forum

osu! users fans

posted
Total Posts
This is a feature request. Feature requests can be voted up by supporters.
Current Priority: +4
show more
TKiller

Jarby wrote:

I don't see any good reason for this game to become more of a popularity contest than it already is. The subscription feature is a good idea that is related to this, but it's one that I would prefer not to be publicly listed as such.
u just jelly :D

well, actually that's why I said this does make some sense, but is just hilarious
dNextGen
friend list doesnt mean fans list though
Topic Starter
Mastodonio

dNextGen wrote:

friend list doesnt mean fans list though
^ he is right. By the way,some people don't want their friends to be shown - but fan's list is much better..and as I said - you can hide your fans in settings,if you want.
But if someone want - friends list can be added too)
awp

Jarby wrote:

I don't see any good reason for this game to become more of a popularity contest than it already is
the voice of reason called

it said given the insight you've been able to offer on the subject, you are encouraged to continue doing so
Metro
Great idea.
Topic Starter
Mastodonio

Metro wrote:

Great idea.
Thanks,I hope that more people will notice this idea and share their opinion too)
Wishy
I'd agree with this if fans stuff were all private, like this game is all about e-penis for tons of people, which is why they rank-whore or get easy top ranks so people will know their names, now with something like this they just gonna go try to get tons of fans so they can think they're great since they got a shitload of "fans". I'll be ok with "fans" being all private, like actually being suscribers instead of fans.
Topic Starter
Mastodonio

Wishy22 wrote:

I'd agree with this if fans stuff were all private, like this game is all about e-penis for tons of people, which is why they rank-whore or get easy top ranks so people will know their names, now with something like this they just gonna go try to get tons of fans so they can think they're great since they got a shitload of "fans". I'll be ok with "fans" being all private, like actually being suscribers instead of fans.
Subscribers are usually useful in other sites when for example you are famous and you upload videos made by yourself in youtube,so your subscibers can always know when new videos are coming :-> So,I think fans are better - look at people's signatures ( a lot of people write for example : Dj Pop's fan, or Cookiezi's fan) - even I wrote that I am kingcobra's fan) So,I think to make 'fans' is better.
And as I said before - You can 'hide your fans' in settings,if you want. There is no point to make this function only private - it's people's desire,so they can hide them,if they want.
Wishy
I don't really see a point in saying "hey I'm a X's fan", I think it's pretty useless and won't do any real good to the community. By being a suscriper you get updates on the user like what scores he got (which you can check in his recent activities so w/e), or what maps he uploaded (now this would be useful). But fans... it's just another stat you gonna add to every player which won't mean anything, like ranked score, total score, lvl, etc.
Topic Starter
Mastodonio

Wishy22 wrote:

I don't really see a point in saying "hey I'm a X's fan", I think it's pretty useless and won't do any real good to the community. By being a suscriper you get updates on the user like what scores he got (which you can check in his recent activities so w/e), or what maps he uploaded (now this would be useful). But fans... it's just another stat you gonna add to every player which won't mean anything, like ranked score, total score, lvl, etc.
Well,it's your opinion - I don't agree with you. Every man has it's own opinion :->
Metro
I like this idea because it reminds me of the MeetYourMakers website.

http://www.mymym.com/en/profile/Maelk.html

http://www.mymym.com/en/fancenter.html (I'm the all-time worst better!)

I don't agree with this being private but I do agree with this being a part of subscribing to the user. If you subscribe to someone you automatically become a fan and you get his updates. You won't want to get updates of an Easy player (at least I don't) so you'd choose only the good players.
Topic Starter
Mastodonio

Metro wrote:

I don't agree with this being private but I do agree with this being a part of subscribing to the user. If you subscribe to someone you automatically become a fan and you get his updates. You won't want to get updates of an Easy player (at least I don't) so you'd choose only the good players.
Hmmmm...sounds nice) I agree - but with one condition : you can "refuse updates from this user" in settings ,if you want. For example,maybe I like this guy - he is a good mapper,but I don't want to get updates from him - I just want to have him in my personal 'fan list' :->
Metro

Giorgos wrote:

Metro wrote:

Hmmmm...sounds nice) I agree - but with one condition : you can "refuse updates from this user" in settings ,if you want. For example,maybe I like this guy - he is a good mapper,but I don't want to get updates from him - I just want to have him in my personal 'fan list' :->
That'd defeat the purpose of what I just said :P.

Another suggestion could be a limited list of favorite mappers.

I think that 5-8 mappers would be enough.
whymeman
Sooo..... you want osu! to be more like Facebook with the "likes", but based on user profiles?

Also, wouldn't there be a problem of fans vs. fans and other biased matters? I feel that it would only lead to more personal attacks and trolling than to be a helpful or useful feature.
[Sora]_old
Is This necessary...?
I mean it's an OK Idea but are we basing the likes or dislikes just by the person? There profile? How they play?
I don't think we don't need that on osu... It could cause problems and isn't face book for likes and dislikes?
Topic Starter
Mastodonio
I noticed that people in osu can find problems where they are don't exist. Come on,people,nobody won't attack other people..fans vs fans? are you kidding me? Of course there won't be such things.

