forum

[invalid] [Archived] Beatmaps Become "corrupt"

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Mint Bunny
So, starting a little while ago (i can't remember) a handful of my beatmaps became "corrupt" (When i tried to play them Osu! said "Beat map could not be loaded successfully" then when i=I open the file in editor this errors message pops up (also when i select it in the beatmap selection it says "processing beat map's headers failed, this map is likely corrupt!)

I would usually just click "no" and let osu load what it could, then it wasn't a big problem.
But now the error returns whenever I exit the difficulty a few times, deleting all the changes I made. This became very frustrating, since I had to re-do all the changes over and over again.
How can I stop this from happening? And what exactly does it mean when the headers are corrupt? And is there a way that can i fix it? :o

(note: this has only happened with maps in pending or those not submitted yet on my end)

help please ;^;
Kitsunemimi
Can you try uploading one of the .osu files when you get this error?
Topic Starter
Mint Bunny

Kitsunemimi wrote:

Can you try uploading one of the .osu files when you get this error?
this is one of them (http://osu.ppy.sh/s/16449)

I uploaded it again to see of the problem would leave (it usually does) but it didn't :P

Download: Noriaki Sugiyama - Pub and GO! (Mint Bunny) [Easy].osu
RainbowAshura
Yeah, im having the exact same problem but it occured after mine got an error whe i try to submit it and got the server side error.
TheVileOne
3 years ago.....

The problem means there is corrupted data either in one of your .osu files or a file is named using an invalid character.