forum

aquabluu's Taiko Maps (Taiko Trials Five)

posted
Total Posts
show more
crystalsuicune
Wait better define it properly.
Are you referring to cards only used to token credits,or actual -Bana Passports-?
There's a HUGE difference.

If it's the latter...

I WILL SPAZ OUT.

AND WILL FORGIVE NAMCO FOR WHATEVER STUFF I'VE BEEN MIFFED WITH THEM

Anyways...
t/5397/start=12225
Rereading our reaction to Wii4 release whee
tetsutaro
First :(
I wish it was actual Banapassport but instead they are lame swiping extensions (It's not even beepy ones like Octopus cards)
For now enjoy the irony that uber-HD uber-banapassport-using Tekken machines right opposite the Taiko cabinets

Wait, are you implying OLDER CABINETS CAN BE ADDED A BANAPASSPORT READER?

WTC NWP+ Y U NO put AC0 in place of that MGG2
(Both has Extreme MGG *** and Music Revolver and Saitama 2000)
crystalsuicune
NO WAY

KEEP MGG2,REPLACE KEYBOARDMANIA WITH TAIKO TROOPERS/KATSU-DON

AND BRING SENGOKU RETSUDEN BACK

AND GIMME TRICORO

And no,those money card thingies are NOWHERE THE SAME AS BANA-PASSPORTS.

THE LATTER NEEDS NETWORK SUPPORT

IT'S NOT A SIMPLE MATTER OF ADDING A CARD READER

GOD
tetsutaro
Topic Starter
aquabluu
The money card things are annoying. I like old fashioned coins better.

SO CLOSE. SO FUCKING CLOSE. AND THE MISS WASN'T EVEN ON MY REGULAR COMBOBREAKERS IT WAS A STUPID MISTAKE ON AN EASY CLUSTER DFJVSBKJFVBFJVBKAFBAUYHblsOUGBFLUGB

Lokamp

crystalsuicune wrote:

Anyways...
t/5397/start=12225
Rereading our reaction to Wii4 release whee
Lol I was whining (as always) for all the revivals
Then I realized how that was meant to be a 'Best Of'-esque collection, so I lived with that.

...besides, at least that game had ONLY one shitty Miku song... D:
tetsutaro
Final note about the money card (other than "it sucks"):
Reader installed = no more use of coins when conversion starts = you must buy the card
Very familiar... just like the Japanese counterparts.
More update when they finally do it and when I got the card.

J-POP batch 2 reupload by the end of this week.
SPOILER
Kiba: MIS Group project proposal dues Oct 26th
Kekawa: Marketing Group case dues Oct 26th
Koinu: Accounting assignment dues Oct 26th
>:( I hate when you three are right.
crystalsuicune
In that case…meh.

*yawns*Call me when they have KATSU-DON/PnM/Tricoro
Coro
I'm perfectly fine with the card system over in Singapore though.

Plus I have MVP status on my card. 10% off all games liek a boss~
betawatcher
As somebody who has only played on the arcade with traditional coin tokens, I have no comment. XD
crystalsuicune
Unrelated

OMG GOLI

WHY HAVEN'T I NOTICED THIS SOONER

MZD MZD MZD MZD MZD MZD MZD MZD MZD AAAAAAAAAAAAAA

OK I'm done.Carry on with whatever you're doing
betawatcher

crystalsuicune wrote:

Unrelated

OMG GOLI

WHY HAVEN'T I NOTICED THIS SOONER

MZD MZD MZD MZD MZD MZD MZD MZD MZD AAAAAAAAAAAAAA

OK I'm done.Carry on with whatever you're doing
MZD WHY SO COOL 。゚(゚ノД`゚)゚。 inb4 only girls being all over MZD
crystalsuicune
Huh,never thought MZD'll fit GOLI's usual art style. (but then he's often said to have an evil smirk or something so yeah)

Still liked MAYA more than GOLI though.*turntable'd*
Yuzeyun
WinDEU did into IIDX again

now I want to map Bad Maniacs

crystal do you have the long ver as mp3 ?
tetsutaro
The only good thing is I don't have to carry so many coins when I can't finish them.
And that I can finally hide better (Taiko arcade is still a secret guilty pleasure)
Also I can finally enjoy the $100 for 120 coins offer. That's like 5 more credit or 15 more songs.

CoroQuetz wrote:

I'm perfectly fine with the card system over in Singapore though.

