forum

How do you handle your mosue?

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
BL4cKguaRD
Hey guys, I'm actually having a big problem when it comes to consistency, especially at faster maps which require alot of mouse movement. The problem isn't really my consistency itself skill wise (reading aiming rythm sense, sure im not perfect but i feel like I'm improving), but more how I hold my mouse. I feel like i can't really fc 5* maps because of my grip and the position of my mouse on the desk. I pretty much just lose my grip and end up without any space on my mosuepad left because I'm too far at the edge of it, I hope you can understand what I mean. So I'm just getting stupid sliderbreaks or like totally missaimed misses which is really frustrating, especially because I feel I'm getting to the point to fc easier 5* maps skill wise. Do you have any tips when it comes to this points? because I feel like I won't fix this problems just by playing. My wrist is lying on the edge of the desk.
clover
If there are pause breaks, you can readjust yourself. There's really no fix to mouse drift.
PinkNightmares
Be conscious of your grip. If your mouse starts slipping readjust before it's too late, usually on the next slider.
Sandy Hoey
If you tend to drift in one direction over time, I would suggest shifting your mouse pad over and starting in that direction because you obviously feel more comfortable in that position anyways. This may mean that you have to shift where your keyboard is to accommodate for your mouse pad, but you can always change the keybindings so that it still feels comfortable
N0thingSpecial
You probably have to consider does your mouse support your mouse grip considering your hand size, I had a deathadder and it was too big for my hand, I was forced to used palm grip and I can't snap maps above 250 BPM, after switching to Logitech g303 I switched back to finger tip grip and I can do what snap 320bpm in extreme situation.

As for mouse drift, I think there's no sure way of minimizing mouse drift, I just FC marathon maps without really adjusting my mouse, I just rest my wrist further in my desk, and get a relatively big mouse pad so when I actually have mouse drift I don't need readjust
My Angel Raphi
Try to keep your wrist on the desk for consistency. And expiriment around with the position of the mouse and see if you can find one thats perfectly comfortable. Its most likely that your comfortable position will be the position that you end up with after drifting. So why not just start there so it doesn't have to drift at all?
dung eater
grabbing it in a way it never slips and having a big enough mousepad
Fxjlk
Give your hand more space to move around. Get a bigger mouse pad and increase the space you have for your mouse on the desk.
Rurree
i have a steelseries qck+ and i can't recall ever experiencing mouse drift

and i play at 400 dpi 1.47x
mulraf
over time it got a bit better over here. on paper a higher dpi / sensitivity should also help since you know - when you don't move your mouse that much the drift should also get decreased, shouldn't it?
Sandy Hoey

mulraf wrote:

over time it got a bit better over here. on paper a higher dpi / sensitivity should also help since you know - when you don't move your mouse that much the drift should also get decreased, shouldn't it?
Technically, but there is still mouse drift, even if it is less. And it can be very hard to get used to playing with high sensitivity. Not impossible though.
Nattsun
I always aim on the top right corner and adjust my mouse like that. Ofcourse you can't do that in the middle of a jump section, but most maps have breaks or at least 2 secs to readjust the mouse.
I Give Up
There are many viable ways to hold mouse and position your arm. Top mouse players have played on floor, planted wrist at edge of desk, play with mouse sideways, hold mouse with only pinky and thumb, etc. Basically just hold the mouse in whatever way is comfortable to you and it does not matter if grip changes while playing. Just don't try to force a style or focus too much on your mouse, instead focus on circle.