forum

Ability for the spectated to talk to the spectators [added]

posted
Total Posts
This is a feature request. Feature requests can be voted up by supporters.
Current Priority: +10
Topic Starter
OzzyOzrock
Say you're being spectated by 20 people, and someone asks you to play their map, which isn't submitted yet, rather than PM everyone the link and stuff, you could make it show up on the screen, where people can all read it/click on it, so they know what to do.

Or if you're about to try something cool, but it just looks like you suck, you could explain that you're playing with your nose or something.
Waryas
A #spectator lobby please.
KRZY
Interesting, but low priority
Luna
Wanted to request exactly the same thing.
I don't even know how often I had to PM people to inform them that I *just* switched from mouse to tablet+keyboard and thus couldn't even properly beat Hard maps orz
Granted, I'm only spectated by a very limited number of people, but it's still annoying.
Mukku
Been requested before. Mukku has no idea why it was rejected.
Lunah_old
This chat can be helpful only for cookiezi's spectators, LOL

also, supporting, +1 invisible star
Wishy
Support for the #spectators lobby.

A general lobby for "people spectating" apart from the "user X spectators room" would be cool. Sometimes out of boredom I start looking if somebody is playing anything interesting, or getting a pro top score or whatever, having a room like that to say hey is there anything interesting going on or to talk about what's someone playing would be great. I know #osu could be used for this but spamming with "hey did you see X he's doing DT on XXX" and talking about it would be annoying for people talking about anything else.
Metro
My idea of spectator chat:

When a group of people are spectating a friend they can talk between each other AND with the player. The player joins his spectator chat by default.
FireballFlame
I support that, as a chat tab that automatically opens itself when spectating/being spectated.
It would link the player to their spectators, and the spectators to each other.
zsr123
support
Oblimix
I would like this as well.
Would be more enjoyable.
YodaSnipe
yes plox
Kurokami
not a bad idea. o.o
Jenny
*necro

Still do want ;_;
(I think of a kind of IRC-room created for every player which spectators are being able to join when starting spectating and in which the player can invite people him-/herself)
Shiro
Not sure I understand this. If you want to talk with the player, just PM them.

So I guess this asks a chat room in which all people who are spectating can talk together... and with the player. In this case, I don't really see why it would be useful, but I definitely support it as a fun addition.
Aurele
It should be lot more better if we could do Group chat instead of only having it for Spectating.
YodaSnipe

Odaril wrote:

Not sure I understand this. If you want to talk with the player, just PM them.

So I guess this asks a chat room in which all people who are spectating can talk together... and with the player. In this case, I don't really see why it would be useful, but I definitely support it as a fun addition.
The point is that instead of talking to 5-50 spectators individually, you can respond/talk with ALL of them at once.
Sonez_old
As someone who spectates daily, I'd support this. Would be really neat to have a room for spectators to discuss things.
Drafura
Supporting, for linking a non submited map this could be magic.

And for the submitted beatmaps maybe this could "auto/np" to non supporter spectators wich doesn't have the beatmap.
F e r l e y
I think that something like #spec-lobby is usefull to comunicate with spectators, meanwhile there should be something like screen chat for that player (not to chat with) for anouncing reasons or some kind interactions between the player and their spectators (when there's many) :D
bomber34
I think this is added now :3
At least when i see the changelog
Wishy
This has been added now, guess this thread should be moved.
Nitojgrem
I think this request is as well cleared now that #spectator got added...
Edit: Well, lol, it got mentioned twice before >>" I guess this actually should be moved then :D