[翻译场]OSU!五月月刊

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
rafealfrank
第一版 peppy專訪

原文
SPOILER
Today, I find myself with peppy, the creator of osu!. After reading through all the questions that were sent to us, we took the best ones and interviewed peppy on a variety of topics, including general management, Taiko and his personal life.

Peppy, I'm from the osu! newsletter, and I would like to know if you have some time to do a quick interview with me.

Sure.

Awesome, thanks. To start things off... The first question that seems to be on people's minds is: Do you still pay for the osu! servers, or do donations totally take care of that for you?
Donations currently cover server/prize costs fully (on a monthly basis). I haven't added up the historical cost since the beginning of osu! (before donations were even accepted) to work out if we are overall positive, but I would say this is likely.

Wow, osu! sure has gotten popular then. You created one heck of a successful game. On that note, how do you feel about the popularity of osu!? To put in another way, when you first started out, did you feel like it would take off like this?
The first version of osu! was just a little testbed I was using to try out the new game libraries released by Microsoft. I didn't really expect to take it too far, but after my real-life friends showed a lot of interest I made it public.
In the beginning, things picked up quite slowly, but after a period of 6-12 months from release the growth has been pretty linear, so since that point it has not exceeded my expectations.

You must be glad/proud that your game has taken off like that then.
To keep things simple, let's say "yes" to that one!

Hah, yeah. I don't want to take up too much of your time anyways... Speaking of which, do you ever find the time to play your own game?
Only for testing, though I will usually end up playing for longer than I should once I get started. I do get together with friends and play the osu!arcade box occasionally, too.

Here's a question from a Taiko player. "There are achievements for osu! standard, and for Catch the Beat, but why haven't there been Taiko achievements added yet?"
Because no-one has created them yet. I would suggest a feature request topic. Including artwork for the achievements would speed things up, too.
Graphic assets don't just fall from the sky, unfortunately. Also, when the development team is so small, some aspects of the game regularly get overlooked.

Yeah, I would imagine so. Must be quite a burden, which I most likely won't be able to fathom. Anyway, last question. How did you come up with the idea of osu!? Some of the community knows that it sprang from “Osu! Tatakae! Ouendan” and “Elite Beat Agents”, but what made you do it? Is that beatmap about how you created osu! telling the true story?
As I mentioned before, it was just a proof-of-concept implementation to give XNA (a game library) a go. 24 hours later it had a working game and editor. I enjoyed playing Ouendan around the time I made it, and remember picturing beatmaps for songs not included in the Nintendo DS games in my head. So I made a little game to let me try that out.

And that concludes the interview! Many of the questions that were not asked can also be found on the history page. Next time, we interview ztrot, the MAT manager. If you have a question please submit it here and remember, make them interesting!

簡體版翻譯
SPOILER
各位读者大家好,今天我很高兴能在这里对OSU的创立者,peppy做出一次专访。在仔细筛选了广大玩家向我们发送的问题之后,我们在这次专访中采纳了其中关于游戏日常运作,太鼓以及peppy个人生活方面的问题:

OSU!新闻组:Peppy,我来自OSU!新闻组,你能花费一些时间为我们作一个简短的专访么?

peppy:当然。

OSU!新闻组:非常感谢,那么我们就此开始……第一个问题看起来是很多人都很好奇的问题:你现在依然在私人为服务器付款么?或者玩家捐赠能够完全支付服务期款项?

peppy:事实上,玩家捐赠已经能够完全支付服务器的开销(基本上是一月一次),但是我并没有算上在OSU!初期没有会员捐赠时期的服务器花销,因此我也无法去计算总开销上是否有盈余,但是就之前的情况来看,我认为是有的。

OSU!新闻组:毫无疑问,OSU!已经是一个相当流行的游戏,作为这个成功游戏的创立者,你对于OSU的广泛流行有什么看法?或者说,在你当初开始创立这个游戏的时候,你有想到过这个游戏会像今天这样流行么?

