forum

What tablet to choose?

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
XEPCOH
In 2 weeks I'll have my 14th birthday!! :lol: :lol: And my mom agreed to buy me a tablet. But I don't know what to choose. :( Can you help me with choosing??? :) :shock:
P.S. Price lower than 145$////
excellions
wacom bamboo tablet
TKiller
If you're buying it for drawing, I'm pretty sure you could fine a better forum to ask this question.

If you're buying it to play osu!, then I'd suggest spending these 145 bucks on something more necessary since you sound like this amount of money is big for you.
Leader
Wacom Bamboo Pen.
Vext_old

excellions wrote:

wacom bamboo tablet
+1
Void
Pretty much the Wacom Bamboo Pen. It's certainly not the best tablet available, but it's fairly reasonable in price and does its job.
Topic Starter
XEPCOH
Thanks!!! :) :)
Komarimono
Glad I saw this. I was wondering if tablets were legal since I bought one to bring my work home lol.

Feels almost like cheating compared to using my mouse, cleared maps I never could before with a tablet that made me struggle with a mouse. :D
Corin
Nah, or the Compaq TC1100

TabletPC with bad spec's but perfect for osu!

Never gives me problems.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/HP_Compaq_TC1100
Topic Starter
XEPCOH

Corin wrote:

Nah, or the Compaq TC1100

TabletPC with bad spec's but perfect for osu!

Never gives me problems.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/HP_Compaq_TC1100

How much does it cost? 200$? 300$?
Corin
Mmmm...

http://cgi.ebay.com/HP-Compaq-TC1100-XP ... 3367ef614d

Bam
Thats a deal right there bro~
Daru
I find tablet PC's to be very tough to use for osu!.

There is a lag between when you click and when it displays on the screen. Whether this lag is from the screen, from your input, or whatever, it's far more noticeable when you expect instantaneous clicking upon tapping the pen, but instead get a click after a few milliseconds. This may not sound like a lot, and it works fine for other applications, but for a rhythm game it can throw you off quite a bit.

I personally play with an Intuos3, and I play by listening to hitsounds. If the volume of a song is low and I can hear the taps of my pen on the tablet, they are so out-of-sync that I have to consciously compensate instead of subconsciously compensating by just playing by hitsounds.

That said, the Bamboo Pen is a nice choice for your price range, but you may also want to look into second-hand models of Intuos3 or Graphire3/4 tablets, the former if actual performance with drawing is of concern, the latter if price is of greater concern.
Nekoroll

Daru wrote:

I find tablet PC's to be very tough to use for osu!.

There is a lag between when you click and when it displays on the screen. Whether this lag is from the screen, from your input, or whatever, it's far more noticeable when you expect instantaneous clicking upon tapping the pen, but instead get a click after a few milliseconds. This may not sound like a lot, and it works fine for other applications, but for a rhythm game it can throw you off quite a bit.

I personally play with an Intuos3, and I play by listening to hitsounds. If the volume of a song is low and I can hear the taps of my pen on the tablet, they are so out-of-sync that I have to consciously compensate instead of subconsciously compensating by just playing by hitsounds.

That said, the Bamboo Pen is a nice choice for your price range, but you may also want to look into second-hand models of Intuos3 or Graphire3/4 tablets, the former if actual performance with drawing is of concern, the latter if price is of greater concern.
^ This right here.

I'm also an Intuos3 user and, while expensive, can be a great tool for those who like to draw and play. Bamboos are much more affordable and practically geared toward the mainstream market. They are pretty to look at and very sleek, which is what is trendy these days.

I've played using a touchscreen monitor and tabletPC and yes, there is definitely much more delay than using a normal tablet and for someone who plays the game a little more than just the casual "I'll play whenever I'm bored," I wouldn't seriously play the game on a touch device.
Corin
Meh, I snapped my original stylus that came with the tabelt and orderd a Wacom Gateway Executive.

It's god tier imo.
Pereira006

excellions wrote:

wacom bamboo tablet
+2
KRZY
Wacom Bamboo (Cookiezi) or Wacom Graphire 4 (myself) are the ones I recommend.

But please do me a favor and make sure you can FC insanes before you switch over to tablet. Otherwise it's nearly meaningless.
Nekoroll

KRZY wrote:

But please do me a favor and make sure you can FC insanes before you switch over to tablet. Otherwise it's nearly meaningless.
Silly KRZY. Btw, The Graphire 4 pen looks much more comfortable to me than the Bamboo one just because of the cushion on it. lol

I started with a tablet from day one when I played Normals with tons of misses and still use tablet now when I FC Insanes. It really is just what you're more comfortable using and how well you pick the game up although from looking at your stats, OmAr97, you seem like you're gotten accustomed to the game a bit. I'd say go for it.
Topic Starter
XEPCOH
May be I choose Bamboo Pen&Touch ;) I'd like to have a tablet with touchscreen on it :D And it costs only 140$ in Ukraine///
And Cookie has it. (Insanity pupil :D :D :D :D :D )
Ayeen_old

excellions wrote:

wacom bamboo tablet
+3
Hark

excellions wrote:

wacom bamboo tablet
+4

Nekoroll wrote:

KRZY wrote:

Silly KRZY. Btw, The Graphire 4 pen looks much more comfortable to me than the Bamboo one just because of the cushion on it. lol

I started with a tablet from day one when I played Normals with tons of misses and still use tablet now when I FC Insanes. It really is just what you're more comfortable using and how well you pick the game up although from looking at your stats, OmAr97, you seem like you're gotten accustomed to the game a bit. I'd say go for it.
i started using a tablet because my mouse was terrible, and i also sucked at songs even on normal. now i can fc insanes quite easily. it's just how quickly you pick up the game imo, and some people still prefer to use a mouse over a tablet. just remember that a mouse is not a handicap (i mean, look at doosmday :P)