forum

[Bubbled] Cady Groves - This Little Girl

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Sonnyc
Url: https://osu.ppy.sh/s/525016

Do you think the approach circle here is an acceptable skin?
The skin contains some red colors as a default, and I've got some problem discerning different comboes.
Chaoslitz
The idea is good, but I doubt if it is blended too much with the storyboard during kiai time, the dark combo colour also decrease the brightness of the approach circle and affects the readability
Seijiro
I'm more worried about the map than the skin <.<

EDIT: ops, I saw the title and I assumed it was another map lol.
I was referring to another mapset with my comment, sorry :p

EDIT 2: this mapset is objectively right yet subjectively so wrong.
I personally don't agree on the fact the mapper cut the song to just 1 minute while the entire song is 3 and past minutes.
It's moreover a ENH set. I'm obviously not against those mapsets but if I put it together with the cut they made, the word that comes to my mind is "lazy".

I can understand the mapper maybe didn't have the time for a longer project but in all honesty such mapset doesn't provide pp, doesn't provide a challenge and it doesn't provide a particularly "artistic" expression of the song either, so what was the purpose of it?
If it was just for the SB, then they could as well just linked their work on the userpage imo <.<

But yeah... ~ personal thoughts ~

PS: the approach circle is fine imo. The reverse arrow not so much. It kinda blends in with the hitcircle overlay, making it hard to see (in particular 00:40:704 (5) - this one, which is clearly forcing a flow which isn't natural on the player)

Side notes:
on Advanced:
- 00:25:304 (7) - this should have been 2 circles instead (the song is pumping the same way on both beats, but we know how a slider works, right?) (this applies to all diffs)
- 00:27:704 (5) - at least a bit of attention on details would have been appreciated too. These slider ends aren't in the song so they should be silenced (it's also the only 3/4 slider in the whole diff. Is there a need for it, I wonder?)

on Intermediate:
- 00:27:704 (4,5) - I would have preferred a constant 1/1 rhythm instead, since vocals are too strange imo
- 00:44:904 (4,1) - I wouldn't play so much with different sort of stacks on a Normal diff. 1/2 stacks are more common on this diff, which makes it highly un-readable imo
- 01:08:904 (3,4,5,6) - I don't remember seeing so many 1/2 clicks in a row before. The slider starting on a red tick triggers me too somehow, since 01:09:304 (5) - is far stronger in the song
- 01:15:504 (4) - just small details, but since this is outside of the kiai time and it also gives off a "different vibe" than 01:14:704 (2) - and similar, I would have changed its shape, but oh well

on Beginner:
- 00:35:704 (1,2) - they could just avoid this ugly stuff and make something like this which is cleaner. breaking DS there is more than fine since it doesn't alter reading
- 01:15:904 (2) - imo this doesn't need to be clicked at all, but whatever. At least not on this difficulty

Also, combo colors are not suitable imo: grey combo colors are too similar considering also the skinning based on grey scales. Those combos need something else, otherwise I can't tell when a combo starts and when the other ends, unless I go near the screen and stare at that small different quantity of light :v
The effect worsens up when played with less display dim btw, so even more reasons to change them (dunno to what, since any color makes no sense in the SB afterwards)
The reverse arrow should just be a non-empty circle, so you can clearly differentiate it from the usual hitcircle

EDIT 3: ah damn, I modded this here.
Just redirect the mapper here~
Topic Starter
Sonnyc
Seems it's qualified now!
Aurele
Moved to archive

Thank you!