peppy:OSU的第一个版本其实只是我对于微软新推出的游戏程序库(XNA)的一个测试,我并没有想过长远的计划,但是在我现实生活中的一些朋友对这个游戏显示出浓厚的兴趣之后,我决定把它推上网络。
在开始的时候,一切都进展得很缓慢,但是在6-12个月后,玩家群直线上升,因此,对于今天的情景,我并不感到意外。
我想那时候你一定对这个游戏能如此成功感到高兴。
好吧,简单的说,我想说是的。

OSU!新闻组:嗯……好的,我希望不会占用太多你的时间……一个很有趣的问题,你有时间去玩你自己的游戏么?

peppy:一般来说,我玩这个游戏只是为了测试,虽然通常玩得都比我预想的要久。有时候,我也会和朋友们一起玩OSU arcade box。

OSU!新闻组:这是一个来自于太鼓玩家的问题:在OSU和CTB模式中,有很多成就,但是为何太鼓玩家就没有这样的待遇?

peppy:因为并没有人去设立他们。我想我将会发起一个相关的主题,与此同时,成就艺术设计也等将会提速。但是,不幸的是,视频项目的设计并不是一件容易的事,同时,由于受我们的发展团队规模的限制,在一段时期里,游戏有些方面的发展,也仅仅只能停留在设想上。

OSU!新闻组:是的,我能想象,这的确是一个难以以用言语就能形容的重担。好的最后一个问题是,你是如何想到OSU!这个主意的?有些玩家认为你可能是通过“应援团”或者“Elite beat agent 之类的音乐游戏想到这个主意的,但是你能告诉我们你在创立OSU时背后的故事么?

peppy:如我前面所提到的那样,这仅仅是对微软的XNA游戏程序库的一个小实验,我仅仅用了24小时就完成了游戏和编辑器的设计,事实上,在编写这个游戏的时候,我的确很爱玩应援团,并且在这期间我大脑里有了一些并不包含在应援团的歌曲的设计,因此就编写了一个小游戏去把他们付诸实施。

如果你想去看其他玩家们对于今天专访提出的问题,请浏览the history page,在下期期刊中,我们将访问MAT Manager跳针哥,如果你有问题,请点击here,你懂的。

繁體版翻譯
SPOILER
各位讀者大家好,今天我很高興能在這裏採訪到OSU的創立者,peppy。在仔細篩選了廣大玩家的問題之後,這次專訪中包含了關於遊戲日常運作,太鼓以及peppy個人生活方面的問題:

OSU!新聞組:Peppy,我是OSU!新聞組的記者,請問能不能佔用你一點時間,讓我們做個專訪?

peppy:當然。

OSU!新聞組:非常感謝,那麼我們就開始吧。
OSU!新聞組:第一個問題似乎是很多人都很好奇的:你現在依然在為遊戲的伺服器付款麼?或者玩家的捐贈能夠完全支付服務器的款項?

peppy:事實上,玩家捐贈已經能夠完全支付伺服器的開銷(基本上是一月一次),但是並不包含在OSU!初期沒有會員捐贈時期的伺服器花銷,因此我也無法去計算總開銷上是否有盈餘,但是就之前的情況來看,我認為是有的。

OSU!新聞組:毫無疑問,OSU!已經是一個相當流行的遊戲,作為這個成功遊戲的創立者,你對於OSU的廣泛流行有什麼看法?或者說,在你當初開始創立這個遊戲的時候,你有想到過這個遊戲會像今天這樣流行嗎?

peppy:OSU的第一個版本其實只是我對於微軟新推出的遊戲程式庫(XNA)的一個測試,我並沒有想過長遠的計畫,但是在我現實生活中的一些朋友對這個遊戲顯示出濃厚的興趣之後,我決定把它推上網路。
在開始的時候,一切都進展得很緩慢,但是在6-12個月後,玩家群直線上升,因此,對於今天的情景,我並不感到意外。
我想那時候你一定對這個遊戲能如此成功感到高興。
所以呢,簡單的說,是的。

