forum

mouse finger stiffness

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Jester69
i've noticed over the past few weeks to months that my left ring finger is getting stiff when i play with my mouse, i was considering getting a tablet but i want to know if this has ever happened to anyone else. I don't have arthritis or anything but as i've started playing more difficult maps and i go tense in my arm but my finger is already feeling weird. i have a Razer Deathadder if someone wants to know and i've tried a lot of grip styles which worked for a bit but then i got back to claw grip. This doesn't happen any other time i use a mouse or anything else.
Sandy Hoey
Wait, are you using your mouse with your left hand or is your keyboard hand getting stiff when you use the mouse with your right hand?
Topic Starter
Jester69

Sandy Hoey wrote:

Wait, are you using your mouse with your left hand or is your keyboard hand getting stiff when you use the mouse with your right hand?
i think it happens when i'm using the keyboard and mouse because i'm more into the game.
Sandy Hoey
What I meant to ask is do you use your mouse with your left hand or not
Purple
I wouldn't think merely gripping your mouse hard would result in RSI/Carpal Tunnel symptoms, but everyone is different I guess. Compressed nerves don't always cause pain, they can make you go numb without any negative feelings. Just make sure it doesn't happen to your keyboard hand or you'll end up like _index.
I Give Up
Relax dont hold breath and stay hydrated.
Blitzfrog
Are you sure you claw and not fingertip? What is your dpi?
vinnicci
Topic Starter
Jester69

Sandy Hoey wrote:

What I meant to ask is do you use your mouse with your left hand or not
yeah i use the mouse with my left hand.
Topic Starter
Jester69

Purple wrote:

I wouldn't think merely gripping your mouse hard would result in RSI/Carpal Tunnel symptoms, but everyone is different I guess. Compressed nerves don't always cause pain, they can make you go numb without any negative feelings. Just make sure it doesn't happen to your keyboard hand or you'll end up like _index.
What happened to _index?
Topic Starter
Jester69

Blitzfrog wrote:

Are you sure you claw and not fingertip? What is your dpi?
https://photos.google.com/photo/AF1QipN ... p0Y-NitCwa (Picture of my grip)
i play at 1500 dpi and my polling rate is 500Hz
Topic Starter
Jester69

hypercom wrote:

Does this happen on one map or in many hours? Because I get the same with tablet in long sessions.
It happens most of the time, sometimes it goes away but it comes back after moving a little more around a map.
Topic Starter
Jester69

KukiMonster wrote:

Relax dont hold breath and stay hydrated.
I do hold my breath sometimes but it helps me focus a little and i probably should drink some more water.
dung eater
sounds like a problem with your grip or how your wrist is when you play
Topic Starter
Jester69

jaaakb wrote:

sounds like a problem with your grip or how your wrist is when you play
I've been trying a lot of grip styles but I can't seem to find a comfortable position which I can play in.
Sandy Hoey
Could it be the position you are sitting in or the height of your chair that is forcing your arm into an awkward position?
Topic Starter
Jester69

Sandy Hoey wrote:

Could it be the position you are sitting in or the height of your chair that is forcing your arm into an awkward position?
Not 100% sure but that could be the case, I sit with my chair all the way up but I used to sit with it all the way down.
Topic Starter
Jester69
https://osu.ppy.sh/b/462225 I was just playing this and i noticed that my finger started to get stiff becuase i was gripping my mouse so tightly and i was snapping onto a lot of things, maybe my finger gets stiff because i grip onto my mouse too tightly?
Sandy Hoey
Then you have to find a way to relax while playing, as I am sure other people have said.

And in the future, if no one has posted afte you and you want to say something else, just edit your post to reduce the amount of clutter. Just keeps everything more organized
Topic Starter
Jester69
Thanks everyone for trying to make this clearer to me, helped a lot and its nice to see some people helping out.