forum

Freestyle Mod

posted
Total Posts
This is a feature request. Feature requests can be voted up by supporters.
Current Priority: +0
Topic Starter
Swiftc
Rather than moving our cursor to where the circles are (set locations), we create circles/sliders wherever we click. If we click, a circle appears at the location of our cursor and is hit. If we click and hold, the sliderstart circle appears and is hit, and the slider structure forms based on your cursor movement. I suppose spinners would be disabled, or a hotkey could be designated to create/hit spinners that are not Z/X or whatever two keys a player uses. Since the circles/sliders simultaneously appear and are hit whenever we click, our accuracy would always be 100%.

A player could move his cursor all over the screen and make multiple clicks (whether the player clicks to the beat or not is up to them), and this could emulate the experience of hitting extremely difficulty jumps with impeccable precision. This mod would also just be fun and relaxing, especially if a player uses this mod on a song he/she knows, because the player could create his own rhythm and map without having to go through the actual process of creating a map. I think this mod could be compared to freestyling a drum cover of a song.

However, after a player finishes the map, the player cannot save the map with all the circle and slider placement. The timing would be off since the notes appear and are hit whenever a player clicks; the notes are not snapped to a timeline. Also, since this would be the "Freestyle Mod", saviing the map and replaying it would have no purpose because this experience would be simply be like playing a regular beatmap since the circles/sliders are already in set locations and timings.
Sandy Hoey
So basically you are requesting something that is completely useless? There is no difficulty and it isn't something you can apply to a difficulty because it completely changes everything and is just based on the song. Mu suggestion, play a song while drawing on a piece of paper. basically what you are asking for
Topic Starter
Swiftc

Sandy Hoey wrote:

So basically you are requesting something that is completely useless? There is no difficulty and it isn't something you can apply to a difficulty because it completely changes everything and is just based on the song. Mu suggestion, play a song while drawing on a piece of paper. basically what you are asking for
This wouldn't apply to a difficulty; it would apply to a mapset. And playing a song while drawing on a piece of paper is completely different from what I suggested. You don't have the same visuals, and there are no effects.
dunois
so its basically mapping, but youre playing it. so mapping on the go?

i could see something like this but how would it work if you tried to "map" outside the play area
Sandy Hoey

Dunois wrote:

If that is the intent, there have already been many, many request for that feature in standard before and already exists for Taiko and Mania. But the OP is about a mod, which I still firmly believe is just plain useless and does not follow the intent of the game at all.

Your Good Self wrote:

t/106901
t/125730
t/161217
also t/164298
Topic Starter
Swiftc

Sandy Hoey wrote:

Dunois wrote:

If that is the intent, there have already been many, many request for that feature in standard before and already exists for Taiko and Mania. But the OP is about a mod, which I still firmly believe is just plain useless and does not follow the intent of the game at all.

Your Good Self wrote:

t/106901
t/125730
t/161217
also t/164298
It wouldn't give any pp or anything. It'd be a mod for fun, like relax, auto, or target practice.
Sandy Hoey

Swiftc wrote:

It wouldn't give any pp or anything. It'd be a mod for fun, like relax, auto, or target practice.
What do you mean by target practice?
Swerro
What do you mean by target practice?
It's a mod only available on cutting edge (video example)

About this feature:

I'd love to see more unranked fun 'arcade'-ish mods in osu!, Like Relax, Autopilot, Target Practice sort of are at the time.
I'm talking about seeing stuff like Wobbling, First Person, -infinite AR mod, etc.

However I can't really see myself or others having fun with this Freestyle Mod. Maybe mess around with it once or twice but never touching it again afterwards.
I wouldn't mind if this Freestyle Mod would be implemented in the game, but it'd be like least priority, you see:
There are just so many other things to use my feature votes on.
Chrli
So basically you want a mod to map on the go, while most people would probably just get bored in seconds. All it really is, is just spamming circles and sliders on the screen, wherever you want. You could literally just do that on the mapping edit page in-game. Just press play, then start clicking. Idk, I see this more useless than anything personally but then again im not the judge of what gets added.

Other things you could do which are similar to this idea:

Use the mapping in-game.
Grab a pen, get paper, play autopilot. As you play, use the pen as if you would a tablet or mouse. Drag, if tablet. You would be playing the song on pc with autopilot but technically making your own view for it as you feel comfortable, or just play as if you're copying all movement on screen. This would be funny to see the picture you end up with after actually lol.

Random ideas ^.
h3oCharles
Simply said - In-game mapping.

If that would've been a mod, spawning circles/slider anywhere you want would rather be an unranked thing, because you will possibly get 300/geki every single time.
Also universal offset might help people, and stuff like ignored beatmap skin, dim100%, if you want to make lots of jumps very far away and be almost-perfect.

Cursordance bot anyone btw? xD

Support!
Sandy Hoey

TheMadCharles wrote:

Simply said - In-game mapping.

If that would've been a mod, spawning circles/slider anywhere you want would rather be an unranked thing, because you will possibly get 300/geki every single time.
Also universal offset might help people, and stuff like ignored beatmap skin, dim100%, if you want to make lots of jumps very far away and be almost-perfect.

Cursordance bot anyone btw? xD

Support!
His idea was not meant to be for mapping. And if you want to support free mapping like that thee are a lot of other request for it.

Your Good Self wrote:

t/106901
t/125730
t/161217
also t/164298