forum

[invalid] Community Server

posted
Total Posts
This is a feature request. Feature requests can be voted up by supporters.
Current Priority: +0
Topic Starter
O2MasterFX
Osu! is going open-source and team-based group is in development. That way, add community server support is going to be awesome! We can rank beatmaps that we want, Add highlight replays, run our own tournament, and have our own IRC.
Upskirt
p/3171281/

Not going to happen.

Isn't osu!Bancho already the community server? I mean, it is a community after all.

The ideas you suggested could very well be implemented into later version of osu!
Topic Starter
O2MasterFX

Venzire wrote:

https://osu.ppy.sh/forum/p/3171281/

Not going to happen.

Isn't osu!Bancho already the community server? I mean, it is a community after all.

The ideas you suggested could very well be implemented into later version of osu!
Err.. that's not what I meant. That one refers to private osu servers which is awesome and lame in all perspective. My point is to have community server that is approved and supported by officials to create our own tournaments, channels, and rank some unranked maps without actually change the game itself.

Bancho is the community server already, but it's service were handled only by the staffs of osu, on which we may (not) wanted.
Jukkii
private servers already exist, and an approved private server will probably never exist at all. the staff doesnt even like private servers to begin with afaik.
Topic Starter
O2MasterFX

-Jukke- wrote:

private servers already exist, and an approved private server will probably never exist at all. the staff doesnt even like private servers to begin with afaik.
It's not private servers, duh...
Nathanael
If you're saying like an official "free for all" server, It won't happen.

Beatmap moderation (ranking) is there to avoid overmapping stuff.
You can host your own tournament providing its details in the tournaments subforum.
The current IRC chat is fine as long as you talk decently.

Ephemeral wrote:

Not an option.