OSU!新聞組:嗯……好的,我希望不會佔用太多你的時間……想問個一個有趣的問題,你有時間去玩你自己的遊戲麼?

peppy:一般來說,我玩這個遊戲只是為了測試,雖然通常玩得都比我預想的要久。有時候,我也會和朋友們一起玩OSU arcade box。

OSU!新聞組:這是一個來自於太鼓玩家的問題:在OSU和CTB模式中,有很多成就,但是為何太鼓玩家就沒有這樣的待遇?

peppy:很簡單,因為並沒有人去設立那些成就。我建議希望看到太鼓成就的玩家在Feature Request版面開串提出。同時,如果有人願意設計成就的徽章,那麼我們可以更快速的完成,而這些東西都不會從天上掉下來。而不幸的,我們的開發團隊規模相當的小,有些對於遊戲的想法也只能暫時停留在想法而已。

OSU! 新聞組:是的,我能想像,這的確是個難以言喻的重擔。好的,最後一個問題是,你是如何想到OSU!這個主意的?有些玩家認為你可能是通過「應援團」或者「Elite beat agent」之類的音樂遊戲想到這個主意的,而你能告訴我們你在創立OSU時背後的故事麼?

peppy:如我前面所提到的那樣,這僅僅是對微軟的XNA遊戲程式庫的一個小實驗,我僅僅用了24小時就完成了遊戲和編輯器的設計。事實上,在寫這個遊戲的時候,我的確很愛玩應援團,同時想到一些並不包含在應援團的設計,因此就編寫了一個小遊戲去把他們付諸實施。

如果你想去看其他玩家們對於今天專訪提出的問題,請流覽the history page,在下期期刊中,我們將訪問MAT Manager跳針哥,如果你有問題,請點擊here,你懂的。

osu!月刊第二期

deepsea edit:簡易排版、增加繁體版、一些潤飾。
yanggaog
頭哥碉堡了~~~~~~~~~
-----
怎麼只有一篇...?

Edit: 我也試試看好了 :D

要注意的事有:
1. 我英文非常爛
2. 有一些句子因為文意和通順的關係,並沒有完全照著原文...
3. 後半段崩壞注意(其實是無誤...)
Doomsday on Mouse vs. Tablets
By Doomsday

Y’ alright? It's Doomsday.

Now, a common argument I often see on osu! is the "Mouse vs Tablet" one. People going on about tablets being easier to play with, or mouse being harder to play with, and some mouse users getting a superiority complex if they can clear a certain jumpy map because it's "harder to do it with a mouse", like someone running a marathon with a bad leg.

I'm a mouse user, and when I tell people that when they ask me what I use to play, they start bowing down and calling me the almighty god of the universe (I mean, c'mon, I'm not all that good really), but I dunno. I've tried playing osu! on a tablet a few times, and even though I haven't spent too much time with it, or much time at all on it for that matter, but enough to get to grips with it, I fall apart. It's hardly the magical "get-good-at-osu!" pad some seem to think it is. It's certainly more fun, and had I not spent eons playing osu! with a mouse, I would've used it to play too when I started (with it feeling a little more like EBA/Ouendan and all, and a little more intuitive), but from what I see it's not superior. For the record, I still prefer using a mouse, just because I like to contradict myself.

Now, I'm sure many of you are thinking "But Doomsday! If a tablet isn't easier than a mouse, why do so many of the top players use a tablet?" Good question! And I don't really have an answer, since I'm probably just talking out of my inexperienced backside here. I've probably only played osu! with a tablet for a few collective hours, and I'd probably need more time to really get used to it, but I did fail a few times on simple songs last time I tried, which must mean something, right?! That said, the top tablet players (You know, your Cookiezis, your Lesjuhs and so on) didn't just pick up the tablet pen and start clearing 200BPM monster maps from the get-go, obviously. I'm sure you already knew that, you're not all that silly.

