Agree with snapping but the rest doesn't seem valid to me. I will let Kalindraz explain his position first.
While I'm here, can I offer some advice? sure.Thank you for looking at my map. I don't have problems to fixed things and etc..
This is not an attempt at stopping this map at all; as it sits right now it is perfectly rankable and clean enough to consider a "good" map, but...
I noticed that a lot of this map utilizes symmetrical patterning, which I think is really cool, but there are several points where you decide to use a specific form of symmetrical pattern at the detriment of following the musical notes, which I feel rather defeats the purpose of making such a pattern-based map - if the patterns are not following the music, you are not making a map, just a collection of "lol this is cool right?" patterns that don't necessarily follow the music when you could easily make symmetrical patterns that do follow the music, you just need to be better.
For more specific examples, here's a few:
- 00:12:493 (1,2,1,2,1,2) - Interesting juxtaposition, but the final 1/2 is still part of the little background trawl and would melodically fit better as a 1/4 slider. i don't get it, you can explain better, your words sounds a bit confusing to me =/
- 00:33:750 (1,2,1,2,1,2,1,2) - No real need to NC spam this, the pairs aren't that spaced apart and the musical roll is still just an 8-note set, not four 2s.
well, this is your subjective view, right? I mean, doesn't need more/less spacing to nc that pattern, that pairs of 2 to 2(up and down and other forms) justify what I accurately hear, distinct sounds every 2 notes. NCing are appropriate to have a separation between patterns. In this sense, I think that the NCing here works good, have a lot of separation in patterns because of the instrumentation shifts(focusing on violin and the "noise/distorted sound"). i think that answer can be applied to 01:52:950 (1,2,1,2) - and 01:51:235 (1,2,1,2,1,2,1)
- 00:45:578 (2,3,1,2,1,2) - When you follow the staticy trill under 00:45:578 (2,3,1) - but then ignore it entirely for the sake of symmetry with 00:46:093 (1,2) - , this is a blatant statement of "fuck the music, you're playing MY map", which i feel is not what a mapper should generally strive for. fixed, my bad..
- 00:51:578 (1,2,1) - The triple underneath 2 is so powerful and you follow it pretty much every time, but here your precious symmetry fucks it over.
- 00:52:264 (1,2,1,2,3) - This pattern would be amazing if it was something more like THIS, and could even more easily maintain a symmetrical pattern the same way you're doing now, but as it sits it's largely ignoring the music! a big ew to me. reformed, fixed..
- 01:04:607 (1) - Notes like this are 1/6, not 1/8. I'm not sure how the ranking criteria treats these at the moment, but technically the snapping is wrong on a lot of these. I'll leave it up to someone else to actually decide on this. fixed.
- 01:06:493 (2,1,2,3) - see symmetry strikes again - the first 2 would nominally be a triple to follow the backbeat, but you again ignore it for the sake of a symmetrical pattern that could easily be modified to still fit the music and be symmetrical.
- 01:25:178 (1,2,3) - Again, 2 is symmetrical despite the potential for triples to actually follow the music.
- 01:32:893 (2,1) - Again, 2 is symmetrical despite the potential for triples to actually follow the music.
- 01:33:407 (1,2,1,2,3) - same as the last time. fixed.
- 01:40:264 (1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8) - Normally you have a 1/4 slider starting this off-beat start rolls off, but here it's a full stream? This goes for MOST of the streams in the last chorus... another error mine, fixed..
- 01:51:235 (1,2,1,2,1,2,1) - this is just all fucked up - the 1/4 2 should be a triple, the split double stream makes no sense, does not fit the map, and is a massive, worthless difficulty spike. i don't want break this pattern (01:51:578 (1,2,1,2) - ) like all did on this section (01:48:835 (1,2,1,2) - ,01:50:207 (1,2,1,2) - to placing a triplet, because that i place the 1/4 slider and not 3/4 like the previous(01:48:493 (1) - , 01:49:864 (1) - ).
