forum

In-client beatmap mods

posted
Total Posts
This is a feature request. Feature requests can be voted up by supporters.
Current Priority: +47
Topic Starter
Daru
Basically, I want the ability to view and make mods completely in the osu! client. This would allow a more streamlined submission or receival of mods, as well as the ability to seek directly to a time as specified in a mod.

For example:

Obviously, this can be implemented in various levels of depth. The entire modding process can be completely constrained to the client, with the user receiving or sending them like "mail". Alternatively, it could be kept to the forum, where the mod is just copy-pasted into osu! and you are allowed to click the times listed in it.

I'm personally in favor of the latter option, as it would probably be the easiest to implement, as it involves the least amount of change, but still gives the functionality of auto-seeking to a time.
SapphireGhost
Epic. I'm GLaD to know I was reserving my final priority star for a reason.
Derekku
I remember peppy previously wanting to keep modding inside of the editor, with less focus on the forums. That reminds me of this request.

The latter request is also nice, especially since one would easily be able to copy paste mods into the client without alt-tabbing to their browser.

Hmm... I like the forum approach because we can see each others' mod posts, so I wouldn't want forum modding to be phased out. Thus, I think the latter option would be the best. Although, besides copy/pasting mods in and out of the osu! client, perhaps mods could be saved per difficulty and uploaded to the forums similar to beatmaps through the BSS?

[18:30] <Daru> Or "Open mod in osu!" button on the forums.
Exactly what I was thinking.
Azure_Kite
Yes, this is quite a brilliant idea.

+2
peppy
As Derek said, I have wanted to see this happen for a while. I wonder if/when I will find the time...
Derekku
I'm also imagining checkboxes next to each line of the mod, such as "yes I applied I mod" (a green checkmark) and "no I didn't apply this mod" (a red X), both as a reminder to the mapper and as feedback to the modder. And of course, the ability to add comments/feedback to the modder's post from the editor.
SapphireGhost
You bubbled something at +7 trololo
...ignore that.
OzzyOzrock

SapphireGhost wrote:

You bubbled something at +7 trololo
...ignore that.
This is one of the situations where the mapper is very popular. Except... not applicable at... all...

I'm fine with how it is, but I can see this being very useful.
theowest
discussion now moved here from this thread
p/1487679

I hope this gets done in the near future.
HashishKabob
All of my yes!
[CSGA]Ar3sgice
The mod window in the pic is too small, auto-linebreaks make the mod look ugly, also it doesn't have a round border. I would recommend it in the position of chat window.
Also move it right by 8-9 pixels.

ok i'm just bored
Miya
It will be good if the window of mod is big enough so all the reason that modder tell can be included in the screen. Otherwise it will be hard to see and the mod will looks bad ><
But good idea. Alt-tabing when there is a mod or we want to mod is quite a pain imo~
popner
Quite a good idea. I think extending the area of windows and using a hot key to call it up will be convenient.
Makar
I'm bumping this to maybe give it more attention. It would really make the modding process much easier.

Also, a way for the mapper to fetch mods and suggestions in the editor would be cool too, so the mapper can look over, apply, and reply to the changes all in the osu! client.
show more