forum

PyP Mafia [GO] - Game Over!

posted
Total Posts
show more
Rantai
I just got home... holy crap what a bloodbath O.o
NoHitter
I thought the role PMs will be given along with the flips?
Topic Starter
tastelikecoke

tastelikecoke wrote:

Lybydose wrote:

mod: are roles revealed on death? If not, what about alignment?
Role names are revealed. Alignment is also revealed.
So it's Role names and alignment only. The ability and everything will be revealed after the game ends.
Wojjan
SPOILER
always always always always
intermu
Holy shit. Hahahaha, goddamn.

6 dead in one night.

I can't spend a lot of time tonight and tomorrow, I have finals to tend to, so apologies beforehand. Will try my best to keep up though.

So that's 3 town, 1 independent, 1 neutral, 1 secret. Also no more NL.

Bear Grylls and Rebecca Black did make me laugh; now everyone around me thinks I'm a weirdo.

Also we have 2 votes on DxS and bmin, but the one that is lynched is bmin. What
Lybydose
WELL THEN.

Since the person DxS copied was a neutral aligned person named Bear Grylls, it's very likely that he's some sort of Survivor role that wins if he's alive at the end, and it would certainly explain his confusion over his win condition. He might have additional powers, but I doubt they would really be anti-town, probably something that helps himself survive. I don't think it would be best for us to lynch him since there are still an unknown number of mafia running around, and none have died yet.

dkun is probably some sort of self-reviving role, based on the role name.
intermu
Also small observation; if the flavor writing is of any significance, only three is actually confirmed dead (counting out the dunning kruger effect since idk what to make out of it).

but one is messiah, so probably can revive in some way, and the other 2 are just described as "missing".

Anyway, off for the moment, will be checking this next evening.
Rantai
Something has been bugging me: 5 nights kills occurred.

- I suspect Kamina was some sort of protective or pro-town killer type role, if so he may have contributed to the kill count depending on what Kamina actually is (I don't know the character well).

- Of the others, I'm still trying to wrap my head around the Dunning-Kruger effect - was that meant to be a trait where the player grossly overestimates their ability and ends up producing mediocre results? I'm not sure what that would really translate to in terms of abilities...

- Most of the deaths seem to be non-aggressive people/roles (Bear Grylls, Rebecca Black, Tardigarde) and The Messiah, I bet, is a cult leader of some sort. If not, Jesus (see you in 3 days?)

- No mafia were harmed this round so there is at least 1 killer left among us.

- Assuming Kamina was the only killed killer role, there are 2 killer roles that I see so far, leaving 3 unaccounted for. Unless the mafia has 2 killers, or there are 2 families (which would be a scary consideration) but even then, that leaves 2 unaccounted.

Of course, can't rule out that some of those deaths may have occurred when they tried to target someone and got reverse attacked.

- That lynch was suspicious too, there might even be someone who can manipulate ballots.

- DxS (assuming he's not lying) sits as a neutral survivor (can't see Bear Grylls being anything else)

To sum, where does that leave us?

- 11 people; 3-4 killers remaining; 1 ballot manipulator; 5-6 other roles which haven't done much yet; 1 survivor

- 11 people; 2 killers; 1 ballot manipulator; 2 reverse attack roles; 5 others; 1 survivor

- 11 people; Some combination of the above.

Thoughts?
Lybydose
Speculation about other roles:

Mashley (Rebecca Black) was probably a cult leader type role.

Quaraezha was some anime character. I don't know anything about it, but a quick wikipedia search gives me this: "This attitude often manifests itself in dramatic speeches which have the power to rally all those who hear them to his call". It's possible then that he had some sort of super voting lynch power.

Wojjan was the Dunning Kruger Effect, which is a psychological phenomenon in which an unskilled person believes himself to be highly skilled. In short, the person is so bad at something that he believes himself to be good. He may have not even known his powers. He also could have had some ridiculous powers that don't actually work right. Could be anything really.

adam2046 was Tardigrade, a microscopic animal that is able to survive in extreme conditions, such as extreme cold/heat and even the vacuum of space. In other words, I have no idea.
Topic Starter
tastelikecoke

intermu wrote:

Also small observation; if the flavor writing is of any significance, only three is actually confirmed dead (counting out the dunning kruger effect since idk what to make out of it).
Flavor writing is not that significant. those 6 players are confirmed dead dead Dead.
Lybydose
DOUBLEPOST:

Now that I think about it, it seems more likely that bmin's "lynch" was actually triggered by some sort of one shot day-vigilante role whose identity is NOT revealed when he takes the shot.
0_o

