forum

Correct way to hold a pen?

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
oopsrobbedya
Hey guys, so I want to ask for some help on the way that i hold my pen, just to give you some information, i have a Huion H420 and I use the pen that came with the tablet, i have been playing osu for a fair while now, but I think i have developed a weird way of holding my pen. There are buttons on the end of my pen, that can sometimes be a nuisance, because I hold then pen at the edge (Close-Ish Near the tip) With my thumb and forefinger, there is an indent right behind where I place my fingers, but it does not seem comfortable, and i hold my pen at a bit of an angle, but i also play with a fairly small surface area, meaning i don't move my hand all that much. It just seems like my hand is always cramping, and it never seems like the pen is in the right place, do you guys think I developed a bad habit by holding the pen near the end? Should i Re-Adjust to fit the indent on the pen and just deal with it? Thanks
~Clayton/Ashe
[Haku]
There isn't a correct way of holding your pen. If it doesn't feel comfortable to you change it but try not changing too often because it's bad for muscle memories. I personally hold my tablet pen the same way I hold a standard pen but the way you will be comfortable with will be your right way.
The Gambler
Get better pen...

And hold like Obama
Jyn

[Ashe] wrote:

Hey guys, so I want to ask for some help on the way that i hold my pen, just to give you some information, i have a Huion H420 and I use the pen that came with the tablet, i have been playing osu for a fair while now, but I think i have developed a weird way of holding my pen. There are buttons on the end of my pen, that can sometimes be a nuisance, because I hold then pen at the edge (Close-Ish Near the tip) With my thumb and forefinger, there is an indent right behind where I place my fingers, but it does not seem comfortable, and i hold my pen at a bit of an angle, but i also play with a fairly small surface area, meaning i don't move my hand all that much. It just seems like my hand is always cramping, and it never seems like the pen is in the right place, do you guys think I developed a bad habit by holding the pen near the end? Should i Re-Adjust to fit the indent on the pen and just deal with it? Thanks
~Clayton/Ashe
--

Personally I'd do what gives you the best results gameplay-wise, I actually hold my pen right next to the nib, and it works for me. However if you're getting cramps I'd try adjusting your grip a little, you shouldn't be getting cramps or anything of the sort while playing a game for pleasure.
[Lethal]
Do what is comfortable for you. Don't ask others. If you're comfortable, and you play well while doing it, don't change it.
Buster
You hold it like a pencil
Luqanted

The Gambler wrote:

Get better pen...

And hold like Obama
wow what pen is that lmao
[-CeMAqpOP-]kee
uh basically just firmly grasp it
rekhichem

lethal_osu wrote:

Do what is comfortable for you. Don't ask others. If you're comfortable, and you play well while doing it, don't change it.
The Gambler

Luqanted wrote:

wow what pen is that lmao
Monteverde pens. Relatively affordable, in the grand scheme of things. Just as expensive as any Wacom tablet IMO.