Plus I have MVP status on my card. 10% off all games liek a boss~
I WANT DISCOUNT TOO AR
*coughs* No wait the $100 for 120 coins offer is better (=17% off)
anongos

tetsutaro wrote:

(Taiko arcade is still a secret guilty pleasure)
Why? There's nothing to be ashamed of.
tetsutaro
Everyone knows I play Taiko on osu! and DS
But few know I also go to arcades :)
anongos
I fail to see how that constitutes as a guulty pleasure.
tetsutaro
Well yeah, actually. Kinda absurd calling it guilty.
Still secret though, to my IRL circles

EDIT: J-POP (batch 2)
  1. 365 Nichi no Love Story..osz
  2. Himawari.osz
  3. Umiyuki.osz
  4. Ring a Ding Dong.osz
  5. Tsubomi.osz
  6. Ai no Uta.osz
  7. Omatsuri Ninja.osz
  8. Mata Aimashou.osz
  9. Shuuchishin.osz
crystalsuicune

_Gezo_ wrote:

Errrrr I only have this right now

But I'll extract the mp3 later on

@Tetsu
Meh,like I would care whether my IRL peeps know I play rhythm games (those in university don't)
After all,I've got you guys!And I know a couple more of rhythm game players on Plurk as well
dj M2fiesta

_Gezo_ wrote:

Unrelated but I could give you the full version of Bad Maniacs if you want. Screw it, here's the download link if anyone cares. :U
By the way, this seems like an interesting project or something. :v

http://www.mediafire.com/?cl1w56zym600soj
tetsutaro
^ Yay new guy. That makes me newest guy no more.

If I have time I might reupload a batch of Game Music today.
crystalsuicune

dj M2fiesta wrote:

_Gezo_ wrote:

Unrelated but I could give you the full version of Bad Maniacs if you want. Screw it, here's the download link if anyone cares. :U
By the way, this seems like an interesting project or something. :v

http://www.mediafire.com/?cl1w56zym600soj
Thanks!

While you're at it,got a link to the EMPRESS soundtr-*dragged off*
betawatcher

crystalsuicune wrote:

Meh,like I would care whether my IRL peeps know I play rhythm games (those in university don't)
After all,I've got you guys!And I know a couple more of rhythm game players on Plurk as well
yay :) My close friends know I frequent arcades, but it's not something I'd usually reveal to others. I'm quite public about it on fb though (but most people won't know what I'm talking about)
tetsutaro

betawatcher wrote:

yay :) My close friends know I frequent arcades, but it's not something I'd usually reveal to others. I'm quite public about it on fb though (but most people won't know what I'm talking about)
+1.
crystalsuicune
But still,I don't get why you call it a guilty pleasure.
There's nothing bad or strange about playing rhythm games in the arcade.
Nobody said you're only allowed to like/do things your friends like/do
anongos

crystalsuicune wrote:

But still,I don't get why you call it a guilty pleasure.
There's nothing bad or strange about playing rhythm games in the arcade.
Nobody said you're only allowed to like/do things your friends like/do
This. I don't really care about hiding it. In fact, pretty much everyone who knows me IRL knows that I'm a big Taiko, IIDX, and PnM fan. They also know I love going to the arcade to play these games and would give up a kidney just to have a Taiko AC nearby.

Also I'm finding myself looping ALL MY TURN for pretty much a week now. Holy shit that second part is epic.

@Beta: Tell me how the controller feels. I'm curious.
crystalsuicune
You know,before I turned 16,I used to go to this other arcade for Taiko (the same one with those old-skool arcades and the overpriced Taiko machines)
My parents did know later on,but they seem to be pretty cool about it.
As for IRL peeps,my secondary school classmates knew I play Taiko as well.

My parents also know I go to WTC,but I've switched to other arcades only cuz WTC no longer has PnM,nor does it have IIDX either hurr

But yeah,I find it pretty normal to play on the arcade.Nothing to feel weird about.
tetsutaro

crystalsuicune wrote:

My parents did know later on,but they seem to be pretty cool about it.
Mine aren't, by the looks of it. That's the main problem.
Plus I had made some trouble in talking them into buying 3DS + Taiko 3DS a few months back.
They have been worrying about bad people all my life. No reason to freak them out even more with me going to arcades alone.
(They did not have problem when there's a teacher around though)

crystalsuicune wrote:

You know,before I turned 16,I used to go to this other arcade for Taiko (the same one with those old-skool arcades and the overpriced Taiko machines)
Worse still, I started going to WTC regularly only THIS SUMMER, and they still show a high probability of freaking out.

Though I haven't been actually hiding it very specifically, with all the reports and discussion here and a few mention of playing arcade in my Xanga blog.
Also my blister was found out a few days back, and I kinda avoided the topic with "I dunno".
crystalsuicune
Nigga you're 19,you're already an -undergrad-,not a kid.Put matters in your own hands.Save up and buy that shit yourself.

HK is pretty darn safe,and you're not going anywhere dangerous (WTC is actually very clean+safe for an arcade dammit,I'm been to those horribly smoky ones you know)Why bloody worry about something this trivial

Hold on a minute.

>Xanga

Holy shit when was the last time I heard of that term

It's like...I dunno,the same status as Myspace nowadays?
anongos
It feels weird seeing crystal say nigga.

And I started buying shit myself ever since I turned 17. My parents know I spend quite a bit of money, but as long as I remember to save and not go overboard they don't really mind. (Well, they kind of do, but I keep buying stuff anyway so I think they gave up. lol)

Like crystal said, save up and buy it yourself. Your old enough to be able to make decisions like this.

Also it's no use hiding things from your parents. They probably freak out because you keep hiding stuff that really shouldn't be hidden in the first place. They think, if you're not being open, you're probably hiding something from them that's worth freaking out about.