Lybydose wrote:

Since the person DxS copied was a neutral aligned person named Bear Grylls, it's very likely that he's some sort of Survivor role that wins if he's alive at the end, and it would certainly explain his confusion over his win condition. He might have additional powers, but I doubt they would really be anti-town, probably something that helps himself survive. I don't think it would be best for us to lynch him since there are still an unknown number of mafia running around, and none have died yet.
The only thing off about this is that Bear Grylls was classified as neutral, while Rebecca Black was independent. I'm not sure if they are the same thing or not, but wouldn't it make more sense for a survivor to be of an independent alignment?
Quaraezha
ROW ROW FIGHT THE POWAH
ANIKI WILL STILL LIVE IN YOUR HEARTS
GOOD LUCK BROS
Lybydose

0_o wrote:

Lybydose wrote:

The only thing off about this is that Bear Grylls was classified as neutral, while Rebecca Black was independent. I'm not sure if they are the same thing or not, but wouldn't it make more sense for a survivor to be of an independent alignment?
Yeah I noticed that. My reasoning is that a neutral character is indifferent towards the various factions. The survivor fits perfectly because he wins if any other faction wins. Contrast this with independent, which suggests a faction of it's own. Unlike the neutral faction, the independent faction is not indifferent towards everyone else. They want everyone else dead and/or recruited to their faction (such as a cult leader).
0_o

Lybydose wrote:

Yeah I noticed that. My reasoning is that a neutral character is indifferent towards the various factions. The survivor fits perfectly because he wins if any other faction wins. Contrast this with independent, which suggests a faction of it's own. Unlike the neutral faction, the independent faction is not indifferent towards everyone else. They want everyone else dead and/or recruited to their faction (such as a cult leader).
Ah right, I forgot that survivors simply need to be alive at the end and not be the last one standing.
LadySuburu
The only thing I'm minorly worried about with DxS is that since Mafia > Town, and Town > Mafia, is it conceivable that Neutral > Independant. and Independant > Neutral?
Kokizi
ok, so no scum was nightkilled. this isn't going so well is it?
NoHitter

Kokizi wrote:

ok, so no scum was nightkilled. this isn't going so well is it?
Well technically scum is the least likely to get nightkilled. After all, scum usually is the one who nightkills.
From the amount of kills over the night, I guess we have multiple people who can kill though.
DeathxShinigami
I'm classified as neutral just to clear that up.

So wait...it doesn't seem like bmin got lynched rather that he got nightkilled instead which makes me think...Could there be roles that could only be nightkilled?
Rantai
Actually I was going to mention that bmin was hanged to death then shot to death some time later. What a champion.

That aside, I'm pretty sure the mod made it clear that he was lynched and the story was just entertainment.
intermu
Took a short break from the books before this escapes my mind:

Haven't checked the vote again, but possibility of someone having 2 votes?
Rantai
If we're talking about bmin...

At most, he had 5 votes on him. It took 9 to lynch.

Basically everyone had to have double votes or someone was worth five in order for a majority lynch to happen like that.
Lybydose

Rantai wrote:

Basically everyone had to have double votes or someone was worth five in order for a majority lynch to happen like that.
or...

Lybydose wrote:

Now that I think about it, it seems more likely that bmin's "lynch" was actually triggered by some sort of one shot day-vigilante role whose identity is NOT revealed when he takes the shot.
0_o
Sooooooo

what do we do now guys
LadySuburu

0_o wrote:

Sooooooo

what do we do now guys
We should get some people in here, and decide on a lynch since there's no no lynch.

Vote: TBTE
Rantai
Speaking of TBTE where did he disappear too?
DeathxShinigami
TBTE = Bad Player?!

Probably the least likely to seriously play this game...
Firo Prochainezo
Probably he forgot about it. woohoo.
0_o
panic
naptime
I got nothing ;_;

I guess I could list off people I semi-kinda-trust for whatever reason? Rantai, Kokizi, 0_o, TBTE, maybe Firo if I'm being generous. I am okay with voting for anybody else. If I am completely wrong then oh well.

About TBTE, I remember checking in at 6/20 to find out if Night had ended. It hadn't, and both TBTE and dkun's last log-in dates were back at 6/18. If the Mafia is communicating by PMs I would imagine they be on more frequently and not simply at the very beginning or very end of Night. Not a good reason I know, but if I had any good reasons I wouldn't be lurking around so much expecting someone actually smart to come up with something.
TBTE
lol my sitting back and letting everyone argue with each other and sit on the other side tactic isn't working,i have been active in this thread but do to my stupidity, I felt like anything i had to say was gonna come out being stupid, so why raise me to be a bad guy, I'd rather just sit here until i get a vote (Which just happened) then come out of the closet (no gay jokes needed).

