forum

BPM Calculator

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
MachineWise
After about 5 days of fiddling around with python and various python engines i created a very simple bpm calculator. Current input options are zx left and right mouse click and x/left mouse click. The ball was put there out of boredom it goes faster the faster your bpm is lol. its 200mb due to the fact that it contains a copy of python and the engie i used ( as most people dont have pyton installed) enjoy :D.

it will stop calculating after 20 seconds.

to run it just go to the start menu and look for BpmCalculator/play BPMClaclulator (still trying to figure out how to make a desktop icon)

part1 : http://www.mediafire.com/?ern3rfp8zb3cews
part2 : http://www.mediafire.com/?6c7dy3vb8btzykf

and heres a pic to show its virus free :D:

EDIT: I created the app myself but the idea came from another user who created a console based one that did not support mouse clicks. If anyone could find that thread id love to put a link here to give credit to the user who made it. I cant seems to find it D:
Piotrekol
>200mb just to test fingers
>megaupload
>no way to change buttons

no

/edit
> not working(black screen and shut down after a 2-3s)
NO
/me runs

flips30240 wrote:

im going to add custom key mapping
:3 you should map all keyboard buttons(that can be mape'd) not only a-z (this: ←↑↓ → etc.)
Topic Starter
MachineWise
Lil harsh, i see nothing wrong with megaupload D: and im going to add custom key mapping among various other things like a metronome. I figured i would throw it out there to see is it would even be worth my time to continue it. I guess i got my answer

edit: really?
edit: its trying to load a non existent model lol. ill need to fix that XD
edit: changed model path, should work now. will change megaupload link shortly
dkun

flips30240 wrote:

Lil harsh, i see nothing wrong with megaupload D: and im going to add custom key mapping among various other things like a metronome. I figured i would throw it out there to see is it would even be worth my time to continue it. I guess i got my answer

edit: really?
edit: its trying to load a non existent model lol. ill need to fix that XD
edit: changed model path, should work now. will change megaupload link shortly
mediafire or something that doesn't make you wait, or even just grab puush and make all our lives easier.

but this is a good start. :P
Topic Starter
MachineWise
downloading push now. Will replace megaupload with puush :D
ddrXero64
I agree with mediafire, more so with puush. If you use a mediafire mirror though, split it evenly in two. You have over 200 MB, and it would be a little annoying to see a 200 MB file and a 26.92 MB file, but it's your choice.

As dkun said, good start.
Topic Starter
MachineWise
not using puush as the total account storage for free users is 200mb lol, will go mediafire

EDIT: ok links are up, would love some ideas/feedback on it :D since it requires an install i might as well make it worth installing, amirite?
Ijah_old
Seems interesting, one thing though, perhaps you could upload a copy without python bundled with it for people who have the runtimes installed already (such as myself).
Topic Starter
MachineWise
i would but you would need to add a panda.pth in your python installation directory to tell your copy of python where panda3d (the engine i used, also panda3d is compiled to be used with only python 2.6.3 so far. any other versions of python wont work) is. Its definitely a possibility but in all honesty im not completely sure how to exclude python with the installation creater im using, if you really wanted to all you would have to do is delete the python folder in the installation directory and add a panda.pth inside your current python installation(the panda.pth should look like C:/BPMCalculator/bin). The copy of python included shouldn't interfere with the copy you already have.
Ephemeral
use py2exe
Topic Starter
MachineWise

Ephemeral wrote:

use py2exe
i would still need to bundle panda3d with it and py2exe is extremely confusing last time i used it lol. Ill look into it again tho :D
Ephemeral
then remove the superfluous ball thing and just distribute the calculator itself
Topic Starter
MachineWise
the calculator itself uses panda3d. To even create a windowed app that registers right clicks some form of an api needs to be used alongside python(from my knowledge at least).
Waryas
you can make a console based one that support key mapping, mouse click etc in about 100 line of C and the .exe will only be 30KB a most.
Seems like a waste to me.
Topic Starter
MachineWise
jesus im closing this thread, im getting too much shit over this
Topic Starter
MachineWise

JesusYamato wrote:

you can make a console based one that support key mapping, mouse click etc in about 100 line of C and the .exe will only be 30KB a most.
Seems like a waste to me.
ok lemme see it, and fyi ive never ever ever ever ever heard of a terminal/console app with mouse support. Prove me wrong, please.
aevv_old
#include <Windows.h>
GetAsyncKeyState(VK_LBUTTON) or VK_RBUTTON
Topic Starter
MachineWise
thats no longer a console app, its a windowed one.
aevv_old
no

#include <Windows.h>
#include <iostream>

int main(int argc, char* argv[]){
while (1) {
if (GetAsyncKeyState(VK_LBUTTON)) {
std::cout << "lclick";
}
}
return 0;
}

obviously needs more to be of any use
Topic Starter
MachineWise
whatever thread closed, ill be sure to not share any of my projects here from now on
Waryas
I didn't mean to diss you or anything but 200MB for a freaking BPM calculator, what were you thinking????
Using just the GetASyncKeystate api, you can code a bpm calculator in console mode that can support key binding, mouse and keyboard in less than 30min of code/100lines of code.
Using a 3D python library is way over the top for a project like this.
Topic Starter
MachineWise
Can a mod remove this thread plz, thanks :D