forum

keyboard

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
RhythmRetard
When I play mania I like to slam my fingers on my keyboard as hard as I can and it makes a shit ton of noise. Anyone have any suggestions on a keyboard I can get that won't make so much sound when I hit the keys?
Pawsu
I'm moving this to G&R.
Make sure to watch where you post. General Discussion is for non-osu! related topics.
Paneiru
1. Get any kind of mechanical keyboard with Cherry mx brown switches
2. Get a Corsair keyboard with silent mx switches like the Corsair Strafe RGB Silent
3. If you're using mx compatible switches, try to buy o-rings and install them under the keycaps to dampen the the hits, although it will shorten the travel distance to the bottom of the keys. Some players prefer to play with them and some don't, it's all up to personal preference so try it out yourself.
4. If mechanical switches makes too much sound, maybe try have a look at hybrid switches or rubber dome switches. Some examples would be cooler master Novatouch tenkeyless topre keyboard or logitech keyboards with Romer G switches. I have personally never tried any of these, so might want to research about it.
Zain Sugieres
If you have cherry mx red switches buy orings, its gonna be quieter AND it wont feel like you are hitting a wal
Topic Starter
RhythmRetard

Paneiru wrote:

1. Get any kind of mechanical keyboard with Cherry mx brown switches
2. Get a Corsair keyboard with silent mx switches like the Corsair Strafe RGB Silent
3. If you're using mx compatible switches, try to buy o-rings and install them under the keycaps to dampen the the hits, although it will shorten the travel distance to the bottom of the keys. Some players prefer to play with them and some don't, it's all up to personal preference so try it out yourself.
4. If mechanical switches makes too much sound, maybe try have a look at hybrid switches or rubber dome switches. Some examples would be cooler master Novatouch tenkeyless topre keyboard or logitech keyboards with Romer G switches. I have personally never tried any of these, so might want to research about it.
Thanks a ton. I wanted the silent mx switches, but it was a bit too expensive so I went with the Havit HV-KB389L with brown switches. I got some o rings too so hopefully it wont sound like a bombing raid when I play mania like it does with my current keyboard.
Endie-
Carefull with the mashing, you might ruin your fingers :/
badscore_old
Try not to mash too hard on whatever keyboard you get, it will probably end up killing your fingers. Press as lightly on the keys as you can to register a keystroke (it'll make you faster and it will be less painful because your fingers don't move as far/smash as hard).
Topic Starter
RhythmRetard
I really try, but not mashing makes me worse than I already am. Don't worry about my fingers though, I have well over 3 million hits and they're fine.
Xyrus_old_1
If you're talking about the noise from the vibrations that travel through the keyboard, through your desk and through the floor rather than the noise the keys make, just stick a towel under your keyboard. Kills 99% of the mashing noise (but obviously doesn't affect keystroke noise) and provides a comfortable wrist rest at the same time.
rekhichem
O-rings.
Rurree
Get Logitech's Romer-G switches (Logitech G810 is like $109 right now, which is CHEAP for a full-RGB keyboard) or invest in o-rings. Personally don't like o-rings though, makes my keyboard feel and sound less crisp.