Point is, from what I've seen, heard and tried, tablet is no easier than mouse. Whether in the long run I'm wrong, I sure as hell can't see myself clearing Made of Fire with one hand, eating a peach with the other, while reading the Express & Star on my lap using a tablet anytime soon; you wouldn't catch me dead eating a peach.
作者:Doomsday

各位好,Doomsday在此。

最近,我在osu!上看到常常被拿來吵的一件事是 "繪圖板vs滑鼠"。有人會一直講 "用繪圖板玩比較簡單" 或是 "用滑鼠玩比較難",如果用滑鼠玩的人清掉了一張有名的跳圖,就會被大家當作膜拜的對象(因為"用滑鼠玩比較難"),好像在看一個瘸子跑馬拉松一樣。

我自己是用滑鼠玩。每當大家問我用什麼來移動後,就開始向我膜拜,說我是宇宙中最強大的神 (我去,我真的沒那麼強)。自己是不知道,不過我曾經試過用繪圖板玩了幾次osu!,沒花太多時間在上面,玩到大概知道那種感覺後,我放棄了。告訴大家,繪圖板絕對不是大家想的"osu!神器"。個人認為雖然用起來的感覺很有趣,如果我之前沒有花了一億年在滑鼠上玩,我絕對會用它 (感覺比較像在玩應援團),不過體驗後感覺繪圖板並沒有特別比滑鼠好,所以我還是推薦用滑鼠,因為我不自重。

現在一定會有人問: "不過Doomsday...如果繪圖板沒像你說的那麼強,那為什麼有那麼多掛B都用繪圖板玩?" 這問題非常好,因為我也不知道。先老實說明自己坑爹的板子經驗:總共只玩了好幾小時、玩了原本一些簡單的歌卻過不去(其實應該要多花點時間適應板子的T_T),然後......好吧,其實重點是我有試過(要不然會有整整一段的文章打不出來)。即便如此,你看到的所有繪圖板神觸 (Cookiezi, Lesjuh等),他們一開始玩時絕對不能一拿起筆來就可以把200BPM的觸圖清掉,你們都應該很聰明,這道理應該早就知道了。

所以重點是,根據我的經驗,繪圖板不是神器。不論時間多長,我還是不能一隻手FC "Made of fire",一隻手吃桃子,一隻手用墊在膝上的繪圖板看報紙。至於吃桃子這事嘛...只能說你絕對看不到...
如果有任何錯誤或不妥當的地方,歡迎糾正 ;)
至於吐槽什麼的....
tsuka
:P 你们这样搞队长 他会哭的
HentaiTei
好翻譯啊,不來一發嗎 :evil:
Rex
头哥碉堡了
顺便求其他几篇
[Ghost]
头哥想当同传了吗
kiddly
敢不敢排版
deepsea
簡易排版完成,同時用word轉了繁體版本,順便修了些習慣的用字。
其它版面翻譯中,敬請期待。

yanggaog wrote:

頭哥碉堡了~~~~~~~~~
taq
不愧是頭哥
xipan_old
还有这种东西的啊
Ibuki Suika
我操下期有跳针哥看了 :o
FUKOCLANNAD
再怎么访也和沙包们无关.....
Shinkuu
头哥威武
subarasikibuta
厉害~看到第一个问题的答案就安心了…
-----

Shinkuu wrote:

头哥威武
Topic Starter
rafealfrank

----- wrote:

怎麼只有一篇...?

Edit: 我也試試看好了 :D

要注意的事有:
1. 我英文非常爛
2. 有一些句子因為文意和通順的關係,並沒有完全照著原文...
3. 後半段崩壞注意(其實是無誤...)
Doomsday on Mouse vs. Tablets
By Doomsday

Y’ alright? It's Doomsday.

Now, a common argument I often see on osu! is the "Mouse vs Tablet" one. People going on about tablets being easier to play with, or mouse being harder to play with, and some mouse users getting a superiority complex if they can clear a certain jumpy map because it's "harder to do it with a mouse", like someone running a marathon with a bad leg.

