forum

What are your favourite patterns? (Jumps, doubles, etc.)

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Raisaga
Hello! I am glad you clicked on the post! I need help with a beatmap I am actually dedicated to not dedicated to anymore. And I am getting stuck on ideas for patterns to use, so I was hoping I could get help from others about what your favourite pattern is! I would appreciate it if you could respond with your most favourite and least favourite patterns. ;) :?: :oops:
Thanks.
Regards, Raisaga
Rilene
Jumps usually emphasize 1/2 lot more than doubles but when it comes to 2 1/4 doubles for every 3/4 beat, double works the best.
Myxo
You can ask people what their favourite patterns are but not with the goal of implementing those in a specific map, because the patterns used should correspond to the song as good as possible.
Eozel
I pref dump, stream and ln
zigizigiefe
streams with 1/8 kick sliders
Pachiru
I prefer a map that is well constructed instead of maps with sick jumps.

I like when a map is not overdone and when it's "beautiful". First, because I'm bad at this game, so simple patterns makes me play better. But some maps are just sick and when there is jumps everywhere, sometimes it's just very hard to play! Buuuut it can be okay for some player so it's not a bad style.

I hope that's what you asked owo!

Have a good day~
[Sony]
When it comes to jumps, I guess it really depends what difficulty you're going for. If it is lower than around 5.8* try to keep away from lateral jumps (Or as other people call "Back And Forth" jumps, I don't really know the proper terminology :b) because those jumps can really make a map hard for that level range or not fun for people who are trying to play it, unless they are small or connect with the rhythm of the song. Star jumps and triangles are good for almost any map so I would go with those. Hope this helped xd
Azinlen
del
Rhyth8
I don't know if this pattern has a name, but I like to call it the thundercloud.

bobbathan
I always enjoy a map more whenever the mapper uses sliders shaped to fit the theme of the song, like the heart slider in Your Reality and the House slider in Shelter.
keremaru
i just like patterns with a lot of stuff in it (i.e ctb/standard streams, mania stairs, and taiko "combo streams" as i like to call them), but not too complex or slow.
fayer72
idn what's a pattern cause i start osu )=
but i will be the very best <3
Kirika
BlessRNG 1-2 BlessRNG 1-2 BlessRNG 1-2 BlessRNG 1-2 BlessRNG 1-2 BlessRNG 1-2 BlessRNG 1-2 BlessRNG 1-2 BlessRNG 1-2 BlessRNG 1-2 BlessRNG 1-2 BlessRNG 1-2 BlessRNG 1-2 BlessRNG 1-2 BlessRNG 1-2 BlessRNG 1-2 BlessRNG 1-2 BlessRNG 1-2 BlessRNG 1-2 BlessRNG 1-2 BlessRNG