[Sora] : Likes and dislikes? You think that if I added my favourite mappers in my fan's list, and I didn't add other 800.000 users in osu that mean that I don't like them all? And if we won't base the likes and dislikes by person,his maps and how he plays - then how will we do that? By his nickname??
whymeman

Giorgos wrote:

I noticed that people in osu can find problems where they are don't exist. Come on,people,nobody won't attack other people..fans vs fans? are you kidding me? Of course there won't be such things.
That's because we think outside of the box. To be able to find a problem before it happens and to be cautious of how it is handled is called prevention. And you can't *promise* nothing will go wrong with that idea. There's usually a flaw or negative to everything. It's the matter of if it is worth ignoring or if the positives are actually worth going for weighing against the negatives.
Metro

whymeman wrote:

Giorgos wrote:

That's because we think outside of the box. To be able to find a problem before it happens and to be cautious of how it is handled is called prevention. And you can't *promise* nothing will go wrong with that idea. There's usually a flaw or negative to everything. It's the matter of if it is worth ignoring or if the positives are actually worth going for weighing against the negatives.
I don't believe what you mentioned is big enough of a problem to weigh the idea down.

A possible problem could be multiaccounts to become fans of a certain user but that's easily stoppable by setting a requirement before becoming a fan such as have 1000 playcount or something.
Waryas
How about an option to allow others to see others who you have friended
And an option to display publicly people who friended you. If both settings are set, it becomes public for everyone, otherwise only concerned parties can see it.
Metro

JesusYamato wrote:

How about an option to allow others to see others who you have friended
And an option to display publicly people who friended you. If both settings are set, it becomes public for everyone, otherwise only concerned parties can see it.
I agree but if the first option is enabled that person's friendship should still counts towards the total number of people that he has friended, even if his name isn't displayed.
[Sora]_old

Giorgos wrote:

[Sora] : Likes and dislikes? You think that if I added my favourite mappers in my fan's list, and I didn't add other 800.000 users in osu that mean that I don't like them all? And if we won't base the likes and dislikes by person,his maps and how he plays - then how will we do that? By his nickname??
That's not what I meant... I understand if your liking the person for there map. But What i didn't get is why would you like or dislike for there profile. But isn't liking the person the same as favorite there map? Your liking the person for there maps and the person? That's all?, and playing style. Whats the difference there. I'm sort of confused, But I guess this idea is OK..Just not necessary in my opinion. Not trying to be mean or anything >_>
Neruell
I don't see any positive aspects of the "fan" feature, either gameplaywise or communitywise.

Making it private automaticly deactivates the whole purpose of being a "fan". Make it public only but for what? I doubt that Cookiezi would care about ANY of the so called "fans". If you do care about someone even for a bit, you have a friendlist for that. Anyway, in the end, what is the purpose of it?

In my opinion it can, as said above, make the things maybe even worse with people trolling like "haha you are a N00b fan of X". If you do really want to show everyone what a true fan you are, there are tons of way of doing that. Write that on your profile page into "interests" or "User Page", or make your own Facebook Fanclub page of X person and make a link in your profile for it. You don't need a "BIG BANNER" on your front profile page saying "I am a X fan".

Concluding, making it private is totaly useless since it will be kind of "haha no one knows that I am a X fan". To maybe show how popular someone is just check the replay watched by others and you will see who is the "top" person "followed" by others.
Cristian
I support this but... i don't have a star for this sorry :|
Topic Starter
Mastodonio

Kurisuchianu wrote:

I support this but... i don't have a star for this sorry :|
no problem) your comments are already appreciated :->
Meikyuuiri Tsumi
Personally, I don't support this, and would like it to stay like it is now, because I think that it might kinda ruin the acpect of fun itself. So yeah, I think it's not too necessary. However, lots of people would be interested in it, and would be using it frequently, that's for sure. Mostly underaged ones. But I think you had that in mind for target users of this feature, so I'm ok with it regarding that. That's all my opinion of course.

Objectively speaking, it is a great idea, quite innovative.
I will give stars as soon as I get them. And hope to see this on the first two pages some day ;)
A_Good_Man
nice idea :)
Topic Starter
Mastodonio
bump

2 years ago I offered this thing but maybe osu wasn't ready for such thing that time.. Now I want to hear your thoughts about it!
Abel

Giorgos wrote:

bump

2 years ago I offered this thing but maybe osu wasn't ready for such thing that time.. Now I want to hear your thoughts about it!
Verbal support :D +1
okno, I dont have stars, but I still support it, in my way ;_;

Also in the "fan tab" or how its called, there should be 2 boxes like

"His fans" -random -random -random -blablabla -asdfg
"Fan of" -Cookiezi -WoobWoofWolf -Rucker -etc...
hope you got the idea