forum

Change background of beatmap effects multiplayer?

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
iiHugglez
I'm just wondering...if you change the background of a beatmap...will it effect in the multiplayer mode. For example, you have the same beatmap but your bgs are different, can the two still play together?
Louis Cyphre
can the two still play together?
Yes.
Colin Hou
No, it won't effect MP. As long as the .osu files are the same as the ranked version, you can even play a map with different mp3/ogg and different SB (only if the SB codes are in the .osb)

btw you can even add video to a map (this means it don't have one at first) by editing/creating a .osb file.

ps: I think when you say 'change', you mean 'replace'. so make sure the files' title and extension are the same.
3rd Coast

Colin Hou wrote:

you can even add video to a map (this means it don't have one at first) by editing/creating a .osb file.
Sorry for the noob question and for reviving this thread, but how would you go about doing this via .osb file (or where can I read up on doing this)?

I tried adding an video background to a single difficulty on a ranked beatmap (via In-game editor > Design > Insert Background) but when I save this it modifies the local .osu file, which prevents ranked play (as the .osu it differs from the one on the server)

I've briefly read some of the FAQs and related discussion threads, but I have no experience in beatmapping so it is most likely that something has gone right over my head :(
Shiirn
Copy the data that appears in the .osu

plop it in the .osb

revert the .osu to the original

profit