forum

New update new lag

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
AHappyPiggy
Alright so i dont know if this is happening to anyone else but after the most recent Osu! update my PC has been running at very low frames making the game hard and frustrating to play. On the previous update i was running at 100+ fps now im hardly getting 50fps. :o :? :( :cry:
-Makishima S-
Only you
Sayorie
Post settings and PC specs.
Topic Starter
AHappyPiggy
NVIDIA GeForce GTX 960
Intel(R) Core(TM) 15-4460 CPU @ 3.20GHz 3.20GHz
8.00 Gb Ram
64-bit operating system
TakuMii
Something's incredibly wrong with your setup, and it has nothing to do with the game itself. You should easily be able to get thousands of FPS with those specs.

Maybe check your Windows Power Management settings? Update your drivers? Make sure that your antivirus isn't scanning while you're playing?
Sayorie
Are you running on PC or is that a gaming laptop?
Can you post your display settings in-game?
Do you consistently drop frames or FPS is simply low?
Can you post a screenshot with ctrl+f11 like below?

(Yes i have shit frametime, osu! is bad with gaming laptops, only works better with integrated graphics probably because of how the game is programmed.)

I'm not a tech whiz, but you should provide more info so that help comes faster.
No info = no idea.
Topic Starter
AHappyPiggy
Ok Thank you all for your help but it just started working and idk if that's :) because i deleted my profile from my PC (once u re-log it comes back) or if it just need my PC to completely shutdown and turn back on. TakuMii i can hit much Higher FPS but i have it capped
Sayorie
Don't have it capped, I think.
Spirit_Dreamer
Or cap it at a lot higher fps.My old pc had low fps drops from time to time on unlimited.So in some cases is better to limit it, but definitely at least limit it to 240fps not lower.