I'm a mouse user, and when I tell people that when they ask me what I use to play, they start bowing down and calling me the almighty god of the universe (I mean, c'mon, I'm not all that good really), but I dunno. I've tried playing osu! on a tablet a few times, and even though I haven't spent too much time with it, or much time at all on it for that matter, but enough to get to grips with it, I fall apart. It's hardly the magical "get-good-at-osu!" pad some seem to think it is. It's certainly more fun, and had I not spent eons playing osu! with a mouse, I would've used it to play too when I started (with it feeling a little more like EBA/Ouendan and all, and a little more intuitive), but from what I see it's not superior. For the record, I still prefer using a mouse, just because I like to contradict myself.

Now, I'm sure many of you are thinking "But Doomsday! If a tablet isn't easier than a mouse, why do so many of the top players use a tablet?" Good question! And I don't really have an answer, since I'm probably just talking out of my inexperienced backside here. I've probably only played osu! with a tablet for a few collective hours, and I'd probably need more time to really get used to it, but I did fail a few times on simple songs last time I tried, which must mean something, right?! That said, the top tablet players (You know, your Cookiezis, your Lesjuhs and so on) didn't just pick up the tablet pen and start clearing 200BPM monster maps from the get-go, obviously. I'm sure you already knew that, you're not all that silly.

Point is, from what I've seen, heard and tried, tablet is no easier than mouse. Whether in the long run I'm wrong, I sure as hell can't see myself clearing Made of Fire with one hand, eating a peach with the other, while reading the Express & Star on my lap using a tablet anytime soon; you wouldn't catch me dead eating a peach.
作者:Doomsday

各位好,Doomsday在此。

最近,我在osu!上看到常常被拿來吵的一件事是 "繪圖板vs滑鼠"。有人會一直講 "用繪圖板玩比較簡單" 或是 "用滑鼠玩比較難",如果用滑鼠玩的人清掉了一張有名的跳圖,就會被大家當作膜拜的對象(因為"用滑鼠玩比較難"),好像在看一個瘸子跑馬拉松一樣。

我自己是用滑鼠玩。每當大家問我用什麼來移動後,就開始向我膜拜,說我是宇宙中最強大的神 (我去,我真的沒那麼強)。自己是不知道,不過我曾經試過用繪圖板玩了幾次osu!,沒花太多時間在上面,玩到大概知道那種感覺後,我放棄了。告訴大家,繪圖板絕對不是大家想的"osu!神器"。個人認為雖然用起來的感覺很有趣,如果我之前沒有花了一億年在滑鼠上玩,我絕對會用它 (感覺比較像在玩應援團),不過體驗後感覺繪圖板並沒有特別比滑鼠好,所以我還是推薦用滑鼠,因為我不自重。

現在一定會有人問: "不過Doomsday...如果繪圖板沒像你說的那麼強,那為什麼有那麼多掛B都用繪圖板玩?" 這問題非常好,因為我也不知道。先老實說明自己坑爹的板子經驗:總共只玩了好幾小時、玩了原本一些簡單的歌卻過不去(其實應該要多花點時間適應板子的T_T),然後......好吧,其實重點是我有試過(要不然會有整整一段的文章打不出來)。即便如此,你看到的所有繪圖板神觸 (Cookiezi, Lesjuh等),他們一開始玩時絕對不能一拿起筆來就可以把200BPM的觸圖清掉,你們都應該很聰明,這道理應該早就知道了。

所以重點是,根據我的經驗,繪圖板不是神器。不論時間多長,我還是不能一隻手FC "Made of fire",一隻手吃桃子,一隻手用墊在膝上的繪圖板看報紙。至於吃桃子這事嘛...只能說你絕對看不到...
如果有任何錯誤或不妥當的地方,歡迎糾正 ;)
非常棒,那我就直接弄第三篇了~ :)
YuZuKi Kenny
有沒有採訪 餅乾的?XDD
-----
怎麼被挖出來了 :O
話說六月的份量真的很多...
I Love One Piece
lol 前来捧场 顺便来看看osu杂志