forum

Player Pressure

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Hibiya-chan
Dunno if the title sound right since I just made it up but yeah.

So when I'm playing all alone, even with leaderboards showing (be it local or global), I don't get really nervous like all the time (coz it's still a fact that I get nervous when I'm about to fc sht and almost all players are kinda like that too). But when I play in multi or when someone spectates me, the song is just starting and my hands are already shaking in nervousness af. So I just wanna ask if this thing is a common for all players and what are possible solutions to these? (Hiding the leaderboard kinda helped me but I still get nervous coz in breaks I see the scores and my nervousness goes back again).
dGeist
I used to be nervous at first during my first multi matches but it doesn't matter whether someone has a higher score than you. What matters more is just you and the map so just focus on the map instead.

Don't worry about messing up. Mistakes happen and we should just learn how to avoid it.

A lot of people can defeat me pretty easily, so I lost my nervousness due to that after having played tons of multi matches. For me personally, frustration and then laughter took me over due to my acc and it got stronger than nervousness because I want to get a higher acc.

Sometimes I just play in the matches with highly difficult maps. That way, I wont feel so bad being last due to how insane it is. What I do in that case is just focus on surviving the map not the scores cos scores wont count if u die anyway (for me that is).

Regardless, Multis are meant for you to have fun playing with other people, so just enjoy and interact with others about random stuff or even strategies.
Have fun!
Jukkii
Long maps. Marathons to be exact. Playing those will help you get better nerves, preferably play some slightly easier ones, and remember that you wont get better nerves in a day, it can take months to develop, or weeks if youre practising well, but youll eventually get there
B1rd
Control your breathing.
Llahmah 2
Tell yourself you are better than everyone else. In the whole scope of the game this may be false, but in multi matches who knows. Multi people tend to be kinda... bad...
rekhichem
tell yourself two things :
-losers focus on winners
-winners focus on winning
:)