I mean, whenever I decide to go for a trip to the arcade or to campus (I live like 30 miles away from my school), I just go and tell them what I'm planning, and that's that. As long as I don't do any stupid shit, it's okay.
AxelHino
Dude, EVERYBODY knows that I play taiko ac. The only thing I hide is playing DDR, and that's not really a strict hide. Here, arcades aren't really the places where people thinks it's a bad place to be. And I'm still 13 anyways, so I usually go while my parents are shopping/whatever.
crystalsuicune
Also used to buy stuff myself.

Stuff like,well,an NDSL (eventually loses it by accident,but my parents bought me one anyways cuz I did well in exams)
Mah old iPod (Gen 2->Gen 4->Swapped with mom's iPod touch->Got dad's iPhone since he's switching to a Galaxy S2)
Mah earphones
Books (Discworld <3)
Some Taiko vidya (Wii stuff,I DL the NDS ones)
Albums (Donderful,Lincle OST,Rainbow Rainbow,PnM20 OST)
Mah E-Amusement card

So yeah *shrug*

As for arcades...like what I said,started going to arcades when I'm....15?14?I forgot.
Mostly when I've got spare time+I'm supposed to be outside anyways
I don't have to worry so much about that nowadays,only concern is that I often only get to leave the campus in the evening,when the arcades are pretty crowded.Good thing I can go in around noon every Thursday now (MK88's almost deserted by that time lol)
tetsutaro
No problem with buying books and earphones and stuff.
(I did want to buy a Puffy Amiyumi album but, you know, they are not very popular in HK)

The only thing that bothers them is moar game consoles and electronic products than one.
Weird parenting.

crystalsuicune wrote:

I don't have to worry so much about that nowadays,only concern is that I often only get to leave the campus in the evening,when the arcades are pretty crowded.Good thing I can go in around noon every Thursday now (MK88's almost deserted by that time lol)
That's why I go during my 3-hour lunch gap (or canyon)
Imagine 12A, 11, 12.5 and 14 all free (include MGG2 if you like).

BTW is there a AC13 in HK (HK Island preferrably)? I want to play Kidaruma 2000 :P
crystalsuicune
Only place I know is apm *shrug*
AC13 can be a bit hard to find here,especially when there's not many arcades in HK island.
Kowloon has moar arcades,but like hell would you go there

Some moar stuff

>Be IDK,16?17?I forgot
>Hears about Sino Plaza having Hetalia merch
>Asks parents about that place
>They give the green light,but says it's better not to go there alone
>Goes alone anyways
>Nothing bad happens,perfectly fine

And that's how I know where to go buy Hetalia stuff+BEMANI & Taiko albums
tetsutaro
I will need a 6-song preference list for 13-exclusives before I decide to skip classes and go there.

And now I am looking to the set of Japanese Wii U + Wii5 over Japanese 3DS + 3DS1
I wish I had gone for halls... Next year maybe?
crystalsuicune
No wait

http://taikofinder.asdf.hk/index.php/%E ... _%E4%BB%A3

Dammit I almost forgot about this website

There,a list of HK arcades with AC13.
betawatcher
@anongos If I had it with me right now I would've given a lengthy review about it already, complete with screenshots. Still a week to go until I go home >.< (in college, and I put my home as the mailing address)

Heck, I'm 20 and my parents still don't really approve of me playing on the arcades. Since I...don't really listen to them when they tell me to stop (I believe I'm old enough to make my own decisions) they kinda gave up already ^^; I can only go to arcades on Sundays though, and I keep it a secret from my parents cos they'd be pretty angry that I'm not utilizing the free time I have to study. :-T Started going to arcades... 2 years ago, just after I finished school, not as young as the others here. I think if I went when I was younger my grades would've plummeted already haha.

I also have had quite a few items shipped home (taiko wii + tatacon, pokemon games, books, and now my IIDX controller) but I've always used my own money.
anongos

crystalsuicune wrote:

(eventually loses it by accident,but my parents bought me one anyways cuz I did well in exams)
Like a boss

@beta: Oh wait you're not back yet? I thought you were already. lol

betawatcher wrote:

they'd be pretty angry that I'm not utilizing the free time I have to study.
Here's the thing, my parents (my dad mostly) used to keep all video games (handhelds or consoles) away in a locked cabinet every time when school started. When we moved here to the US, he didn't do it for the first year school started, and none of our grades plummeted.

Now he doesn't care anymore as long as I can keep up my grades. So when I tell them I plan to go to the arcade they're generally okay with it as long as I'm careful not to get into any trouble. So long as I can keep up with my responsibilities and not skew my priorities they generally don't care what I do.

And my tatacon was bought by my mom. I don't remember why, but it was. Everything else I used my own money for.
betawatcher
I'd never imagine my parents would buy me anything game-related. XD also phone downgraded for losing precious items too often

And my parents kinda blame me if I leave my consoles around for my little sisters to play so I have to lock em away somewhere safe while I'm gone. :?
show more