forum

Spinners not restoring enough life? [Resolved in b121]

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
ZZT the Fifth
I noticed something while I was playing my Black Sheep beatmap. I ran out of life immediately after 300'ing a short spinner because my lifebar was running down the whole time, with the spinner not keeping my lifebar up or restoring it at all. This might have been because the HP drain rate was set fairly high... Perhaps the amount of life a spinner restores should be dependent on the HP drain rate or something?
Echo
I've noticed this for a long time, but never told peppy about it. I reckon it's dropping too fast as well.

In the original game, you can gain life during spinners. I have never done that before in Osu!. Also, I *think* you gain more HP for each spin when you're onto bonus points.
peppy
Yeah - I've been considering this too. I'll look at it tonight. Also placing an upper limit on spinner scores.
Kylecito

peppy wrote:

Yeah - I've been considering this too. I'll look at it tonight. Also placing an upper limit on spinner scores.
10k seems reasonable enough.
because of the "spinning strategies" some people kinda abuse this. coughcough*eyup*cough
eyup

Kylecito wrote:

10k seems reasonable enough.
because of the "spinning strategies" some people kinda abuse this. coughcough*eyup*cough
That don't work no more! I have to spin like a peasant now :mrgreen: ... although it is still quite possible to get 100k bonus on that Yiruma song.
Kylecito
so what was your way of doing it? i'm pretty curious ;P
awp
Me too, actually. Was there some kind of axis line you could just constantly jump left-right-left-right over or something?
peppy
Thing is... AFAIK nothing has changed? (in the code at least)
eyup
peppy changed the spinner code aaaages ago so I haven't been doing the 1-pixel hack for ages. If you want to see how I used to do it, watch the youtube video of Can't Defeat Airman...

Now, I find it's much more effective........ to just go nuts with the mouse. :mrgreen: