Lol but it is nc'd, what are you talking about
02:00:787 (1,2) - Rotate 25 anticlockwise, overalll fits the pattern 01:59:987 (1,2,3,1,2) - Look at this. It is already a pattern
02:07:187 (1,2,3,4) - Looks messy Not really for me. It looks even better than perfect overlaps which where there before. If you have any better idea how to place it, show me
02:40:187 (1,2,3) - I know what you were trying to do, but ctrl + g it, plus it will confront the slider after that Idea is about up-down movement. Like, if movement stopped being "up", it will continue from up to down, and from down to up later etc
03:07:587 (1) - Still controversial about this :D What is wrong here
03:18:387 (6) - Put it on the first circle as before, (stack it with 1) Why? I made a triangle from these 03:17:587 (2,5,6) - . Also it repeats the pattern that was used here 00:27:987 (2,3,4,5,6) - .
03:40:787 (1) - I know that the stream has a story, but dont over do it, the simpler the better But i want to. If you say i need to make things simpler, i will need to remove this whole stream and remake it from scratch. Which i'm not willing too.
04:34:187 (1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,1,2) - lol, just lol, nothing bad but, lol Just the S-type stream
05:01:387 (4) - the slider reminds me of sonic the hedgehog, dont know why but your a god at sliders You suck at long streams though ;) i dun think so

Gl, Hopefully this shit gets ranked!!!!
Who knows

Thanks for time put into this, but your suggestions weren't good. You just nitpicking on what is just in front of you, and not watching on the overall situation. Suggestions that you gave barely would change anything. You could have said that some of my patterns in most intense sections are not very polished. And i would agree on that, i'm aware of it. And i will change then a bit when i will get a bit better. reminder for myself - lower the end of last slider

And as i said, next time just create a new post and not edit old one.
ignorance
dude u should seriously continue this... i would love to see this ranked..! i have been mapping yamabiko too, and this version is so inspiring. i think your map just needs exposure... it's very nice and the hitsounds are equally brilliant
ignorance
it is just things like at 00:06:987 (3)- in my personal opinion a circle shouldnt be there as there's a held sound from 00:06:787 (2)-... i see this very much through the intro and outtro...

maybe it fits idk
ignorance
perhaps a spinner at 02:15:987- ? i suppose the break could work too but id prefer a spinner there then map the small build up from 02:17:587 - into the kiai
Topic Starter
den0saur
Oh wow, thanks for the kind words, but this is not going anywhere further. This map was my first serious try on mapping electronic music, and it is super outdated now(in terms of placement, aesthetics mainly, sometimes rhythms too) You can see my sakuraburst map to see how i improved. I'm glad it inspires you, but once again, i myself dont like it.

and next time just edit your post so there wont be 10 of your posts in a row xd
ignorance
i also feel like maybe putting a break at 01:48:787 - after the most intense (in terms of dissonance from the wubs) part of the song... it very much would feel right, whereas the long break leading into the next kiai feels weird... i agree with the break up to 02:17:587 - but from there i feel like it definitely should be mapped
ignorance

den0saur wrote:

Oh wow, thanks for the kind words, but this is not going anywhere further. This map was my first serious try on mapping electronic music, and it is super outdated now(in terms of placement, aesthetics mainly, sometimes rhythms too) You can see my sakuraburst map to see how i improved. I'm glad it inspires you, but once again, i myself dont like it.

and next time just edit your post so there wont be 10 of your posts in a row xd
oh plz continue it i know from a mapper's perspective the small errors u see are overwhelming it but from an outside perspective its amazing... and yes sorry for spamming the post i got too excited lol
Topic Starter
den0saur
If im about to fix something in here, i would need to ctrl+a and delete, because i cant fix something that seems fundamentally wrong to me right now. I dont delete my oldest and first maps just for the showcase, for myself and for everyone who would be interested in my progress over time, for some reason.
ignorance

den0saur wrote:

If im about to fix something in here, i would need to ctrl+a and delete, because i cant fix something that seems fundamentally wrong to me right now. I dont delete my oldest and first maps just for the showcase, for myself and for everyone who would be interested in my progress over time, for some reason.
oh well why don't you remap it? it's such a nice song, and surely a lot of the work from your old map is transferrable? i personally don't feel it should be remapped though... it does seem like it can be fixed without having to do that
Topic Starter
den0saur
aaaaaaa offtopic

You see, this situation reminds me of NeilPerry. A lot of people i know (players mostly) say that they really enjoy his maps, and with saying that, they mean his really old maps, for example Senbonzakura, Moonbound, Stories Can Wait, and they think they are completely rankable. On the other hand, Neil himself says those maps are very outdated and garbage. His style changed drastically over the last year, and of course he sees fundamental mistakes in those maps, so he wouldnt ever want(and most importantly, couldnt) to rank them at the current state.

I dont exclude the possibility of remapping yamabiko, but probably not anytime soon. Not enough time passed yet, and style is not polished enough to do it. I am very strict to myself with mapping, and i dont want to rank things that i think are not good enough. I usually start to dislike my maps after few weeks i finish them. There are rare exceptions, where i like my maps for much longer, for example https://osu.ppy.sh/s/667646 this one (yeah i still like it, but i know few things that i can improve there if i will ever come back to it). I would have try to rank it eventually, if it were a 5 minute song, but its not, and im not experienced yet to make a decent lower difficulties to go with them for rank too.

Once again, thanks for the support.
BanchoBot
This modding thread has been migrated to the new "modding discussions" system. Please make sure to re-post any existing (and unresolved) efforts to the new system as required.