forum

[Archived] Timing Editor Crash

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
BusterBeachside
So. I was timing a new beatmap. Firstly, after I timed it with the whole clicking/pressing T technique, I didn't get the little ticks in the timeline. I tried to fix this by checking the Timing options. I click on the button; the game crashes. :<

And then Bancho went down. I thought it was my fault. X'D But anyway, that has nothing to do with it.

I'll admit that I have little experience with the Editor, so y'all are dealing with a n00b here. x'p Sorry.
James2250
I have seen this error reported a few times (I am not sure exactly how to replicate it but it is something you are doing incorrectly when tapping I think)

If you go to file - open .osu in notepad and find the [TimingPoints] section there will probably be a mistake there somewhere. Either try and fix it yourself to what you want it to be or just deleting all of them and trying to re-time the map should work too

(You can send your file here if you aren't sure what the mistake is on it)
Topic Starter
BusterBeachside
Ah, so it's not just me. XD Well, I opened the file, and this is what I got:
[TimingPoints]
NaN,313.938886563416,4,1,0,100,1,0
Hope that helps ya debug it a little. I have no problem with re-timing it; I pretty much know the neighborhood of the BPM now. :3 Thanks for the help; I'll let you know how it works out!

P.S.: I've attached the .osu file anyway, in case you wanted to take a look at it. :)

Download: Switchfoot - Mess Of Me (BusterBlazeFox) [Easy].osu
James2250
Yeah that NaN there is your main problem. That is meant to be the offset of the map so change that to some other number and save and it should stop crashing. After that you should be able to re-time the song correctly
Kitsunemimi

James2250 wrote:

Yeah that NaN there is your main problem. That is meant to be the offset of the map so change that to some other number and save and it should stop crashing. After that you should be able to re-time the song correctly
NaN means NotaNumber which osu! handles perfectly fine.

This isn't fully necessary, but if we want to fix this bug (in other words, give this thread a greater purpose), could you please tell us how you were tapping initially? If you start tapping all weird, osu! can't calculate the BPM properly, so weird stuff happens. Even if this bug doesn't get fixed, I still want to know :P
mm201
I fixed the crash, but still have no idea what was setting offsets to NaN.
Topic Starter
BusterBeachside
Okay, let's see... ^_^

Well, I used to think that in order to get the timing right I had to start clicking again. Only just today did I realize what exactly the Offset did. XD Once I figured that out, I got the timing easily.

I erased the stuff in the file and restarted it, and it worked fine. The button works, too. I DO click it weird sometimes when it sounds off, and then it restarts from the last place I clicked or something, which is annoying to me. XD I think it has something to do with creating a new timing in a different part of the song or something?

Somehow I knew the NaN was the problem as soon as I saw it. :p Now, I'm not very good with the Osu! Editor, but I'm pretty computer-savvy all-around, so... lol.

So, anyway, I'm not exactly sure what I did, but I can say that I started clicking a few seconds into the song (I found out also that the song I was trying to time has some weird timing in it to begin with). When I started clicking, the offset didn't set itself to anything.

Maybe to fix it, you can make it so that if there's a BPM but no offset, it automatically sets itself to 0. =p Just a thought. :)