DeathxShinigami wrote:

TBTE = Bad Player?!

Probably the least likely to seriously play this game...
I am taking this game srsly and check this game everyday. Ty

LadySuburu wrote:

0_o wrote:

Sooooooo

what do we do now guys
We should get some people in here, and decide on a lynch since there's no no lynch.

Vote: TBTE
My I ask why you are voting me before i rush back to my normal troll/stupid self?
TBTE
Double Post

naptime wrote:

About TBTE, I remember checking in at 6/20 to find out if Night had ended. It hadn't, and both TBTE and dkun's last log-in dates were back at 6/18. If the Mafia is communicating by PMs I would imagine they be on more frequently and not simply at the very beginning or very end of Night. Not a good reason I know, but if I had any good reasons I wouldn't be lurking around so much expecting someone actually smart to come up with something.
1st, My mom was hogging the computer for like the last 2 or 3 days and i decided that i didn't have shit to do, I knew it was night, but i wasn't involved in anything having to deal with the Night process, and since tastelikecoke said don't talk about the game anymore I just decided that Nobody would vote me for not talking. I was wrong.

2nd, no i am not that stupid that i don't have a plan to find out who the mafia is, but my plan doesn't kick in till there is less than 7 people in, I don't want another bloodshed, But if i do it now it will make me look more mafia than anything.

EDIT: Panic
Lybydose

TBTE wrote:

I'd rather just sit here until i get a vote (Which just happened) then come out of the closet (no gay jokes needed).

TBTE wrote:

My I ask why you are voting me before i rush back to my normal troll/stupid self?
You just answered this yourself.

EDIT: I edited because my quote tags were broken, sue me.
TBTE

Lybydose wrote:

TBTE wrote:

I'd rather just sit here until i get a vote (Which just happened) then come out of the closet (no gay jokes needed).

TBTE wrote:

You just answered this yourself.

EDIT: I edited because my quote tags were broken, sue me.
Gawd I hate seeing myself type.

Well since i came out can i have the vote removed?
Lybydose
Doublepost

With the little information we have, I'm somewhat suspicious of Firo Prochainezo and DxS (because why did he roleclaim?), although DxS much less so because I think he's just being stupid.

Firo because he initially voted No Lynch with little reasoning (I already explained why a quick day 1 no lynch benefits the mafia), and has generally been playing cautiously since.

Like I said, not much to go on. Most everything from yesterday is just WIFOM stacked on more WIFOM.

TBTE wrote:

but my plan doesn't kick in till there is less than 7 people in, I don't want another bloodshed, But if i do it now it will make me look more mafia than anything.
What? This statement just makes you seem more mafia than carrying out whatever your plan is. You plan to do nothing until there are 7 people left, and then what? Win with your mafia buddies because you outnumber the town? It's the perfect setup.
TBTE

Lybydose wrote:

TBTE wrote:

but my plan doesn't kick in till there is less than 7 people in, I don't want another bloodshed, But if i do it now it will make me look more mafia than anything.
What? This statement just makes you seem more mafia than carrying out whatever your plan is. You plan to do nothing until there are 7 people left, and then what? Win with your mafia buddies because you outnumber the town? It's the perfect setup.
1 problem, My plan still goes weither or not mafia is outnumbered, unless we have won by then ofc, so i don't think it should like i am mafia at all.
and what if i don't have enough "mafia scum" then i am screwed so why even bring it up?

EDIT: Spell Corrections
Sue me
Lybydose
A townie with a power role doesn't randomly show up and say "hey guys I have this amazing power that lets me find a bunch of mafia, but only if there are 7 people remaining, come nightkill me before then guys!"
TBTE

Lybydose wrote:

A townie with a power role doesn't randomly show up and say "hey guys I have this amazing power that lets me find a bunch of mafia, but only if there are 7 people remaining, come nightkill me before then guys!"
I lol'd. It is not a power role, it is a Stratagy, Damn My Spelling, I've been using it and it has won a couple of games for me.
I don't think there is a power role like that.
0_o

TBTE wrote:

Lybydose wrote:

I lol'd. It is not a power role, it is a Stratagy, Damn My Spelling, I've been using it and it has won a couple of games for me.
So you've played a few games before this one?
TBTE

0_o wrote:

TBTE wrote:

So you've played a few games before this one?[/quote]

about 20 games sir, most of them private.
show more