- 01:52:950 (1,2,1,2) - these are plain 4 rolls please stop trying to put awkwardly shoved in "inspired by hanzer but now is used so commonly incorrectly and badly that the incorrect and bad execution has become the normal definition" techniques. can u affirm this sentence? well i study about pattern multiple times and i seeing multiple maps with the same pattern(i'm not trying to justify other maps into my, it's just to have a concrete base), that pattern its work good because the low bpm(175) give such time to reading without problems(unfortunately, the map was qualified for 10 hours and at that time only had 1 fc, but I believe that if it was for a longer duration would have many others fc present)
- 01:56:721 (1) - nitpicky but imo this is more of a circle sound than a slider sound :shrug: well, you right but, i hearing an intense sound on that point, i leaving the circle(single note) sound to inferior diffs like hard/normal/easy.
about "Again, 2 is symmetrical despite the potential for triples to actually follow the music." i said again, i don't placed the triplets because my focus it is on violin and symmetry i made 2 1/4 to make one mirrored to the other and the 1/4 can support the triplets beats.
Regarding the sliders that could be made in a triple consider it once again.I already said my reasons about that, so.. No.
1/4 kick sliders can support tripletsYes, if you've consistently represented that particular form of triple with a 1/4 slider in the past, and continue to do so in the future, without a good thematic reason to do so.
some stuffs hey ya!well thanks for the mod, i not a devil pls
00:13:521 (1) - instead of tilting the slider, why don't just create a fake stack? hmm fixed? i guess u mean stack them right
00:13:693 (2) - no whistle as no violin, use drum whistle if u wanna follow the roll set drum whistle
00:34:435 (1) - if the reason you did 1/8 here is because the wub then don't because then you need to follow it to 00:34:778 - which at that time you're following violin well, i can hear 1/8 there, try listen on 25% or 50%
00:36:835 (3) - ctrl+g would give a better impression of looping movement as that's what you did at 00:37:350 (2,3) - , there's no point to make it different movement ye ye!
01:06:664 (1) - Following the previous pattern 01:05:978 (1,2,1,2) - , this should have ctrl+g reformed after shiirn's mod
01:02:893 (1,2) - following the fm, it should start at 01:02:807 instead. Also, I thought you said symmetry and stuff so 2 is better at https://osu.ppy.sh/ss/10184955 (if you persist on keeping it at least blanket 01:02:550 (1) - 's head properly sure!
00:41:293 (1,2) - you don't use 1/8 hold nor 1/4 spam? oh , right!
01:51:235 (1,2) - funny how you feel concerned about the kick here when you don't during the rest of this part, resulting this two sliders the only different thing among 01:48:493 (1) - 01:49:864 (1) - 01:52:607 (1) - 01:53:978 (1) - indeed, i understand after long talk with shiirn, reformed!
01:57:064 (1) - optional but since you did kiai burst here and there, giving one here won't hurt. done, also setup on harmonical, extra and insane diff
please don't bash me I have 26 children i'm gay
add: 00:30:493 (2) - fix stack w okay!
Yes, if you've consistently represented that particular form of triple with a 1/4 slider in the past, and continue to do so in the future, without a good thematic reason to do so.After this i fixed some things to capture that god triplets and other stuff, sorry for anything i don't get it right lol
You already consistently represented those triples as three circles before that pattern, and use three circles after it as well.
There is no non-bullshit reason to force that pattern to use two 1/4 sliders for such a powerful triple that you have always previously and always done after.
Except, apparently, "Because I want to use a perfectly symmetrical pattern here, not one designed around being symmetrical with 2 circles instead of a 1/4 slider".
It took me less than a minute to come up with a replacement example for 01:32:721 (1,2) - . This is obviously not the potentially best one, as there are many you can consider, but it took less than a minute to come up with a way to potentially have a symmetrical pattern that follows the music.
I don't understand what's so hard to understand about this.
01:30:664 (1,2,3,4) - 01:32:035 (1,2,3,4) - please nooo, they just cause unreasonable reading problems, this kind of reading patterns isn't fun because it can be avoided by moving only 1 pixel, the movement doesn't even change, but it would be much easier to readaaaa hello, well.. I couldn't figure out the level of fun present. I think this is subjective, I mean, it depends a lot on how each player adapting, experiencing in this type of patterns/map/music.
perfectly stacked sliders along with spaced streams are pretty dumb to play thanks.. -_ - anyway i dont know about fun but the point that karen mentioned is objective in both mapping/modding way?maybe, about modding: i don't have much to say because, i just said above that, i got the feedback from the people, and that in the view of those involved a pattern in itself isn't unreadable, people recommend this form( mod suggestion) on this thread to keep okay (playable)